Need feedback from e46ers..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My turn to update. Went to M Speed last Sat afternoon for my first 'session' since getting the car to replace wear and tear parts.

There was a couple of E39s there but Meng attended to me right away. He drove my car in - uh oh, something doesn't feel quite right. He told his guys to check my car esp. the 'legs'...

I asked Meng if he could work to a budget - I didn't want to spend more than 2k this trip. 'No problem' he said. After a quick check and calculation, he showed me the figure: RM2230. This is to change some of the koyak-ed parts and to update the car software get the car running better. Sounds good to me!

My list is similar Edholic's to I can reuse his list: :D

1.Engine mounting + Labour = rm380.00
2.Lower arm bush + Labour = rm350.00
3.Fuel pump + Labour = rm 500.00
Item 7-11 come together in 1 set
7.Vent pipe
8.Vent hose
9.Pressure valve
10.Return pipe
11.Vent pipe + Labour = rm800.00
12.Update software and programme = rm200.00

TOTAL = rm2230.00

He told (and showed) me my vent pipe was koyaked and that replacing that and the software update would make a BIG difference in how the car feels. Consumption should come down too. True enough, after the change, car feels much lighter and shifts smoother. Like a different car! The feeling is like after you change your engine oil but x 2 :love:

Meng's recommendation for next visit: replace absorbers (they realised front 2 died after everything was done) and replace radiator. That should be it! :top:

I'm lucky the car dealer I bought from had fixed the steering rack on my request and the previous owner had changed the expansion tank and top hose already. So saved some money la.. :D

All in all the service took 4 hours. Am glad to find out that I was charged the same as Edholic and that M Speed didn't discriminate between owners. Consistent pricing :top:

All in all, I'm happy with the service. On reflection, I suppose I might have preferred if they had checked and advised me to change my absorbers first instead of upgrading the software, but they get top marks for effort and honesty! I'll definately be going back there.

If it helps, these were the brands used:

Engine mounting = Lemforder
Lower arm bush = Mahle
Fuel pump = Auto Bavaria? (see pic)
Vent pipe+Vent hose+Pressure valve+Return pipe+Vent pipe = all items had white Auto Bavaria stickers on them

View attachment 8695

All recommended, wasn't given a choice. Guess Meng could see I was a noob :D

Top Bottom