Help: Wheel noise while driving

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lone.Wolf

Hi all sifus.. I need help my wheel have a squeaking noise when i start driving for a few sec (like high pitch metal squeal) but it goes away after reach 20km/h above speed .. I suspect it comes from passenger side either from front or rear.. Had refer one mechanic and said the problem most likely cause by wheel rotor collide with brake pad.. Anyone can help what is the cause for this problem and the best solution to fix it? Or does anyone experience this problem before? My vehicle is BMW E46 318i.. Thank you..

Bro, did u recently changed brake pads or did any work on that area?

No bro I haven't change any of it yet.. but based on observation my brake pad have around 20% left and maybe need replacement once i have enough budget ... Do worn brake pad could be the culprit or do we need to change wheel rotor as well? any suggestion?

The noise occurred after I accidentally hit a pot hole in which it bent my rim and tire punctured few days ago during my road trip in Kota Belud.. That road was terrible..

im guessing u changed tire and repaired the rims. what could hv happened is during the process to change tire, the shop might hv accidentally hit the disc protection plate and bent it. might want to check that and realign it back. that might be a cause.

and yes, brake pad wearing out can also be a cause. might as well get em changed bro.

Thanks for the suggestion bro.. It was quite a relieved that the noise has gone after I change a new brake pad cost me around (RM 275) and resurface the rear wheel rotor by mechanic cost (RM 96 both left and right).. Hopefully the noise will not reoccur again in the future.. Will replace a new front brake pad & rotor along someday.. cheers :67:

Top Bottom