E90 Navigation System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
No way Kota Kemuning is in Klang!

"Kota Kemuning is a township located in the city of Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia along KESAS Highway between Subang Jaya and Bukit Tinggi townships. It is developed by Hicom-Gamuda Development Sdn Bhd, a joint-venture company between DRB-HICOM and Gamuda Berhad."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kota_Kemuning

Well I know the problem is the map, not hardware. Never had a single problem when I lived in Australia.

So you never had a single problem? Managed to locate the street all the times? You're smooth.

Bro, Wikipedia articles are contributed by anyone who wants to contribute, and are not necessarily correct or accurate. Here, developers have a penchant for associating their projects with places that they think are more appealing or upmarket, and buyers aren't about to complain if the authorities don't make any noise. It's called Malaysia Boleh... :) Hence a lot of people put Kuala Lumpur at the end of their Taman Melawati, Bukit Antarabangsa and Taman Cuepacs addresses when they should be Hulu Klang, Gombak; Ampang, Hulu Langat and Cheras, Hulu Langat respectively.

Look at these official listings:
Item 40 in http://www.cidb.gov.my/directory/local_contractor_details.php?cont_id=30172
Item 25 in http://dolemon.com/wct/includes/civil.htm

Knowing the shortcomings of addresses in this country, I guess I've learnt the art of using the GPS platform I have in hand. I've even found obscure roads in rural Kedah, Penang and Felda Pahang without any problem using my 2008 BMW NavPro. :wink:

Schwepps;589122 said:

I realize that wikipedia isn't always accurate for stuff like the above but the listings that you give are ancient, some as old as 1997. This is from MBSA's page from 2009 showing kawasan pentadbiran

http://www.mbsa.gov.my/kawasan_pentadbiran;jsessionid=33813AE6EF280F9FC44B5099783B568A

and section 31 and 33 are Kota Kemuning which is under Shah Alam. :D

Don't care about JUPEM maps, normal people don't touch this.

Amazed at how some people would go so far to suggest that I'm not using it right.

Just want it improved so that it makes sense for average consumers, not only to those gifted ones who have never encountered any difficulties.

I love my BMW but I'm not obsessed with everything that comes with it.

gameover;589218 said:
I realize that wikipedia isn't always accurate for stuff like the above but the listings that you give are ancient, some as old as 1997. This is from MBSA's page from 2009 showing kawasan pentadbiran

http://www.mbsa.gov.my/kawasan_pentadbiran;jsessionid=33813AE6EF280F9FC44B5099783B568A

and section 31 and 33 are Kota Kemuning which is under Shah Alam. :D

The late nineties were when the initial civil packages for Kota Kemuning development were first awarded. The land has not shifted since the demarcations were made a century ago. :D

Shah Alam is an administrative area and not a mukim or daerah. It spans several mukims in fact, including Klang.

NCH;589249 said:
Don't care about JUPEM maps, normal people don't touch this.

Amazed at how some people would go so far to suggest that I'm not using it right.

Just want it improved so that it makes sense for average consumers, not only to those gifted ones who have never encountered any difficulties.

I love my BMW but I'm not obsessed with everything that comes with it.

Sure bro, sorry if you feel offended. Just trying to help you use what you have in the best way possible.

the bmw nav is not perfect.. but like schwepps is saying, we should learn to make it work for us. i have learned to live with it and i think its acceptable. haven't failed me when i needed it the most!!

I got my AB E90 6 months ago. The idrive map doesn't have Pavillion. Shocking. Previously the SA from AB Segambut told me the DVD update cost RM 800.00
Quite pricey. I rely on Google Maps too. If any members got "jalan" to update, count me in.

how about the portable navigation (BMW-Garmin), is it up to date? Need to have those fit in my 320i

Got so fed up with sat nav due to many reasons and i agree so much with nch.
1- Address is hard to key ie no flexibility
2- Unable to locate actual map keyworda.
3- Cannot differentiate between overhead roads vs underneath roads.
4- Not uptodate
5- Expensive to update vs garmin or papago
6- No comm from BMW on this perennial issue ie no responsibility on prod they sold.

I think tbe satnav is crappy. I currently use ipad which many time superior than bmw satnav. Pathetic.

So we can take it that you don't need the contact for the cheap update then? :lollypop:

mesa-BokEh;590249 said:
how about the portable navigation (BMW-Garmin), is it up to date? Need to have those fit in my 320i

The portable navigation is using the official 2009 map from Garmin which isn't bad but you can easily update yourself using the latest and greatest from malsingmaps or malfreemaps. I have one and love it.

What update? The latest 2010 version dont even have DUKE in it. If it dont have that hway, be rest assured it wont hv hways n roads n bldgs n place of interest from the date DUKE was built. Nothing against u schweppes but i think bmw is crap for selling a 250k+ car with inferior satnav compared to $300 garmin. Even the phone cradle is useless...at least bmw shd hv extract edthat device n replace wt something else. U dont find this weakness in audi or merc.

Tat aside i bought my beemer for driving pleasure...but weak add ons fuels me up.

Well if your 2010 version doesn't have DUKE, then that's a real rip-off. :45: I'm waiting for the 2011 update before getting the lanun version, so I rip them off back for you!

there will be a 2011 version coming out in the Q1 2011. So better wait for the new version to be out. The update dont use DVD anymore. Is an activation code send back to Germany so that we cant duplicate to other cars.

It has already been mentioned in this thread; updates come in 2 versions: For pre-LCI with DVD drive, it's a straightforward DVD. For LCI with HDD drive, it's a different DVD and the dealer will OBTAIN the upload activation code from BMW. Both have been bootlegged and the activation code has been cracked before.

I'll give it a try it it doesn't cost much to update to 2011 map. The system is crap but not completely useless. So how to obtain a bootlegged copy?

Top Bottom