..how much i should expect for my Z4..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..hi guys..im wondering, how much i should expect to get for my Z4..its 2.5 six inline engine, year is 2004, black, soft top..car is in really good shape and very low km (35K only)..never had any issues and only thing so far changed was pressure sensor (common thing), and car was regularly serviced in authorized service centers(Sapura, Quil auto). it has nice BMW 18' rims with michelin tires..what would be realistic price to be expected for such car??

hi Andrew...I have decided, however, im working on my Z8 import (trying to see is there a way to avoid import tax), so soon as Im 'clear' with stuff im on, Ill let you know..as I said, car is in tip top condition, not a scratch of any kind on it, some folks here saw car in live, but i can provide pics, no problems..i posted here, for sake of getting clearer sight over price i could realistically expect for such car..i just dont want to screw anyone and i dont want anyone screw me, just some nice, realistic price..

Ecc0;579011 said:
hi Andrew...I have decided, however, im working on my Z8 import (trying to see is there a way to avoid import tax), so soon as Im 'clear' with stuff im on, Ill let you know..as I said, car is in tip top condition, not a scratch of any kind on it, some folks here saw car in live, but i can provide pics, no problems..i posted here, for sake of getting clearer sight over price i could realistically expect for such car..i just dont want to screw anyone and i dont want anyone screw me, just some nice, realistic price..

To sell and get a realistic price for your car, send your car to 3 used car dealers (of your choice) and ask them what price they would offer for your car. From the highest price offered by one of the 3 dealers. add RM 10k to 15k and that would be your selling/expected price.

thinice;579028 said:
herbert,

good realistic advice...

I believe it is one of the best formula and many of my friends had applied it successfully.

From personal and first hand experience, I found out earlier in the year that trying to sell or getting a valuation for a Z4 from 2nd dealers is problematic. I did go to 3 dealers, they all ended up calling the same buyer/broker. And the price was terrible. A ratio of 2:3 (offered vs what I expected) which is crazy.

I put this down to the fact that Z4's are specialty cars and the market is limited.

It may also be because mine was a 3.0si with M fittings and local market is not used to it (compared to 2.5i with standard accessories).

Anyway, eventually sold mine at price that I was very happy with, via a broker on commission (on a price I set).

Good luck and hope you get top dollar for your ride.

Cheers.
NetMaestro

Top Bottom