High gas consumption

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yes if you can efford it why not, but if you intend to save a bit, there are many ways to reduce the consumption to improve the fuel efficiency. Gentle and light floor try to control the pedal, not to floor too hard, with right tire pressure and well maintained engine, you will see the big saving, but then again, after all BMW is to enjoy the power, so the choice is yours...

dont mind if i throw in some stats in here too... my 523 does give or take 11.8l/100km city driving and below 10l/100km highway driving... just curious, what is the right tire pressure for 18 inch wheels?

James Chun;341349 said:
Wah..So Cheap. What Speed You Travel At??

Slow and steady, avg 100km/h.

Took the same reading again when i cruised from KL bec to JB yesterday.

Went back to JB for the weekend. Noticed that travelling at 140-150km/hr gives a better "Indicated MPG" than at 110-120km/hr. Started off with OBC read-out (from daily commuting) at 13.9l/100km, reached JB with OBC read-out at 12.6l/100km

The computer reading is not so accurated lar. My 523i OBC read-out at 12.9l/100km for normal drive.

My car fuel consumption

Hi,
My car fuel consumption based on the computer calculation is 25.6mpg. Is is normal. I'm using 523i UK Model, 2500cc. Anybody using the i-charge regulator?

perhaps we should start a new thread stating best, average and worst consumption. Here goes

E39 520i double vanos
Average-9.9/100km
Best-9.5/100km
Worst-13.3/100km

Mine is based on manual.

By the way, my E39 consumption is slightly better than my Naza Ria.

Top Bottom