Karting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Sunway Extreme Park is gone liao loh... but then again, the undulation on that track tortures the kart chassis. It's a waste to use an expensive chassis there...

Sigh... Missing out all the fun... You guys knock yourselves out ya... Pictures!!!

If june 10th... sorry i can't make it ... will perform my Umrah from 30/05/06 till 13/06/06.. u guys enjoy and becareful!

fun-kart 4-stroke 70 or 80cc (elite) totally different from shah alam circuit...not fast... just nice for beginners

80cc 2-stroke... becareful if u r 1st timer especially at corner... it will spin... dont try to be so brave not using the brake.... if not u kiss the grass and tyre :beaten:

100cc 2-stroke - dont try it if u r first timer (at least try 80cc 1st)... u wont see the grass at all straight to tyres :blink:

125cc huh ... not even tyres ... u will be at the parking lot if no experience! :ph34r:

Just try to ask them (Shah alam karting) dont mixed 100cc and 80cc... its better!!!

Try to learn the racing line 1st for few laps... and u will get it easily... don't simply step on the pedal...

Again bring ur own helmet, balaclava and glove and please wear jeans and long sleeves shirt (if u can get ur own safety things better)... if not u will wear a stock helmet with a shower cap huahuahua :blush: :lol:

Just FYI

Regards
Eddie

Originally posted by eddie70@May 25 2006, 11:56 PM
80cc 2-stroke... becareful if u r 1st timer especially at corner... it will spin... dont try to be so brave not using the brake.... if not u kiss the grass and tyre :beaten:

Eddie70 has some good pointers here. Becareful with the more powerful 2 stroke kart.

For me 4 stroke is good enough :D. I have personally saw first hand a 5 kart accident when people straight line the corner. One of the kart hit another kart and bounced up. Fortunately the kart did not hit anybody.

And this is all on the 4 stroke fun kart albeit on a wet track.

Latest info:
(after discussion)

Venue: Shah Alam Karting Circuit
Date: (Still under construction)
Time: (Still under construction)

1) portse7en
2) adliz
3) kahar abdullah
4)zoggee ( 80 cc )
5)suntze
6) BiMmEr78 - any cc also can and im 1st timer
7) lee36328
8) RedZ4
9) zaskar (newbie)
10) ah lian dun laff if i spin!
11) XXX (100 sissy) got Ah Lian sure must got Ah Benglah
12) donald
13) okow (not available on 27th May and 03rd June)
14) valkryie (80 cc - I don't want to crash and burn)
15) Alvin (If June 3rd) & 125cc if allowed)

Again bring ur own helmet, balaclava and glove and please wear jeans and long sleeves shirt (if u can get ur own safety things better)... if not u will wear a stock helmet with a shower cap huahuahua

This post has been edited by portse7en

I vote for the 3rd of June cause the 10th is the HPC event. Not that I'll be going but just wanted see if I can make it.
I'm guessing those that want to kart on the 3rd will probably not be doing the HPC event cause financially, this might be over the racing limit buget for the month. And since I can only doing one, I'm in it for either.
Lets schedule it tentatively for the 3rd.

I believe the MyKart is having their monthly race at SA on 3 June, so it will clash, unless you have your race after theirs, which means after 2pm to be safe.

Originally posted by portse7en@May 26 2006, 09:22 AM
Latest info:
(after discussion)

Venue: Shah Alam Karting Circuit
Date: (Still under construction)
Time: (Still under construction)

1) portse7en
2) adliz
3) kahar abdullah
4)zoggee ( 80 cc )
5)suntze
6) BiMmEr78 - any cc also can and im 1st timer
7) lee36328
8) RedZ4
9) zaskar (newbie)
10) ah lian dun laff if i spin!
11) XXX (100 sissy) got Ah Lian sure must got Ah Benglah
12) donald
13) okow (not available on 27th May and 03rd June)
14) valkryie (80 cc - I don't want to crash and burn)
15) Alvin (If June 3rd) & 125cc if allowed)
16)Ian
Again bring ur own helmet, balaclava and glove and please wear jeans and long sleeves shirt (if u can get ur own safety things better)... if not u will wear a stock helmet with a shower cap huahuahua

This post has been edited by portse7en
I am on for 100cc. Date please?

Emm how about 10th June..
(enough for member to do their of practice 1st be4 the actual day :D )

10th June is no good cause of the track event at Sepang by HPC. some of us will be enjoying driving our rides & learning the handling of our cars. Why do you all join the HPC event.

www.hpcevents.com

I am BACK from eacting SPRING CHICKENN.....Ni Hao style!

For first timers - I can only recommend Shah Alam as if you go off.....there's some tarmac left for u to effectively brake and stop, at least at the critical corners.

Elite is bumpy and dangerous at some spots - rental karts unknown as there's a new operator now.

Sepang is very nice but far. Their rental karts ( the Kartquest run 100cc ) are good but no idea on pricing.

Price wise at Shah Alam - I can help but so can Alvin and BM5.

Karting will give you an adrenaline fix NO OTHER CARS can.....I can say this even having driven a Ferrari ( and a Lotus Elise ) before.

Enjoy....but of course go the HPC event too, since this is a car forum!

3rd cannot ..10th also cannot...
How about 17th or 18th of June?

So interested people please make urself free that day. :getyourfactsright:
So how?

I think the 17 and 18th weekend is free for me.
If the group wants try to get a late morning session or early afternoon when the sun is baking hot ;)

This way I can put on my race suit and gear and probably lose a kg or two. Good way to lose water weight.

For me, Shah Alam is the best overall and gets my vote.

1) SA : Nice well kept track with decent karts

2) Sepang : Good technical track. Karts are cumbesome, inconsistent and poorly maintained ( the last time I was there was a couple of years ago, so don't know about now)

3) Elite : Nice elevation changes, but very patchy and bumpy in some corners. By FAR the worst carts ( the one and only time I went there)

Originally posted by portse7en@May 29 2006, 07:19 PM
3rd cannot ..10th also cannot...
How about 17th or 18th of June?

So interested people please make urself free that day. :getyourfactsright:
So how?
18th pls

18th is good, its Father's Day can get the 'Mother' to sponsor... hahahha

Guys...is this karting thing only opened to those who own karts or something?..im just wondering if i can join in...cheers! :D

use to kart a lot years ago as a hobby for fun

:D

Top Bottom