I want to clone e39 car key who should i looking for?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Looks like everyone now know better on E39 Key and replacement and where to get one.. Great!!
If you want cheaper option, go to ebay and get a uncut key and then buy another used key, the guy can transplant the used one inside the new uncut key, and have it reprogram (SW/HW), that will be cheaper way, but a little bit of hassle.. Good Luck!!

herbert;600435 said:
Guys,

My key is the diamond shape type (for e39) and recently I replaced battery for my spare remote control/key. Battery cost me only RM7.00. The shop that did the battery replacement is a handy-man shop located at Ground floor, Wisma Lim Foo Yong, Jalan Raja Chulan, KL. The owner (Lai) managed to open the remote control/key to replaced the battery. After battery replacement, you need to sync the remote control/key again. Perhaps Jarance can provide step by step sync procedures.

Thanks for this info. I am sure a lot of diamond shape owner have a cheaper alternative.

btw, changing battery does not required re-sync.

If anybody need it, please ask. I will try to dig my file.

Reprogram the remote entry key, is it meaning reprogram the EEPROM together ? Or it just reprogram the remote just for open the door ?

Errrr ... I'm facing same problem too. My spare key kaput when I got my car last year... Asked AB & they say RM900. So decided to try (tak tau bodoh or bold) getting 1 keb fob from HK (MIC though) for USD70... Think it will arrive tomorrow. Jadi tak jadi will post it here later ...

tweiboon;600857 said:
Reprogram the remote entry key, is it meaning reprogram the EEPROM together ? Or it just reprogram the remote just for open the door ?

Bro, there're many things that could be done, like one of the bros said, Malaysia Boleh! Even the ignition cylinder lock can be "reprogrammed" to match the door key combination.

It's not gonna be cheap but it's a one time deal and worth every penny. You just need to find the right person to do the right job.

Cheers.
seewai

Creazee;600913 said:
Errrr ... I'm facing same problem too. My spare key kaput when I got my car last year... Asked AB & they say RM900. So decided to try (tak tau bodoh or bold) getting 1 keb fob from HK (MIC though) for USD70... Think it will arrive tomorrow. Jadi tak jadi will post it here later ...

which frequency did you order for your key?

herbert;600435 said:
Guys,

My key is the diamond shape type (for e39) and recently I replaced battery for my spare remote control/key. Battery cost me only RM7.00. The shop that did the battery replacement is a handy-man shop located at Ground floor, Wisma Lim Foo Yong, Jalan Raja Chulan, KL. The owner (Lai) managed to open the remote control/key to replaced the battery. After battery replacement, you need to sync the remote control/key again. Perhaps Jarance can provide step by step sync procedures.

Is there any shop that can do the same somewhere this side of PJ/Damansara Area??

Jarance, can provide the step pleazzzzzzzzze

I try the method for my key but remote still not working. So may be something else kong.

InitializerubberE38Key.jpg

InitializeNewStyleKey.jpg

DWS2ButtonKeytypeReInitializingProcedure.jpg

bmw7833;601002 said:
I try the method for my key but remote still not working. So may be something else kong.

InitializeNewStyleKey.jpg

DWS2ButtonKeytypeReInitializingProcedure.jpg

bro bmw7833,

my key type is the 3rd photo(Japan spec). by any chance my key frequency can change to diamond shape(photo #2) so I can enjoy the following functions?

1. press 1st time, driver door open, 2nd time, all doors open...
2. open boot function available.
3. press the centre button(bmw logo), to lock the car?

thank you.

I dont think u can simply change the frequency as related to EWS. My key is the 1st type and came with all the functions u mentioned.

bmw7833;601002 said:

Did you close ALL doors. You must close all doors for the re-sync to work. Else check and change the battery.

Note:
You have sync all the keys that you have in one operation. if not the other key would be out of sync.

jarance;601309 said:
Did you close ALL doors. You must close all doors for the re-sync to work. Else check and change the battery.

Note:
You have sync all the keys that you have in one operation. if not the other key would be out of sync.

I tried but can not. Key LED is flashing but car lock no response.

Meaning if i want to add 4 remote controls also need to complete in 1 process in 30 sec ?

tweiboon;601654 said:
Meaning if i want to add 4 remote controls also need to complete in 1 process in 30 sec ?

Do you really need 4 remote? and the answer is YES/NO, but it's 30 seconds between keys lar.

tweiboon;601654 said:

Wah, how come u have 4 remote keys?

I think he is referring to this 4 keys.
Two keys have remote function. the balance 2 are valet/wallet keys. (the key can open/close the door manually)

key2002.jpg

haywire;601750 said:
in that case only 2 keys will need to be resynced not 4

Sorry ya, i am just giving example but in fact i need to clone 2 more remote entry key, meaning i will have 3 all together. 1 for use and 2 for spare. Lucky is key to key 30 sec if not hard to add the keys also..............heheheheheheheheheheh

tweiboon;601772 said:
Sorry ya, i am just giving example but in fact i need to clone 2 more remote entry key, meaning i will have 3 all together. 1 for use and 2 for spare. Lucky is key to key 30 sec if not hard to add the keys also..............heheheheheheheheheheh

so where did you get the clone key from and how much it cost you?

make sure that you get the right frequency for the remote key. There are two frequency use by BMW and also on e-bay, you can get the 2 frequency.

btw, the GM5 module can only accept 10 keys. If you lost the 10 keys, you cannot sync anymore new keys.

I haven't get the key yet. I just bought from ebay but dont know when will send to me. Actually i dont know the frequency is same to my car or not. I just simply go and buy it and test for my car only..........hehehehehehhe

The key i bought got this at behind "FCC ID: LX8FZV" wherelse my key behind not stated this. I dont know is suitable to my key or not, so just have a try.

Top Bottom