Illegal HID headlamp crackdown ... how ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ALIAS

Club Guest
Hi sifu-sifu, how do we prove the xenon headlamp is factory-fitted in the event we kena stopped at roadblocks for illegal HID crackdown?

A lot of us have xenon headlamp and I suspect most of us will be stopped whether or not it's factory fitted. Correct me if I'm wrong. Even if you buy an original HID from a half-cut or nose-cut, also deem illegal. I usually drive with the headlamp dipped but even when raised, it does not blind oncoming drivers. I tried looking at the headlamp from different angle and different height. Do they look at that when deciding to stop you or not?

So how? Pening .....

when they stopped me two days ago they pop the hood to look for HID ballast. I am glad am on ori xenon bulb if it is 8000k I will be dead. Hahahaha

Kalau ori xenon,the ballast is integral of the headlamps.
Kalau aftermarket,the ballast is external and you will be able to see the wiring and mounting of the ballast onto the car in the engine compartment.
So if you have ori xenons...no need to pening.

I sorted out my number plate today. Don't meet the required spec coz letters too close to one another. The shop told me in the crackdown, all the retrofitted daytime running light (DRL) also kena. And that includes my CCFL angel eyes. What the heck? Europe is making DRL compulsory for new vehicles because it's a good feature to have. Our country is going the other direction.

Anybody with retrofitted CCFL angel eyes ran into problem with the authorities?

Top Bottom