Good workshop...bad workshop

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Can someone Recommend me Some good workshops at a reasonable price? For:

1. BMW

2. Mercedes

3. Jaguar

(All classics)

Try changing mechanic Kaiza. It may be a worthwhile trip instead of you encountering numerous problems everyday. :yahoo:

Guys...we have been harpering on this issue of good versus evil...so any verdict in terms of majority votes?....this has become soo confusing for me lah...LOL...

Originally posted by Kaiza635CSI@Jun 19 2006, 12:06 PM
Name: LKS Workshop (Part of Shell)
Location: Jalan Gelenggang Damansara Heights opposite Menara Manulife(Formerly known as Menara John Hancock)

This Workshop is not so great maybe 10years ago it was. my dad and i send our cars there. He just did a topoverhaul on my car E24 635CSI. he charged me 7K for it. if it was a good job then nevermind. Tepets still noisy, my SI board doesnt work after sending my car in the wiring has gone haywire. If your ever in Damansara heights and in need of service or what not dont send it there.

Everytime he repairs my car something else got a problem!!!

(SOrry i didnt realize its under the 3 Series Model)
Kaiza,

I know the shop you are referring to, and I believe that their prices are cut throat...

My experience with them:

A long time ago (more than 10 years) my proton was over heating and brought it there to check up (it is near where I live), the guy wanted to charge me over RM700 to change the whole radiator/fan etc. Left the place asap and went over to another shop, and it only cost me less than RM150 to change the fan motor.

There used to be another mechanic which was at the other shell near Hock Lee's and he was much better (and cheaper).. Too bad it had to be demolished...

Originally posted by Kaiza635CSI@Jun 19 2006, 12:15 PM
Can someone Recommend me Some good workshops at a reasonable price? For:

1. BMW

2. Mercedes

3. Jaguar

(All classics)
Try HI-Tech Wheels in Sban. I introduced my friend who has 3 classics and he is happy... Another has 2 classic and he is happy too...

Since this is a useful thread, will be good if the moderators pinned it up at the important topic...

just my 2 cents... :eek:k:

GUys...whatever anyone says....Naidu! Da MAN!!!! :D

Aircon Problems?.. Naidu!!!! :D

:yahoo:

German Mechanics (Desa Melawati or should i say gombak)....

Wallawei..... erm my experience..bimmer overheated..sent my E36 325 to this workshop, change all the wear hosses, radiator.. then perform radiator water bleed.. travel back to my hometown, then when reaching my hometwon after 6hrs travelling..overheated again.

With all the driving difficulty due to overheated problem..Able to get good mechanic there in Kota Bharu: Kota Timur Motors (Ong Eh Dut 0129286200 / 097445986) very professional Ah Pek (also drove E30-525). Shop located near istana kota lama / at the back of petronas petrol station. He's doing the checking and found out the overheating caused by unproper water bleeding. Problem solved. Luckily my head gasket not blown out....if not wallwaei.. Damage Free of Charge

So guys think b4 going to this German Mechanics.

Not that diffcult to spot BMW workshops, there are many, esp. in Klang Valley. My observation is that there are some that simply cannot wait to tell you sad stories, something is not right with your ride, good to change this, replace that ... and then there are the few that will just do what you want them to do, that is what would be necessary only. I stay away from the pessimist mechanics. My two-piece. Enjoy ur ride!

Hi,

Anyone who has been to M1 at Kayu Ara would know one of the mechanic called Raymond. He is very good and down to earth guy. He is opening his own shop next week somewhere near Ikea called Raymond Auto. Good to check out.

Just want to share, went to Chu Seng Auto Repair in Penang to fix braking issue (shaking when braking). Skim disc cost RM60 each, labour RM95 plus gov tax 6%.
Seems a little bit more expensive in terms of labour charge as I did this in KL labour charge only RM60. Overall satisfaction, superb.

Astronyu,

You mean to say that after skimming your front disc rotors, you still experienced steering shaking when braking. So that was the reason you decided to skim the rear disc rotor as well. Is the problem now resolved?

Workshop name: B H Benz Auto | Mechanic/Contact: | Location: JB | Phone | Price | Expertise: Mercs & BM

Conclusion - Expensive, in competant and over charge. Very long story.....all related to AFT fluid change...

I have no believed how's the workshop scene in Msia is like but I do help the believed of the listing of amazing workshops that people are able to go to using the shoulder to cry on.hehe As for bad workshops.....no should report them lar. amazing workshops ought getting verified with a lowest of three respectable/advance people before to getting inducted or listed. Just my humble suggestion. TGIF !!! :yahoo:

the acumen why i put 4 for the appraisement is because even admitting he is acumenable in a lot of areas, the locations he use for your car is alone aboriginal. this agency you accept to pay a little added for the aboriginal locations. about they ability be some added artisan out there who can accumulation the locations to you with a cheaper allotment because it ability be aboriginal or he is affiliated to the AB owners babe.

bimmer tech
no 48,jalan r/c 13
taman rakan,batu 11
43200 cheras,

016-2373564 - mr yempi

price = service....

if your car get problem after repairing...juz send it back..and they will repairing back untill u r satisfied

to me..
price worth with services....
and the tool in the workshop look like all tool complete....
especially DIS 5...
the owner is friendly..and its make u comfortable to make deal with him...
senang cite...sume leyh kautim maa,,,,

peroad135;695123 said:
bimmer tech
no 48,jalan r/c 13
taman rakan,batu 11
43200 cheras,

016-2373564 - mr yempi

price = service....

if your car get problem after repairing...juz send it back..and they will repairing back untill u r satisfied

to me..
price worth with services....
and the tool in the workshop look like all tool complete....
especially DIS 5...
the owner is friendly..and its make u comfortable to make deal with him...
senang cite...sume leyh kautim maa,,,,

Agreed. Best thing they can fix acond prob as well. Sent my car there since day#1 using it...err, actually b4 they open current wshop (those days at Sg.Serai Ulu langat).

A new BMW workshop opened around my area in Bukit Jalil.... name is EasCos Auto... something like that...

Name wise i remember got a BMW Professional Workshop thingy.... anyone tried it before? Reviews?

Top Bottom