Help ...Help ,E90 coolant run out of water

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dickytan20000

Club Guest
Dear all seifu ,seifuI driving a 2005 ,320i E90.and the meter running at 70,000 km up to date.Last week the coolant sign was out and indicate water level low and i had add in about 1 liter in.After ,i send for checking and according to the mach. said there's no leaking sign on the pipe and advice my to drive for few more day to monitor.I aslo check and note on my carage n wheter any water laeking sign but end up No.Today , i open up the coolant tank any discover the water is low again and there's no leaking sign on the floor.Helppppppppppppp All seifu ,Any advice ..............

dickytan20000;485447 said:
Dear all seifu ,seifu

I driving a 1995 ,320i E90.and the meter running at 70,000 km up to date.

Last week the coolant sign was out and indicate water level low and i had add in about 1 liter in.

After ,i send for checking and according to the mach. said there's no leaking sign on the pipe and advice my to drive for few more day to monitor.

I aslo check and note on my carage n wheter any water laeking sign but end up No.

Today , i open up the coolant tank any discover the water is low again and there's no leaking sign on the floor.

Helppppppppppppp All seifu ,Any advice ..............

:eek: :stupid: :eek:

ermm......can we look at a picture of the car in question? The E90 is a 2006 model, recently facelifted last year.

....clean up the entire area including expansion tank, caps, hoses and radiator and look for areas where there are cracks or splattering

Ennui78;485451 said:
ermm......can we look at a picture of the car in question? The E90 is a 2006 model, recently facelifted last year.

Sory ....sory ....Seifu ......Is 2005 CBU Model ...... E 90

perhaps like ennui mentioned, there's a small small crack somewhere and maybe the water vaporized through the crack when hot...maybe you should get a second opinion from another mechanic...

Take the car to a mechanic and perform a 'pressure test' on the expansion tank. You may notice bubbling at a crack, or a leak in any of the hoses. That's all I can advise for now, really.

Dicky,

This happened to me and bmtroubleyou. When the car overheats the expansion tank will automatically releases the coolant through the cap of the expansion tank. Therefore, after you have let the car cool down and open the cap, you noticed that the coolant is low or during driving the warning indicator appears.

According to Auto Bavaria. The car overheat is caused by water pump failure or termostate jammed. They cannot be certain so they will change both.

Perhaps you can ask your mech to check both of it. Hope this will help a bit.

Cheers

Top Bottom