how to make sure that 335i is with DCT but not tiptronic?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jc@

Club Guest
hi all.im currently thinking to upgrade my ride to a 335i dct, but im quite confuse to the gearbox.does some auto come with the dct shift paddles as well? and what's the market price of my current ride ?my ride is a 03' E46 325i SMG M-SPORT.thanks

David, he want to upgrade the car la (buying a 335i)... not his smg e46...

i know la pussy... that is why i said 335i dct only from year 2009 onwards.... u mabuk ???

ya loh... i also mabuk, too much WWE watching... hehehe..

but, the auto box does NOT have the paddle shifters... only the DCT has..
but some e39's can retro fit the paddles also.. ada gaya.. hehehe

duit takde takpe, tapi gaya mesti ada :D
i think im gonna buy 2 dummies DCT paddle shifter n stick it on my steering wheel

thanks for all of the replies.

i had come across with a few recon unit of 335i, but they do come with shift paddles, which is why im so confuse.

by the way, just get to know that the shift stick is not the same also.

so only malaysian 335i DCT manufactured in 09' or all over the world?
cause im trying to get a recon unit.

thanks

sharp;516433 said:
duit takde takpe, tapi gaya mesti ada :D
i think im gonna buy 2 dummies DCT paddle shifter n stick it on my steering wheel

Sure boh?? :wink:

I think both slush box 335i and DCT 335i comes standard with paddle shifters on the steering. Check how the gear knob looks like.. DCT's should look like the pic below:

bmw_335i_double_clutch_gearbox.JPG

As long as the trans has "M" for manual mode, retrofitting pedal shifter is possible with all OEM parts. The pedal shift is just tapping and extending the "M" switches cables from the gear console to the steering pedals, no different than flipping your gear knob in "M" mode.

My 335 07 comes with paddle shift. I have see quite a few uk spec 335 does not come with paddle shift.

Mine is a cbu sapura car.

Shiftronic 6 speed paddle shifters are optional, DCT 7speed comes with paddle shifters

really scared to give this car a test drive... later kenot sleep :)

enkil;517029 said:
really scared to give this car a test drive... later kenot sleep :)

haha... test drive ? even i had a taxi ride the beast, i wan tot sell my house, cat, car.. etc to buy it..:burnout:

lagi shoik with the KW's on the car... slurp man...

thanks for all the replies.

i heard that 335i DCT is actually a auto gearbox, but not automated manual like SMG/ SSG
heard that from my auto bavaria salesman.

pussy;517079 said:
haha... test drive ? even i had a taxi ride the beast, i wan tot sell my house, cat, car.. etc to buy it..:burnout:

lagi shoik with the KW's on the car... slurp man...

Yup, err pussy can sell your house to buy me the car arr. I got one spare rum for you.:smokin:

jc@;517555 said:
thanks for all the replies.

i heard that 335i DCT is actually a auto gearbox, but not automated manual like SMG/ SSG
heard that from my auto bavaria salesman.

That's absolutely wrong. DCT = Dual Clutch Transmission

Click here: [video=youtube;3JtTTyalbd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JtTTyalbd4[/video]

and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_clutch_transmission

:rock:

Why is it absolutely wrong, kevster? It seems to be a correct statement that a DCT is an auto gearbox and not an SMG/SSG.

Top Bottom