Kind Advise Needed with regards to E46 , 318 Ci

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Previn

Club Guest
Dear All,Firstly i would like to say that this forum is extremely informative for people like me ..anyway i'm planning to purchase my 1st UDM..nevertheless i seek your kind advise with regards to this..the model that i'm interested in is a E46, 318 Ci ( Coupe ) ..guess most of you'll have seen it before or came across in mudah.com...attached is the link for your kind perusal..please provide me with the pros and cons regarding this model..etc.. that will be useful for me...i'm currently base in Singapore..and will be in KL tomorrow to have a look at this said model..Thanking you'll in advancehttp://www.mudah.my/BMW+318+Ci+2+0+Coupe+M+Sport+New+Facelift+2+Door-8076151.htmBest regardsPrevin

Previn,

Kindly introduce yourself in the Newbie section first.

Thank you

Hi mrnamie,

Thanks for the info provided..have got in-touch with the respective owner of the said UDM..will be meeting him up this coming saturday once in Malaysia@KL

Herbert,

Apologized for not introducing myself in the newbie section...just did it 5 mins ago :)

Best regards

Previn

my opinion base on experience: dont go for any lower than 2.5cc for E46..later you might regret it...batter spend more and get a 6 potter. trust me...i reckond every one in this forum will suggest the same things..:rock:

ck318ci;679380 said:
there's a silver M3 going for sale at a yummy price :)

6 speed MT!

Thanks bro,

But honestly ..it's out of my range at the moment...indeed it's an extremely nice ride....uhuhhuhuu:(

ICEMAN 13;679449 said:
get ssman's e36 M3 ....

Hi Iceman,

Thanks for the info..could you kindly provide the link etc...whichever relevant as for me to get in touch with the respective gentlemen please

regards

Previn

QD250;680063 said:
be careful with n42 engine...

Bro QD250,

Could you kindly advise why?..i'm sorry for asking this ..as i'm extremely vague

Thank you and best regards

Previn

Are you keeping the car in Singapore then? Any issue with keeping a Malaysian registered car there?

Be careful with N42 engine as suggested by QD250. The engine goes on the 318ci 2.0 Year 2002 onwards, also known as facelift model. Why? It's prone to leaking. My client bought a 318i 2.0 used it for 1.5 years and sold it. If you want to go for 318, go for the M43 which is 1.9. My mech also advised me not to get the N42. Mine is the 1.9 as you can see in my signature below. Not as powerful as my E36 328i, but it's fine for me for city driving and for my wife birthday present :D

Crymson;680144 said:
Be careful with N42 engine as suggested by QD250. The engine goes on the 318ci 2.0 Year 2002 onwards, also known as facelift model. Why? It's prone to leaking. My client bought a 318i 2.0 used it for 1.5 years and sold it. If you want to go for 318, go for the M43 which is 1.9. My mech also advised me not to get the N42. Mine is the 1.9 as you can see in my signature below. Not as powerful as my E36 328i, but it's fine for me for city driving and for my wife birthday present :D

agree..better M43...a bit underpower but still reliable engine then N42, less prone to leaking also....go for 6 potter la...aum..aum..skit...baru boleh makan those anoying VW polo and golf driver.some more open the hood pon x malu...mau TT sama otai2 pon xsegan...hehe...

haywire;680115 said:
Are you keeping the car in Singapore then? Any issue with keeping a Malaysian registered car there?

Actually Malaysians are only allowed to use their own Malaysian registered cars if the cars are not kept in Singapore overnight. The cars have to be out of the country for at least 6 hours a day, but this is only for Employment Pass holders. I commute to Singapore daily for work with my Malaysian UDM. More information can be found here http://www.lta.gov.sg/motoring_matters/index_motoring_guide.htm

Top Bottom