getting a car..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
aiyoyo..

from magicfox to magic carpet... later.. magic ah pek.... or could it be magic c1p3k????????

:blush: :blush:

Originally posted by magicfox@May 29 2006, 10:09 PM
aiyoyo..

from magicfox to magic carpet... later.. magic ah pek.... or could it be magic c1p3k????????

:blush: :blush:
:rofl: :yahoo: :rofl: :yahoo: you say one... not me.... :ph34r:
**cabuts!!**

Maybe Honda Jazz..........Good FC........5 ppl i think no problem........

Price around 80K for 2nd hand........ :)

Originally posted by Lionel_Koh@May 29 2006, 10:13 PM
Maybe Honda Jazz..........Good FC........5 ppl i think no problem........

Price around 80K for 2nd hand........ :)
lionel..

thank you for the suggestion..

:)

ah lian, ace :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

magicfox,

how about naza 206?
for me value buy and suit for chicks

Originally posted by initialM@May 29 2006, 10:22 PM
ah lian, ace :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

magicfox,

how about naza 206?
for me value buy and suit for chicks
initialM..

no offense.. but i've been riding peugeot since i was a kid.. with carburator and gear shift stick is on the steering column....

my dad started his collection from 404, 305, 505, and now 405.. :huh:

I would rather go for a real peugeot than a naza 206..

thanks anyway..

Does it have to be a new car? I think a 1999 E36 318i is pretty cool and solid or if I can spend a bit more like RM90K+, you can go for 2000 or 2001 E46 318i. The cost of maintaining a 318i is pretty cheap and fuel economy ain't that bad. Ultimately, there's so much more car in the BMW compared to the milo tin cans like Waja, Vios, City, Kangoo, Best-2-Lari etc etc

Originally posted by magicfox@May 29 2006, 10:31 PM
no offense.. but i've been riding peugeot since i was a kid.. with carburator and gear shift stick is on the steering column....

my dad started his collection from 404, 305, 505, and now 405.. :huh:

I would rather go for a real peugeot than a naza 206..

thanks anyway..
It exactly a peugeot but naza rebadged.
check out the spec at the dealer quite impressive.

City oso not bad. my bro driving the idsi engine.
it is fuel saver cost running on 7 speed gbox.

I have to agree with JPB, the 318i is a pretty good car. FC's good, maitainamce is great... and its a BMW. I am sure your sisters would love you even more after that... :p I would sugest you stick with a E36 318i. Make sure its a year 96 and above

Just my suggestion
Sith

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@May 29 2006, 10:51 PM
Does it have to be a new car? I think a 1999 E36 318i is pretty cool and solid or if I can spend a bit more like RM90K+, you can go for 2000 or 2001 E46 318i. The cost of maintaining a 318i is pretty cheap and fuel economy ain't that bad. Ultimately, there's so much more car in the BMW compared to the milo tin cans like Waja, Vios, City, Kangoo, Best-2-Lari etc etc
juan..

thanks for the suggestion, but i am actually thinking about non-bmw this time around.. and it doesn't needs to be a new car..

i have enough of bmw now.. started from e36 325, totalled it.. got a e36 328.. sold it.. then got a e30 325.. sold it.. and got a e34 m50 manual.. and sold it now...

my gf is driving a e36 318 now...

and i get bmw parts very cheap as well.. but i would rather go e38/e39 if i stay with bmw again...

thanks for your suggestions though.. :)

I'd put my vote down on a bimmer anyday, but I guess it might be going against conditions 5 and 6. The e36 isn't exactly going to win any awards for fuel efficiency and being close to 10 years, you might have some maintenance work to do. If you don't mind sacrificing these conditions, I'd say go for it as the bimmer shines in other departments.

Now if you aren't keen on a Waja beause it starts to fall apart after a couple of years, I'd say steer clear of local cars. Yes, that includes the Naza 206....sorry la people, bad experience with local brands.

If you don't mind 2nd hand cars, I'll try shoot off a few. How about a 3-5 year old Nissan Sentra? A friend recently bought one for around 60k and the condition was fantastic. A 3-4 year old Honda Civic maybe? How about a Toyota Altis with a few years in? The Honda Jazz isn't bad either....

If it helps, grab a copy of the weekly Motor Trader magazine and flip through, it'll give you a better view on your options.

Originally posted by ratchet@May 29 2006, 11:19 PM
I'd put my vote down on a bimmer anyday, but I guess it might be going against conditions 5 and 6. The e36 isn't exactly going to win any awards for fuel efficiency and being close to 10 years, you might have some maintenance work to do. If you don't mind sacrificing these conditions, I'd say go for it as the bimmer shines in other departments.

Now if you aren't keen on a Waja beause it starts to fall apart after a couple of years, I'd say steer clear of local cars. Yes, that includes the Naza 206....sorry la people, bad experience with local brands.

If you don't mind 2nd hand cars, I'll try shoot off a few. How about a 3-5 year old Nissan Sentra? A friend recently bought one for around 60k and the condition was fantastic. A 3-4 year old Honda Civic maybe? How about a Toyota Altis with a few years in? The Honda Jazz isn't bad either....

If it helps, grab a copy of the weekly Motor Trader magazine and flip through, it'll give you a better view on your options.
thanks again.. those cars that you've suggested are in my list to consider as well...

regards

Toyota Avanza.

Nifty car to run around. Fuel consumption is tolarable.

Power wise is nothing to shout about, but heck it get you where you wanna go.....NO?

Originally posted by jeffreyewe@May 29 2006, 11:44 PM
Toyota Avanza.

Nifty car to run around. Fuel consumption is tolarable.

Power wise is nothing to shout about, but heck it get you where you wanna go.....NO?
yes.. mr. vp.. but i put it in my "soccer-mom-vehicle" category... i try not to steer my image into that category just yet.. i am still single ya know.. i can't put blind in this car as well.... and i still go rj on weekends... :rolleyes:

thanks again.. :p

Originally posted by ah lian@May 29 2006, 09:30 PM
petrol prices are going up.... :dunno:
try this for a 5 seater!

cowcartE21.jpg
QUOTE (ah lian @ May 29 2006, 09:30 PM)
petrol prices are going up....
try this for a 5 seater!

I like this first suggestion by ah lian, lucky you store this picture now hardly can get on the road. :rofl:

value for money and suitable for lady driver with family... HONDA FIT vtec or HONDA JAZZ hatchback! only for town driving or short distant travelling, cause tak ada buntut extra kat belakang, merbahaya!
kalau nak pakai pi outstation, gua recommend lu cari kereta ada buntut extra. sebab sebabnya untuk keselamatan orang belakang, yang biasanya kanak kanak yang akan duduk di belakang. kalaulah dengan tidak diharapkan, sebuah kereta bantai your car dari belakang, ianya dapat memberi perlindungan extra.
ini pendapat saya! even my wife, i let her use wira aeroback and honda inspire for her to drive back to KL with my children. even thought i have a kancil, i only use it for working or to travel outstation, provided im driving alone. kalau gua mati katak seorang takpa, asalkan not my family!

MagicFox, Soccer mom car is typically XC90, toyota Landcruiser, Cayenne, X5, Range Rover.

Avanza is a sensible family mover la. buy Toyota !

Top Bottom