Invitation to GLARE newest outlet in KLANG.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
OK..since it's in Klang, I suggest the PJ and KL gang can meet up at the Shell or BP station leading to Damansara toll.

Take the Plus toll and head to Klang.

Will need assistance from the Klang members from there onwards. Where's the best place to meet?

We have to reach GLARE no later than 11am as the opening ceremony starts at 11.30am, apparently there will be a VIP officially Opening the place.

Originally posted by jeffreyewe@Oct 6 2005, 02:28 PM
OK..since it's in Klang, I suggest the PJ and KL gang can meet up at the Shell or BP station leading to Damansara toll.

Take the Plus toll and head to Klang.

Will need assistance from the Klang members from there onwards. Where's the best place to meet?

We have to reach GLARE no later than 11am as the opening ceremony starts at 11.30am, apparently there will be a VIP officially Opening the place.
How about ESSO station just after Jusco. Can't missed it...

Venue : MagicGlare (Klang)
Address: 2A, Jalan Tiara 4, Bandar Baru Klang, 41150 Klang
(Directly opposite Jusco, Klang)
Date : 9th October,2005 (sunday)
Time :11.00am - 2.00pm
Attire : Club shirt or T-shirt

GLARE has also suggested that we convoy there. And they have allocated our parking next to the PORSCHE club.

List:

1) jeffrey
2) jarance
3) fabian
4) wasabi (will try my best to come)
5) Mafia
6) OSFlanker (provided got BMW to drive that day - TBC)
7) MTek1318
8) nikazwaa
9) tongsatriani
10)Blackrobe
11)mctnesh
30)

Originally posted by jarance@Oct 6 2005, 02:30 PM
How about ESSO station just after Jusco. Can't missed it...
Was about to suggest the same place. Esso just next to Jusco is perfect. From there its only about few hundred meters to MagicGlare :D

Remember to wash you rides guys. But don't worry, if you got no time, go to Glare earlier. I'm sure they'll happily wash your cars for free. Hahaha...

I don't mean to be the dissenting voice in this thread... but shouldn't we, as a club, be more discerning when it comes to lending our support to brands/products? Just cos they asked and are offering a "goodie bag" means we're going to w.hore out the good name of our club in support of an inferior product?

I always thought this club was here to provide good, unbiased advice for BMW lovers and owners throughout Malaysia, and if we start supporting products and brands just because we're getting "goodie bags", well, what kind of message is that sending out?

BTW, my opinion that GLARE sucks is of course, entirely my own. But that's the beauty of a public internet forum, isn't it?

Of course, if we plan all "sponserhips" through committee, nothing will ever be accomplished, yes, I agree. But I urge the committee, outgoing and incoming, to set the bar high from the start. After all, this club and forum is a non-profit organisation, and we don't need sponsership to run (Thanks, Tom!), so our first priority should be the dignity and reputation of the club and service to our members.

Originally posted by The Necessary@Oct 6 2005, 04:38 PM
I don't mean to be the dissenting voice in this thread... but shouldn't we, as a club, be more discerning when it comes to lending our support to brands/products? Just cos they asked and are offering a "goodie bag" means we're going to w.hore out the good name of our club in support of an inferior product?

I always thought this club was here to provide good, unbiased advice for BMW lovers and owners throughout Malaysia, and if we start supporting products and brands just because we're getting "goodie bags", well, what kind of message is that sending out?

BTW, my opinion that GLARE sucks is of course, entirely my own. But that's the beauty of a public internet forum, isn't it?

Of course, if we plan all "sponserhips" through committee, nothing will ever be accomplished, yes, I agree. But I urge the committee, outgoing and incoming, to set the bar high from the start. After all, this club and forum is a non-profit organisation, and we don't need sponsership to run (Thanks, Tom!), so our first priority should be the dignity and reputation of the club and service to our members.
Err...so, how? On ke tak on? :huh:

Next time, unless the coordinator or the person-in-charge or the person who posted a specific event notify members officially in writing of changes or cancellation, the event shall proceed as announced.

Aiyaa... Of course it is still on. Glare have just invite our members for the opening of their outlet. I don't think that accepting an invitation mean that the club is sanctioning the product. it just an invitation. The member can decide for themselve whether the product is good or not.

As pointed by the necc, the product sucks based on his personal experience and dealing with the product. Maybe he can enlighten us on why he feel that the product is not good as advertised. It would help us or questioned the glare people when we visit the demo.

In my opinion, I think this event give us a chance to see a product and at the same time allow members to gather and get to know each other better.

Anyway, it was be good if the necc point out certain shortcoming of the glare product. :eek:k:

BTW, some of us are planning to have BKT at 9:30 in the "Teluk Pulai branch" in Taman Rasnah.

Note. Food is non halal.... Come and join us if you feel up to it..

Originally posted by jarance@Oct 7 2005, 08:26 AM
Note : It's puasa month... doesn't matter if it's halal or non-halal... :p

So... Jeff... confirm meeting at the petrol station before damansara toll?

Originally posted by jarance@Oct 6 2005, 06:59 PM
Anyway, it was be good if the necc point out certain shortcoming of the glare product. :eek:k:
This topic has been discussed rather extensively before. I can't remember if it's on this forum or the "old" one. Do a search.

Ok...here's the plan.

9.30am - Meet at Shell station before Damansara (PLUS) Toll.
10.00am - Leave to Klang via PLUS toll.
10.40am - Arrive in Klang and meet up with Klang gang.
10.50am - Convoy to GLARE.

Shell Station D'sara (PLUS) Toll (9.30am):

1) jeffreyewe
2)
3)
4)
5)

Esso Station Klang:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Originally posted by jarance@Oct 7 2005, 08:26 AM
BTW, some of us are planning to have BKT at 9:30 in the "Teluk Pulai branch" in Taman Rasnah.

Yup...those wanna join us for BKT, plz make it by 9.30am. :D

Top Bottom