Got problem on highway

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
aoch88;666157 said:
That's a good idea but does AB honor warranty even if there is a change of ownership for the car? How does it work? Another thing is we are not even sure if it's indeed oil sludge for now? :)

Bro,

Change of ownership does not affect the warranty. If Alim can prove that the car has been serviced by on AB and strictly followed the service internal, he should try to nego for goodwill warranty or whatever discount on the repair costs as suggested by Astroboy. My previous ride with Honda they did entertained my request even after the warranty period so I guess AB should act likewise.

Member 33;666163 said:
Bro,

Change of ownership does not affect the warranty. If Alim can prove that the car has been serviced by on AB and strictly followed the service internal, he should try to nego for goodwill warranty or whatever discount on the repair costs as suggested by Astroboy. My previous ride with Honda they did entertained my request even after the warranty period so I guess AB should act likewise.

Thanks boss for the great piece of information. I always wonder whether they will honor warranty if ownership is changed but since you've experienced it before, I'm glad it is still valid :)

so getting back to the topic, alim where do you live? if you like a 2nd opinion and if you are in pj - my mech I go to is pretty ok in assisting a bimmer in trouble :)

desbimmer;666189 said:
so getting back to the topic, alim where do you live? if you like a 2nd opinion and if you are in pj - my mech I go to is pretty ok in assisting a bimmer in trouble :)

yehh alim ...get your car checked for once ...at least you can sleep in peace rather than side of the roads waiting for the tow trucker to come by ...:)

change the engine oil regularly ...keep it somewhere around 5K Km and it would take you a great distance ...

sorry all my fren..time to buka puasa...now i need to go to the mosque to pray...by the way im from sungai petani ,kedah..and buy from penang...i will reply after i come back..anything can discuss in here..thank you for helping me..and i ask the mech to take pic..will show u all soon.. :)

and also..for the engine oil i will change when it comes to 5k - 7k because my rx8 i will change if reach 3k-4k....really care my engine.. :)

alim;666210 said:
and also..for the engine oil i will change when it comes to 5k - 7k because my rx8 i will change if reach 3k-4k....really care my engine.. :)

i change mine every 45 days (even if it's not driven at all ) and so far i did not encounter any sludge, but mine is an old car lorr...wow RX8 ...post some pictures of it larrr and also your 5er ...

Eh bro. Not everyone like you who owns a kilang minyak man. Every 45 days? I tot you were kidding man...I cannot do that la. Much too expensive an exercise for me...

alim;666209 said:
sorry all my fren..time to buka puasa...now i need to go to the mosque to pray...by the way im from sungai petani ,kedah..and buy from penang...i will reply after i come back..anything can discuss in here..thank you for helping me..and i ask the mech to take pic..will show u all soon.. :)

Calling Astronyu, another mate from your home town.. :D

Lawa sungguh RX-8 ni :p Btw, how's the performance compared to your new 5 series?

Hahahahha... Tq.. performance not sure bro..because my 5 series only used 2 days hahahahaha...but i think lor rx8 got more torque because it is performance car..if compare to M5 surely my rx8 kena tapauuuuuu hahahahaha

alim;666377 said:
Hahahahha... Tq.. performance not sure bro..because my 5 series only used 2 days hahahahaha...but i think lor rx8 got more torque because it is performance car..if compare to M5 surely my rx8 kena tapauuuuuu hahahahaha

M5 in return kena tapao by R35 perhaps? Haha. Actually you're right that RX8 is a performance car but I think E60's power also not bad. Yours is 525i or 530i? Anyway would be good to hear some feedbacks from you comparing both cars soon :) Your car is fixed/done?

hehe..yes E60 also ok..mine is bmw 525 msport new facelift... :) i will story after i experience to drive my E60..haha...now take time to fixed

this is my engine pic...look blur..the mech try to send to my mail..they will take pic before / after service...

alim;666412 said:
this is my engine pic...look blur..the mech try to send to my mail..they will take pic before / after service...

this was the same condition reported sometime back of an e60 owner somewhere around this forum ....the engine is GONE IMHO ...

alim...now its time to go to any authorised dealer and make your point...fight on low mileage and car fully serviced in authorised dealer...ask them how on earth this could happen and ask for solution...i think first solution they would do as part of the routine is engine flush but on that condition, makes no sense...it is too labour intensive and time consuming to clean every inch of the engine so engine change is unavoidable for long term solutions...

good luck...

t2ribena;666420 said:
alim...now its time to go to any authorised dealer and make your point...fight on low mileage and car fully serviced in authorised dealer...ask them how on earth this could happen and ask for solution...i think first solution they would do as part of the routine is engine flush but on that condition, makes no sense...it is too labour intensive and time consuming to clean every inch of the engine so engine change is unavoidable for long term solutions...

good luck...

ha ha ha time for a 3.0 engine... seems to happen as the 20K interval is not the right condition for our hot climate country ....therefore better service you e60 every 60 days lorrr ...des you're hearing this ahh

e60 - 60 days service larr
E36 -- about 45 days larrr

Top Bottom