Master Key cannot manually open car door

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
gerald.

your door has been replaced. i doubt your ketuk friend can identified a door if its been replaced as a whole after an accident. most workshop will just replace the whole unit with a chop shop one for about rm300 rather than going through the hassle of knocking it back, they might even safe the effort of spraying it if they can get the same colour.

from the fact that non of your keys work to turn the lock when it can easily open the boot lock, shows that the driver door lock is definately not originally from this car. besides, you cant programe the key to only open with a selective key, in your case being plastic key. the key momory function only allows certain settings, and selective key unlocking is definately not on the list. either the previous owner is not telling you the truth on the history of the car or he got conned by his mech into believing the lock programed thing.

you only solution now is to order a new lock barrel from germany with your vin. cost is about 400ish last check

leforte;304022 said:
gerald.

your door has been replaced. i doubt your ketuk friend can identified a door if its been replaced as a whole after an accident. most workshop will just replace the whole unit with a chop shop one for about rm300 rather than going through the hassle of knocking it back, they might even safe the effort of spraying it if they can get the same colour.

from the fact that non of your keys work to turn the lock when it can easily open the boot lock, shows that the driver door lock is definately not originally from this car. besides, you cant programe the key to only open with a selective key, in your case being plastic key. the key momory function only allows certain settings, and selective key unlocking is definately not on the list. either the previous owner is not telling you the truth on the history of the car or he got conned by his mech into believing the lock programed thing.

you only solution now is to order a new lock barrel from germany with your vin. cost is about 400ish last check

Thanks bro,

Anyone can help me to do this? is it have to be AB? I assume I can jusr change the whole lock barrel without needing to have anymore key and will be able to use my old key still kan?

Regards,
gerald 5

try bringing to a locksmith and have him look at it first. maybe someone stuck something in the door lock or sqeezed a tube of supa glue in it.

thanks guys for all the reply, just need your advise if there is a good place tat I can turn to for help.. any mech with good knowledge about locks and programming?

Settled

Went to MPS to change all 4 tyres and just for fun asked Manji to look at the lock, he spray some thing like the WD, waala... it is done, as good as new. Thanks guys to all you advise and a special thanks to AlexNg for the tip on WD.

Top Bottom