How to prevent stuff from moving in our boot?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chaiks

Club Guest
Hi guys,e39 boot is quite deep and I don't have the luggage straps as mentioned in the manual.Any idea or what you guys used to secure items from moving around or gain easy access to smaller items? Even placing a large basket in the boot needed means to secure them. Anyway of compartmentalizing the boot? Cheers.

Hahahh..this is the headache question..I tot i am only got the problem but u too hahh..

Simple... Move the stuff out of the boot.

But seriously, get a container. Secure the container to something. Put all the stuff in the container.

Go get some fastener (strap + carabiners) from rock climbing gym. Guarantee no shifting even if you take corners in Sepang circuit during HPC :)

I saw the non-slippery mat at home deco store (IKEA, Mekio, etc). It looks just like the small matt for dashboard, but made thicker and comes in a roll. Probably helps to a big extent if one does not take sharp corners.

errr.. I install the spare wheel upsidedown (i.e with the inner part of the wheel facing up) and dump all the small thing inside it.

However, you have to insert a short tube to hold the retaining cap to prevent the
wheel from moving.

As for my tool box, I have a small elastic band (thoose you see on motobike to hold things on the pillion seat) to hold it down. Just have to extend a rigid wire after you anchor it.

I also make 2 small clips to hold my extenable wrench for wheel similar to the jack.

jarance;264270 said:
errr.. I install the spare wheel upsidedown (i.e with the inner part of the wheel facing up) and dump all the small thing inside it.

However, you have to insert a short tube to hold the retaining cap to prevent the
wheel from moving.

As for my tool box, I have a small elastic band (thoose you see on motobike to hold things on the pillion seat) to hold it down. Just have to extend a rigid wire after you anchor it.

I also make 2 small clips to hold my extenable wrench for wheel similar to the jack.

Jarance,

a few photos appreciated. Thanks

will try.. no all cameras out of action.. hp camera pun tak ada..(in workshop)

sorry for the time being...

Use cargo net la.. cheap-cheap-confirm-sure-work solution.

I bought this cargo net from ENEOS for less than RM40..
cargonet01.jpg

And this is how I use it:
cargonet11.jpg

Of course for this UDM case, the net need to be lay on the floor la. But have to identify the anchor points lor. I think they have different net for different purpose.

Or use the anti slip mat lor, like those u place on the dashboard but the boot mat is the same material but thicker and bigger in dimension.

1) install a strut bar....

2) buy a canvas fold up box

3) hook the canvas box to the strut bar...

4) place ur stuff inside it, but minimal is best....

5) go to sepang, whack the car to test! :)

you can go to a accessory shop and ask them to place a cardboard on the boot floor covered with carpet. The board can be cut with several shapes and sizes to fit your unique storage boxes so that it would not move around. The concept is like fitting amplifiers on your boot floor.

The drawback is that if your want to remove the spare tyre, then you would have to remove the board too. Just an additional thing to remove.

planta

so far....

Aim for luggage compartment/boot:
1. No moving or rolling objects.
2. Easy access to small or big items.
3. Flexible compartments.

Suggestions:
1. Container, but need to be secured. (Lee36328)
2. Velcro(ed) fabric organizer from Ikea. (geoffreylee)
3. Strap + carabiners fastener from rock climbing gym. (viewfinder)
4. Spare wheel placed upside down for small items. (jarance)
5. Storage or cargo net from ENEOS rm40. (astroboy)
6. Canvas fold up box with strut bar. (Jules)
7. Customized carpet cordinated box similar to amp box. (planta)

It seems we need more visual cue from jarances' other ideas. Have to admit Jules idea was brilliant in justifying to get a strut bar :top:.

I'll check out geoff & viewfinder ideas with astroboy's storage net, as the net can probably separate the back & front of the boot by half. This will help preventing items from slipping to the back and will be excellent if its detachable as well.

Any more bright ideas?

cheers.

Strider;264446 said:
do you know, how much it will cost

I tried calling AB Glenmarie (HQ & closes to me). Still cannot manage to talk to the right person. Given the parts department 55663879, but couln't get anyone.

Popped by AB website and drop a query. Suppose to get a reply within 48hrs. Will see how it goes.

I called Bavarian Auto Parts SS2, but not stocking.

Either that or simply make sure your boot is filled to the brim with barangs at all time. Dump in 2 golf bags, an eski and a couple of spare shoes. No more room for loose barangs to be sliding around. :top:

Daredevil;264882 said:
Either that or simply make sure your boot is filled to the brim with barangs at all time. Dump in 2 golf bags, an eski and a couple of spare shoes. No more room for loose barangs to be sliding around. :top:

I know what you mean, but I prefer a clean & clear interior with no excess stuff to keep the car light for performance and better fuel consumption. I used to remove my spare tire also cause mostly short trips between home and office, no long outstation travel.

Top Bottom