Hoping that its only a April Fool joke my beast played on me today

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JoeKG777

Club Guest
Something weird happen today morning and I hope it doesnt cost me a bomb to get it done tmrw. Other guru's out there please advice me if this has happened to anyone else and if there is a solution for this.When I started the car today morning, it was all good and after driving for a about 15 min, as I was coming to a stop at toll booth and suddenly the car was jerking so bad and the RPM was fluctuating (500 to 1200). I pulled over and the engine after massive struggle (as if no air is going in) died. The car started when I tried but without pressing the throttle, its still jerks and jus dies off. I have jus bought this beast (525i M sport, 160k milage) about a month ago and this is my first experience with UDM. I decided to drive back to my home and not planning to take risk any futher for the day. Drove back home and everytime the car comes to a stop the engines just rattles. While driving it feels powerless in low rpm range. Parked it in my house and took my more reliable Waja to work. (was a good decission to keep my trusted waja for rainy days like this). Supprisingly when I got back after work, decided to start the car it was all ok. Took it out for a spin and after 20min it was still behaving normally. Anyway, tmrw Iam goin to take my new baby to Jack of Auto Werkz, JB. Lets see if he manage to find any fault. The only recent change was that I changed from RON 95 (which I have been using since I got the car) to RON97 hoping to feel more boost and extra milage but this doesnt seems like it. Friends, please let me know what I should be watching out for and what could be the reason. Will keep you guys updated after my visit to Jack. Cheers,

Just got back from Jack's place. He ran the diagnostic and found some past faults which doenst show on current faults. He then decided to clear all fault and reset the ecu to see if this comes back. True enough all the fault are cleared except for one, O2 sensor 2 before CC shows high value. Further diagnostic showed that the reading of this sensor does not change when the engine is on as compared to the other 3. The reading stays at 2.1 wherelse the sensor 1 before CC changes according to throttle position. So confirm the sensor has failed and he checked for the price which was a shocker, about 1k. He said I can still drive normally albeit suffering fuel efficiency. I going to see if this sensor can be bought online or from Eng Soon in Singapore. Will keep you guys updated. Car is running better now with average fuel consumption rate at 9l/100km.

The best part, Jack didnt even charge me a single sen for his time. He gives very good service but his parts price seems to be on the higher side. Changed the auto transmission fluid, pan and mechatronic seal for 1k plus last month. Which seems to be higher compared to other posts I have seen in this Forum. Nevertheless, he is very good in what he does and very professional.

JoeKG777;623150 said:
Just got back from Jack's place. He ran the diagnostic and found some past faults which doenst show on current faults. He then decided to clear all fault and reset the ecu to see if this comes back. True enough all the fault are cleared except for one, O2 sensor 2 before CC shows high value. Further diagnostic showed that the reading of this sensor does not change when the engine is on as compared to the other 3. The reading stays at 2.1 wherelse the sensor 1 before CC changes according to throttle position. So confirm the sensor has failed and he checked for the price which was a shocker, about 1k. He said I can still drive normally albeit suffering fuel efficiency. I going to see if this sensor can be bought online or from Eng Soon in Singapore. Will keep you guys updated. Car is running better now with average fuel consumption rate at 9l/100km.

The best part, Jack didnt even charge me a single sen for his time. He gives very good service but his parts price seems to be on the higher side. Changed the auto transmission fluid, pan and mechatronic seal for 1k plus last month. Which seems to be higher compared to other posts I have seen in this Forum. Nevertheless, he is very good in what he does and very professional.

Glad you have pointed out that issue. Jack has been the one I always recommend to friends for UDM services. I've just got back from there this evenning after a regular service on my another baby E39.

For RM 441.00, I got Liqui Moly 10-40 7L, oild filter, flush radiator and added 2 bottles LiquiMoly coolant, full engine diagnose, readjust air-cond gas (due to high speed fan always activated), 1 license plate bulb, 2 oil seals for TF cap and water host sensor and, engine wash!!!

I have been using E39 for past 6 years and having 1 E60 lately. Other workshops I went to are not pro enough and believe or not some of them even billed me ori parts' price but installed OEM. I can pay but don't cheat on me! So, please know what you are paying for.

Yeaup, Money worth spent knowing you have got good parts and excellent service. Anyway, I made a call to Eng Soon in Singapore and they told me they have the part available for SGD 300. Plannning to drop by there sometime next week and get Jack to install them soon. Not taking risk of damaging the CC with sensor throwing wrong value.

Cheers guys...

Hi AhTu where is this Jack's place, the price u paid for so much services offered is well spent :)

Damonzero;623654 said:
Hi AhTu where is this Jack's place, the price u paid for so much services offered is well spent :)

at,
No.23, Jalan Impian Emas 5, Taman Impian Emas. JB. The owner is Jack, h/p is 016 7228752.

Just tell him you are introduced by car owner 2626, if his price or service is not justified pls let me know coz I dun want to spoil my name by doing this.

Please update us once u fixed the sensor. Good to know more about the behavior of out rides. Thanks man!

AhTu;623591 said:
Hi JoeKG777, mind PM me Eng Soon's contact and address? TIA

Hi AhTu:- This is the their website. http://www.engsoon.com.sg/

Got a very good deal for the sensor about SGD 180. Btw, before I changed the sensor, the same problem happened again. After driving for 5 min, car lost power and rough idle. Stopped the car for a while then started, everything was ok. So decided that I must change the sensor. Bought the sensor from Eng Soon and took it to Jack the next day. Car was ok then. Jack changed the sensor, cleared all the fault and the car drove like new again. Just when I thought the worst is over, today morning just after leaving my home steering felt heavy and when I came close to the junction, the car just stalled with Active steering fault appeared on the I drive. Started again, but again same problem. Massively jerking. Drove back home and thankgod managed to get a lift from my neighbour. I started again the car this evening an it behaved like nothing happened in the morning. Straight drove to Jack's place and left it there for him to fully diagnose it again... He says it could be Vanos intake problem...

Really have no idea now what is the real cause and how much its going to cost... Keeping my finger crossed...

sorry to hear what you are going thru. Reading your post gives me the shudders. I hope you find a cheap and fast solution to this!

JoeKG777, thanks for your info. Sorry to hear that your ride is having problem and hope it will be just a minor one.

Hi, JoeKG777, Just got my e60 last month. What a shock after reading your problem. So sorry to here that & wish u best of luck in solving the issue.

AhTu;623272 said:
Glad you have pointed out that issue. Jack has been the one I always recommend to friends for UDM services. I've just got back from there this evenning after a regular service on my another baby E39.

For RM 441.00, I got Liqui Moly 10-40 7L, oild filter, flush radiator and added 2 bottles LiquiMoly coolant, full engine diagnose, readjust air-cond gas (due to high speed fan always activated), 1 license plate bulb, 2 oil seals for TF cap and water host sensor and, engine wash!!!

I have been using E39 for past 6 years and having 1 E60 lately. Other workshops I went to are not pro enough and believe or not some of them even billed me ori parts' price but installed OEM. I can pay but don't cheat on me! So, please know what you are paying for.

Hi bro ah tu, i think u really got a good deal. So cheap...

I just done my first service in penang. For oil change, filter, flush radiator + coolant cost me rm500++

Hope to get cheaper one for next service... :(

eric2000;625701 said:
Hi, JoeKG777, Just got my e60 last month. What a shock after reading your problem. So sorry to here that & wish u best of luck in solving the issue.

Hi Eric, Dont worry too much... I guess some things needs to be changed due to wear and tear... Its a great machine and enjoy your ride...

To update my status, the last fault code was intake camshaft sensor faulty... Bought one yest from Eng Soon for SGD 115 and Jack changed it today morning... (Best part, he didnt even charge me for the diagnostic, sensor replacement and clearing of fault). Car seems to be alright now... Although the steering now feels a bit heavy but maybe its because I have been driving viva for the past few days:)... I believe the ride should be perfect for now... Keeping my fingers crossed...

Cheers guys

Same thing happened today morning... Decided to just drive to work and after few minutes of shut down, it was all good. Really weird... Its like a 2 day gap hiccup... When I google, I do see some ppl having this problem but no definite cure...:(

JoeKG777;626754 said:
Same thing happened today morning... Decided to just drive to work and after few minutes of shut down, it was all good. Really weird... Its like a 2 day gap hiccup... When I google, I do see some ppl having this problem but no definite cure...:(

Nice to meet you today bro. So did you manage to solve the problem?

initialM;626856 said:
Nice to meet you today bro. So did you manage to solve the problem?

Hi There, Nice meeting u too. Well, Jack asked me to come tmrw. Since its a 2 day once problem, it might happen again tmrw morning and I will drive straight to Jack's place. Will keep you guys updated...

Cheers,

Top Bottom