help newbee to choose e46 or e39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

puterakusepi

Club Guest
hello everybody ... for ur info im newbee here... plan to let go my e36 rite now im little bit confius to choose which car is better (e46 or e39) for what im mention below.a. spare partsb. maintenancec. fuel consumptionwhich one is worth buying... thank you... really hope ur guys feed back

Both car share the same engine so fuel consumption should be about the same. maintenance i would say the E39 is slightly expensive. Spare part are easily available for both models.

Bro, please look around the forum as this subject has been covered before one or another :D

p/s: Welcome to BMWCM bro :D

B33mEr;481622 said:
Both car share the same engine so fuel consumption should be about the same. maintenance i would say the E39 is slightly expensive. Spare part are easily available for both models.

Bro, please look around the forum as this subject has been covered before one or another :D

p/s: Welcome to BMWCM bro :D

Coming from the words of an E46 330i owner. Don't pray pray! :D

Hi, am driving e39 523. Great experience and for long distance, very confortable. Low wind noise and infact, nows day when driving, I don't turn on the radio.... very peacful ..... well you still hear some wind noise from behind but I guest is for safety reason.

Got staff driving e46 . Must say the pick up is great, better response and consumption of fuel is much lesser compared to e39. Probably even maintenance which I think greatly depend on how your drive style and how you normally maintain and care for your car.

But e39 is much more solid and e46.... a bit hollow. Sorry leh e46 friend.

Therefore, depending on your budget, your driving style, your lifestyle..... pick our choice....but at the end, it is still the UDM. Happy New Year.

tq sifoo... master i already read all the post but can't fine concrite post about this put a side e39 because expensive part (can't afford lorr) so in e46 which one is the best choice interm of maintenance and not so meragam la... one of my friends told me don't buy 320 coz so many prob specially it GB... it's true...???? :wink:

If you are married & got kids, go for E39,
If you are single & got girlfriend (s), go for E46,
If you are always travel with parents, go for E39,
If you are junior Executive, go for E46,
If you are at managerial level or higher, go for E39.

*(no offence ya E46'ers, hehe)

Bro putera, buy the car from Bro initialM, his got very nice cars e46 & e39 up for sale.
Good luck.

Depends on yr need & budget. U can compare 3 to 5 series. My suggestion test drive both cars & see which one you like. Then go for the highest cc you can afford.
No replacement for displacement. Since ur aredi got E36 why dun u just keep it & buy another E39. Again its your preference & money. :love:

yup so sat to let go my e36... but my brother begging to own that car so kesian maa... by the way last week i already found 318.. milage 70297km sell around 75k it's worth it..

puterakusepi;481968 said:
yup so sat to let go my e36... but my brother begging to own that car so kesian maa... by the way last week i already found 318.. milage 70297km sell around 75k it's worth it..

If u r really bimmer driver go for 6 pots:top:

initialM;482036 said:
If u r really bimmer driver go for 6 pots:top:

I Total agree with this statement., after driving 318 and 325., BMW Kaki always go for 6 potter, it is the BMW legend M power engine come from mah..... if driving 4 potter u get Potong easily by Honda CIvic or other Japs car lah,...hehehe....no fun lah...

ANd also my mechanic says 4 potter engine lots of problem 1 lah...always minyak leaking lah...engine vibration like "GORENG KACANG' sound lah...BO LAT la (no power)..etc....if cant afford 2.5 litre..., least least must go for 320 2.2 litre 6 potter ah....recommended....

ray123;482048 said:
ANd also my mechanic says 4 potter engine lots of problem 1 lah...always minyak leaking lah...engine vibration like "GORENG KACANG' sound lah...BO LAT la (no power)..etc....if cant afford 2.5 litre..., least least must go for 320 2.2 litre 6 potter ah....recommended....

better still get 328/330 hehehe

[video=youtube;Jk-kIlJlt6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk-kIlJlt6Q[/video]

or 528/530 hehe

[video=youtube;iUjusavTju4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUjusavTju4[/video]

Top Bottom