Got problem on highway

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i asked the service guy at AB on the oil sludge thing... he don't have specific answers but generally he do notice low mileage cars are more prone to the oil sludge thingy(desbimmer, take note!!! :)). anyway, i'm sticking to 10k service intervals, even the service adviser also recommend to service the car @ 10k.

Bro Alim, sorry to hear about your predicament. My sister also owns an E60, so far no problem with engine but few months back had the GB replaced. Myself driving E90 320i for about a year now and has spent almost 20k to fix many problems (starter motor, radiator, engine leak, power window, central lock, etc2...) and still a lot more need to be done. Really can't trust the recommended service intervals and decided to do oil change every 5k.

i know..but i just bought that car about 2days only..luckily still got warranty..always change engine oil every 5k...hehe..tq bro..

alim;668547 said:
i know..but i just bought that car about 2days only..luckily still got warranty..always change engine oil every 5k...hehe..tq bro..

Mine has the symptom as it is caused minyak tak cukup. after I add in 1 litre of oil than everything was ok. As told by my foreman BMW cars usually will blink out the indicator stated oil low level when it's near to the date where u need service. Better service ur car by yourself as many used car dealer will not service it for u. But luckily ur car still under warranty so ask them to repair back for u. By the way how much u bought ur 2008 car?

alim;668988 said:
I buy it for 235k with plat number phv17 and got 4 new tyre..

RM235K OTR with new tyres is really a good buy for a 2008 car :) Is it standard or M-Sports btw? I guess the only sad part is the engine issue you are having but I believe it has now been resolved anyway.

Hi Alim, do let us know any problem of your engine after the cleaning. it would be a great job if they can clean it so well!

1.yes I'm from penang,balik pulau..but now stay in sungai petani,kedah..
2.How to know if the engine clean very well?for now its look like ok and don't have any problem.
3.Mine is 525 msport Local..and want to know if this car have cut off like japan car??

Tq

alim;669584 said:
2.How to know if the engine clean very well?for now its look like ok and don't have any problem.
3.Mine is 525 msport Local..and want to know if this car have cut off like japan car??

Tq

i think if u can drive for 10k km without problem and after 2 oil changes everything is fine for the engine, it is a good job!

Oo like that...ok will inform u all after 2 times service...now just drive 1k only..waiting to 10k need more time :)

alim;669584 said:

Tq

Now your car really worth it because all internal of engine clean up. Did u manage to find out how much the workshop charge for this kind of job? What parts was replaced? Or just cleaning?

The magnesium bolt fastening the header to the engine block is for single use only, once open, need to replace with new bolt because the old bolt will be stretched.

If piston rings are replaced, u need to run in the engine. And all BMW has a speed cut at 250kph.. N52B25 max speed should be 242kph, so won't trigger speed cut.. :1:

The workshop will charge about 10k - 12k..the parts in the resit and will see it next week..but they also change the piston ring..

alim;669997 said:
The workshop will charge about 10k - 12k..the parts in the resit and will see it next week..but they also change the piston ring..

.. then brader, please obey the break-in procedure.. do not rev over 4k RPM.. or was it 3k? for 2,000 km. heh! Lucky u! :wink:

Bro..is it ok when I slow down the car at trafic light heard something like bell "kling kling" + something like brake disc sound??and today for the 1st time appear symbol yellow steering and it mention unactive steering and the car stop the engine..help me guys..hhehehe tq.. :) l

alim;670670 said:
Bro..is it ok when I slow down the car at trafic light heard something like bell "kling kling" + something like brake disc sound??and today for the 1st time appear symbol yellow steering and it mention unactive steering and the car stop the engine..help me guys..hhehehe tq.. :) l

problems start surfacing...

Top Bottom