Increase performance for E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

grandis

Club Guest
Few mechanics recommended to install this speicially manufacturer for E60 aftermarket Plug & Play electronic component Size: small like macthes boxInstallation method : somewhere near the acceleration pedalCost : around RM 1,500Result : Instant performance increase (example: drive 520 but feel power like 525 or may be 530)I search thru forum but couldn't find this related matter.feel wanna try out but worry :afraid:about the side effect.any taiko / sifu outhere can advise? million thanks

it's a Sprint Booster. Google this. It just modifies the pedal travel curve. No extra horsepower here.

For that kind of money; ain't a better way to go for the chip tuning box? Cheers

You can do your own Sprint Booster too. Just drive everytime by stepping full throttle :). That's basically what the Sprint Booster does. Just modifies and increases the input (e.g. so if you step say 2 steps, it will "tell" engine you are stepping 4 steps)

I have both a pedal enhancer (PedalBox) and a plug in chip (DTUK CRDT). Both are pretty good at what they do and are wort their money IMHO.
If you want to release the full potential of the car but are loathe to pressing down on the pedal much like me then a pedal enhancer will do.
If you want more pick up and top speed then a remap or plug in chip is required.
From my experience the pedal enhancer somehow has more pronounced "butt dyno" effect than the plug in chips. BMWs are extremely capable machines. Sometimes it just takes a bit to realize their potential.
Anyway, if you are able to get a demo unit, try it out for yourself and then decide. There are many friendly club vendors willing to assist.

The sprint booster is pointless. It's better to go with stuffs like BMS Powerbox that has throttle remapping and some extra horse power

M54 Ada tuning box :top:
For m54 engine, you even can change to lightweight crank pulley

aoch88;797876 said:
ESS supercharger kit?

aoch88, absolutely agree with you... There will be a huge-hole to your pocket, but it's worth it if you are a truely 'speed-demon' :top:

zack700;797969 said:
aoch88, absolutely agree with you... There will be a huge-hole to your pocket, but it's worth it if you are a truely 'speed-demon' :top:

A RM25k hole in your pocket. Not forgetting post ESS, you need to upgrade your braking system and that is another RM 15k.

I watched some videos of ESS on YouTube and it is really freakin fast!!!

aoch88;798129 said:
I watched some videos of ESS on YouTube and it is really freakin fast!!!

So just go-ahead for the installation bro.. Bonus already out maaaa...:rock:
Then I no need to watch on YouTube anymore.. Can tumpang-tumpang la... :21:

A lot of Pro & Cons comment. so beh tahan liao, As Bro Zack 700 said, bonus ored out ma, go try out my-self.

Install Sprint Booster at RM1K net at Kota Kemuning few days back, emmm.....Result: i can say ok-la, i can feel the response is better than before thus (Physcologically...i feel the car is faster).

Other impact duno yet: like petrol consumption, side effect (gear box or engine mounting cepat kaput) will know later.

BTW, Many thanks for all taiko & sifu comment and advise

Fadhlan;797745 said:
I agree with aoch88. Go with BMS Powerbox.

Fadhlan, will BMS be as good as remapping ? did my remap when that s'pore guy came last year, the result was good.. but sometime last month the feel ( fast gear change n quick excelleration) simply dissapear !! N where to get this BMS locally ?

Top Bottom