How much i need to spend.?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Issac

Club Guest
Some newbie question need to ask at here.. pls answer my question.. pls pls..i wanted to change few item of my E34- wiper rubber- wiper blade- full M5 body kit- angel eye - LED rear lightany1 can tell me wat's the price?? i'm new here.. thx for helping..

foohh...!!!! Led lights??? foohh!!!! awesome...!!!

But I suggest you get ur handling set up right and run it with a set of good tyres. that will be more then enuf.

Anywhere from RM 2k to RM 20k depending on brand of item and material used :D

Where you from? KL?

my car performance is ok.. juz a bit allignment problem..
2k - 20k >.

angel eye selling for about RM300 to RM380.. but not sure got for E34 but more suitable for E36 and E46.

thx jarance info..
Zogge, i need a good tyres set.. wat's ur suggestion? which brand tyre are suitable 4 e34??

First tip from a forum oldie (not this forum, but many others, based on what I own at that time): Search button is your friend.

Second tip: Consider expanding your search to overseas forums as well. The enthusiast market there is larger and have more collective knowledge although your parts source will be different (as well as prices).

I'm based in S'pore so I'll let my M'sian colleagues answer your question re: local parts. Here, Eng Soon offers very competitive parts prices, comparable or even better than US prices.

"Full M5" body kit? Not sure what you mean here. The e34 M5 was a bit of a Q-car. They had a small front lip spoiler, and early versions had the sills in grey. Later versions had the more aerodynamic M-technic wing mirrors. I think there was also a small trunk spoiler, but that's pretty much it. The e39 and e60 have more obvious "body"kits. (http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=12)

You can look on eBay for Angel Eyes - I believe made by Depo in Taiwan. Review is mixed. Do a search on the US forums to see the comments. Overall, not very positive, but your mileage may vary. Buying from US (or direct from Taiwan) may be cheaper, even when factoring in Shipping but warranty issues may be hard to resolve.

Tire recomendations are subjective, and so's pricing. I'm told that generally, tires are cheaper in Singapore. Since you're on a budget, I recommend staying away from brand name tires like Michelin Pilots. I used to run Kumho MXs on my '95 911 as the car had a voracious appetite for rear tires (a new pair once a year or so). For M'sian weather, consider wet handling as well. I used to run Continental Contisports on an Alfa 156 but the current Goodyear F1s (235/45/ZR18) on my e34 are just brilliant in both dry AND wet. I don't think I would be switching to any other brand, at least for the e34.

I've been down this road many times, inc. while being a student. Best mod is always performance driving lessons on the track with an instructor. It may not be cool, doesn't give you street cred, and isn't as overt. But it is by far the best mod you can do.

Another key thing to remember about e34 ownership was that the car was once a luxury mid-size sedan costing mucho dinero. So, even if the cost of purchasing one now is low, parts and maintenance would still reflect that of a high-end luxury car, not a Proton. Check out the e34 maintenance thread to understand the costs that await you.

Angel eyes are available for e34, most common brand Depo Taiwan, like Salsero said, use the search. Prices might have come down, I paid 1,500 for mine. No problems on performance with light distribution and brightness, in fact I think it is better than the originals.

The whole head lights with angel eye can be gotten from WRC in sunway. My friend installed that on to his E32 and it looks ok.

M30 said:
The whole head lights with angel eye can be gotten from WRC in sunway. My friend installed that on to his E32 and it looks ok.

How much the price ?

Iqlima said:
How much the price ?

Did not check with him...i will check if u wan to...will be goin to sunway soon. My friends car sold already also but i might have the pics.

thx Salsero for giving the detail information 4 me..
thx alotz..

* minimum have to spend how much on the body kit? coz my rear bumper already crash.. >.

willy5 said:
Angel eyes are available for e34, most common brand Depo Taiwan, like Salsero said, use the search. Prices might have come down, I paid 1,500 for mine. No problems on performance with light distribution and brightness, in fact I think it is better than the originals.

Are they CCFL type?

Here's the eBay Depo Angel Eyes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEPO...007QQitemZ170055501836QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Shipping is USD 90, so total is USD 300. With today's MYR to USD exchange rate, you're looking at around MYR 1100 or less. But as I said, if you have issues, exchanges & warranty might be a hassle.

No affiliation with seller, etc. etc.

And no, I don't have 'em on my car. Just stuck to regular OEM "smiley" Hellas for SGD 40 per lens. Good enough for my North-South blitzes. IMHO, for the cost of the angel eyes, I'd rather get HIDs/Xenons (just make sure you aim them properly, not like some of the X5s I come across - *@#^! idiots)

thanks salsero for the ebay link.. They don't look like CCFL type, more towards Hella with lumiled.

ANGELEYE_BMW_E34_D.jpg

This is just personal taste.....E30 and E34 with angel eyes somehow doesnt look right.....:rolleyes:

Issac..i will try to get the price and deaild for u about the head light if i go down to Sunway tomorrow

Top Bottom