List of Good Workshops

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
anakin said:
Why....Eastcos automobile cannot sort it for you arr?...Thot you said thumb up?...
I don't know why they cannot fix it, they tell me that everything looks ok and nothing loose. Looking for other good garages that can help to sort this.

Rick1 said:
I don't know why they cannot fix it, they tell me that everything looks ok and nothing loose. Looking for other good garages that can help to sort this.
Could it be just your feeling...? sometimes when we feel so deep with our car..we tend to hear noise that others don't... :love:

anakin said:
Could it be just your feeling...? sometimes when we feel so deep with our car..we tend to hear noise that others don't... :love:
I keep asking myself the same question but I am convinced it is there :stoned:

Just like me..constantly hearing clicking sound whenever I turn left or drive thru bump...I think its from the steering rack but mech cannot find any default...swore the sound is there and its annoying. ...

Hi All,

Anyone tried German Motors in PJ? I have done a search through the threads and only find an old comment about someone looking for a Merc garage on a BMW forum :stupid:

If anyone has any experience of German Motors I would very much appreciate it if you could share them.

Thanks

6rr2id.jpg

First Impressions of German Motors is good. The car is booked in next week for some work. I will update with prices and quality.

Hi Rick1....you may ask bro moots about your problem...he is a DIY sifu..and driving E60 too...and a nice guy too. :)

A small update from the car being in the workshop. Still not fixed the noise, I am beginning to think that Antiquer is correct and the car is haunted :( . They say they checked everything and still cannot find the cause of the noise. The car needs to go back in for 2-3 days in order for a full strip/inspection of the front suspension.
Once it has been in I will update on the progress, or not.
With regards to the workshop, having talked to other customers who were there at the time, they were very pleased with the service and would have no hesitation in recommending them.
One nice thing they did was not charge me until they finally fix the noise :)

Final update. Noise finally fixed. It was the wishbones, they say that when there is no weight on the wishbone ball joints there is no movement, only when the load is on the suspension does the wear become apparent and hence the noise. I am happy that the noise was there and it was not my imagination as I was beginning to suspect!!
If you are looking for a good workshop then I would suggest that you give German Motors a visit.

I had 4 wishbones replaced, steering column removed lubricated and installed. RM 2,400. Not the cheapest but to be without the knocking it is worth every cent.

Hi All,

Anyone tried Dtox in PJ for an oil change? The service advertised looks good but I don't know how they do it for the advertised price. The oil alone is more expensive than the advertised price. They say that they use genuine oil from the original manufacturers

EDIT AFTER VISIT

Had my oil changed at Dtox. Never again, the adverts say full synthetic oil and filter change rm268, what they forget to tell you is that this is for 4lts of oil only, anything above that they sell you for rm250 for 4lts. They reported that they inspected the undercarriage, I don't know how that was done as the car didn't leave the ground and nobody went under it. So for an oil and filter change and inspection of various items the total cost was rm 602.10 for an E60 525i. Not cheap but fast.

Dayalan said:
Guys how is M speed UsJ?
Technically, Mspeed is good. AhMeng knows what he's doing, and wld b able to advise. His approach is more towards preventive maintenance, so up front he'll tell u what needs to be changed. Up to u to change or not.

Some say Mspeed is on the pricey side.

Dayalan said:
Guys how is M speed UsJ?
Ah Meng is good if you willing to spend...but not if you have a tight budget, he will always ask you to change to new parts...he is not "boleh pakai lagi maa" type of mechanic....he..he..

Hello guys,

I drive a year 6 E90 323i and am looking for a reliable and reasonably priced mechanic/shop around jalan ipoh/segambut/kepong for routine service and would appreciate for your kind recommendations ? Do you all choose your own oil ie BMW recommended Long Life-01 compliant oil or just let the mechanic decide.

Was recommended a mechanic by the name of Shahrul at Bavarian Motorsports at Taman Mastiara by a bro i met at tayar shop and wonder if anyone has any experience servicing your cars there?

Thank you very much.

Top Bottom