Crack In Windscreen

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yeap Bro Kahar, very itchyla.. I figured if its worth it why not just to make my UDM better (hati senang).. which reminds me that I still need to do the front bumper and side skirt.. Challloooo

Originally posted by yoke@Mar 19 2005, 10:46 PM
Yeap Bro Kahar, very itchyla.. I figured if its worth it why not just to make my UDM better (hati senang).. which reminds me that I still need to do the front bumper and side skirt.. Challloooo
That is the problem with owning a BMW... we tend to pamper the car for even the slightest reason. :D

Originally posted by yoke@Mar 19 2005, 10:46 PM
Mine had two chips which i ignored, but after tinting the chips became more obvious

Originally posted by flash@Jan 23 2005, 08:34 PM

Yup, same with mine. From outside can hardly see but from inside can see the reflection of the crack... but I am satisfied with the work.
:unsure: :unsure: Uh-oh........sounds like it's time to change car dude! :cry: :cry:

Change car after I just got it? And all just because of a small crack in the windscreen? You sure are a notty boy... :D :D

But I wouldn't mind getting XTR-1ND's BMW as a replacement... :p

Originally posted by flash@Mar 22 2005, 11:47 PM
Change car after I just got it? And all just because of a small crack in the windscreen? You sure are a notty boy... :D :D

But I wouldn't mind getting XTR-1ND's BMW as a replacement... :p
Good Choice! GO FOR IT! Heheheheeheheheheheheehehehehehehe....

Hi guys,

My windscreen got chipped today. Is Mechanix still in operation? Alternatively, does anyone know a decent place in Penang that i could fix it as i'm headed there tomorrow? Hopefully the chip won't get bigger by then.

Thanks

I too had cracked windsheild from a falling rock out of a truck on the MRR2 some months back!

I called this guy Raymond (016-2233002) and he repairs windshields at your location. I had invited him to my office. Took about half an hour to get it fixed.

He seals the crack and this stops the growth of it in time to come if unattended. However, I was so pleased with his workmanship that the crack is only visible if you look very carefully! Even my insurance company were fooled when they inspected my car (when I had changed my insurance). The trick is to get it repaired as soon as the crack is developed. The longer you keep it, dirt settles in the crack and it would be harder to do a good job.

Cheers.

Hans;382412 said:
Hi guys,

My windscreen got chipped today. Is Mechanix still in operation? Alternatively, does anyone know a decent place in Penang that i could fix it as i'm headed there tomorrow? Hopefully the chip won't get bigger by then.

Thanks

Yes, Glass Mechanix is still going strong and they do have a branch in Penang - don't have the number in hand though.
They just repaired a chip on my windscreen last week and it was a perfect job. Best of all, they came to my office and no charge !!!!

Cracks on windscreen should be repaired immediately for best results ie it can be barely visible. Once water, soap, dust etc gets in there, it will be more visible after repair.
Cracks near the edge are likely to grow bigger if you continue driving so do repair it immediately.
If you have windscreen insurance, once you replace the windscreen, the cover is gone and you have pay the 15% premium all over again. If your windscreen cover is RM 2k and the repair is RM 1.8k, the whole amount is considered used up.
However, if you repair the windscreen, the amount is not used up and you need not reinstate the windscreen cover ie if repair cost is RM 100, your windscreen is still covered for RM 1,900 until the expiry of your policy.

Call Raymond 016-2233002 for windscreen repairs.

He fixed my friend's old e46 in office compound. Very good workmanship. :top:

dr cermin

hi bro... u can go to dr.cermin and look sam... behind tesco puchong.... price from RM50 - 100 depend to the crack..... if u cover the windscreen in the insurance than i suggest you to replace new one or u still can claim if never take such coverage but you will loose ur ncd for next renewal... :wink:

dear forumers, i've recently got a crack on my 525i E60, about a feet long. after a few days the crack got longer especially after parking it under the sun. can anybody advice me on the following:

1. if i decide to repair the crack, what should be avoided and will the crack got longer or not even under the sun?
2. if i were to get a new windscreen, where can i get an original one? how much would it cost? how long is the process? is there any place that do quality work with minimal cost?

thanks so much.

DYNAMIC AUTOMOBILE & WINDSHIELD REPAIR SERVICES
USA High Technology Windscreen Repair , Replacement & Insurance Claim

1)More then 8 years experience repairing and replacing new windscreen, we provide sufficient service to our customer.

~~PLS MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AT THIS THREAD BEFORE VISITING THE SHOP~~

2) all front windscreen are double layer

3)Insurance Claim available !!

4)High quality tinted service available (V-cool)

5)All windscreen are original with logo and serial code

Warranty:
1 YEAR warranty

Location of seller:
Kajang/Cheras (sg long)

Contact method/details:
-PM
-03-90191973

Age of item:
New from factory

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1015956&hl=

Top Bottom