Just bought E34 (520i/24V) - 1996 model

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lsstwttw

Club Guest
Dear BIG Bros,Good evening. I don't know this is a good idea or not to buy an E34 (520i) Auto. This car was owned by the Tractor Malaysia's lady boss before; the only one owner..Here is the price that i bought. RM31K. The car mileage done 244K km (too high mileage), but overall, the car is really well maintained in term of body, and interior (still come with all original stuffs like blaupunkt audio player, changer, etc). What should i do first thing to check/replace for this car? The headlights (low beam) isn't in good condition i guess... blurish and yellowish color. (How much wuold that cost for changing them completely new? Also, any recommendation how much would that cost if to change all the absorbers? What brand is recoomended? Note that, it will be my weekend car usage only. I do consider to change the engine and maintain auto transmission for my E34. How much would that cost for a half cut, say E34's 525i engine? Is it legal (approved by JPJ) to put in higher CC's engine? Any halfcut shop that you found attractive engine that you could proably introduce me? Oh yes, i'm from KL. Appreciate if you could recommend a good workshop to send in for service. Thanks, BIG BRO!

wow..very late being 1996.. why dun buy a 525i in the first place? hard to find 525 for year 96?

lights are easy to replace. get a good pair from chopshops.. for i think from 300-350 u can get a pair :)

for OEM (Hella)
to change the front headlights + foglights + clear indicators it costs $1.8K
to change the rear lights (clear indicators) it costs $1.1K
changed mine @ Heritage last week :)

I tested this car last week, i found the air hose sensor is not working, i told mr. Lim (He is a nice dealer anyway). If you fell ur ride lack of power pls check this item.

The valve cover gasket should change as well, the previous mech's workmanship look like so so only.

Eh...whatever your name is. Have you tried cleaning the light cover and also replacing a new bulb? It will probably be a cheaper alternative.

I can imagine a few more important (big $) things to look at if you're as picky as me on my last e34. Change engine and gearbox mountings, replace suspension arms and joints, radiator, power steering box, clutch fan, service air-cond & etc. Sorry for the long list, just to let you know off my head the first thing I did when I got my 94 e34 525 5 yrs ago. Did overhaul gearbox and replaced new petrol pump & filter later.

cheers, sorry if I scare you there.:eek:

good information...

anyone know about 520i 24v with vanos engine? a friend selling his 1995 for 25k and he told me the engine produce 160bhp

Purchase of E34 Failed

Hi guys,

Good morning and happy new year.

It is regret to inform that the purchase of E34 for WEV6226 is failed. Having said that, i discovered this E34 not just having brake problem, water leaking at the trunk cover, wet carpet (rear passenger foot area) engine oil level extremely low, gearbox jerking problem but also found that it is completely lack of power probably due to the engine running dead or something else though generally the car body is excellent after getting my buddy who formerly owned E34 520i (year 1993 model) to test drive it. All these were found out after my second test drive after Xmas.

The down payment was forfeited.

And for now, i hv bought and owned a Mercedes Benz E220 Masterpiece (year 1995 model) Perhaps i shouldn't go further to describe how fantastic condition of this benz here, as it does not belong here. Certainly, E34 is much fierce and handsome than the E220 Masterpiece.

Lastly but not least, truthly sorry for not able to join u guys for BMW gathering. Wishing all of you best of health in 2008. BMW BOLEH~!

KOZek;273835 said:
I tested this car last week, i found the air hose sensor is not working, i told mr. Lim (He is a nice dealer anyway). If you fell ur ride lack of power pls check this item.

The valve cover gasket should change as well, the previous mech's workmanship look like so so only.
Kozek,

Mr Lim is 'nice' person in the way of soft and polite, However, he did not disclose the air hose sensor problem to my dad, friend and myself during our 2 rounds of test drive. Moreover, 2 rims are found dented and uneven.

Thanks for your kind info.

Check out www.mybenz.org if you need assistance on Mercs

lsstwttw;276042 said:
Hi guys,

It is regret to inform that the purchase of E34 for WEV6226 is failed. Having said that, i discovered this E34 not just having brake problem, water leaking at the trunk cover, wet carpet (rear passenger foot area) engine oil level extremely low, gearbox jerking problem but also found that it is completely lack of power probably due to the engine running dead or something else though generally the car body is excellent after getting my buddy who formerly owned E34 520i (year 1993 model) to test drive it. All these were found out after my second test drive after Xmas.

And for now, i hv bought and owned a Mercedes Benz E220 Masterpiece (year 1995 model) Perhaps i shouldn't go further to describe how fantastic condition of this benz here, as it does not belong here. Certainly, E34 is much fierce and handsome than the E220 Masterpiece.

Lastly but not least, truthly sorry for not able to join u guys for BMW gathering. Wishing all of you best of health in 2008. BMW BOLEH~!

Vincent Hor;276587 said:
What do you mean?

Just surf : www.mybenz.org there are about 2,000 registered members there and some sifu's for W124

Hi Bro,

Thanks for your info and sorry ah... didn't see your message clearly, you actually direct me to visit mybenz website earlier, just that i didn't notice. Anyway, I hv registered myself to join the mybenz.org. :love:

Regards,
TW

to reborn my old E34

thinking about to reborn my 1993 E34 to a better look any idea bros ??? mybe cost ....sparepart......or......painting job......

Anyone bought WEV6226?

Hi guys,

Anyone bought the E34 520i 24V (year 1996) so far? Actually, i'm still missing the bimmer... till now.

Wonder there's any E34 525i year 1996 going for sale. Do let me know ya!

lsstwttw;276042 said:
Hi guys,

Dear Isss....no problem bro, we can still be friend wat...theres a few member in this forum not own any BMW...:wink:

anakin;277220 said:
Dear Isss....no problem bro, we can still be friend wat...theres a few member in this forum not own any BMW...:wink:

Many thanks Anakin... So touched with your message. :love:

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU....

Top Bottom