Getting a 3-series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

benjovi

Club Guest
Hi all, I took a test drive for the first time in a BMW one month back in AB Kuching. I tested the 325 sports and the 323, and what an amazing machine they are. Now I hate my Jap vehicle, little regreat for test drove the BMW as I am falling in love with this car and can't stop thinking of buying it. But finally, I realize this German marque really make such a big different in driving excelence. Anyway, the sales lady that entertained me the other day offered me the pre-owned 323 with a price tag of RM250K, but with the current high interest I don't think it worth. So I told her to let me think about it. For the past one month, I've been reading this forum and get to know lots of bargain that I can get where she is not telling me. For example, Pre-Owned and Pre-Reg BMW will come out quite the same price. As well as the special promotion of low interest rate from BMW credit and of course there is this special occasion where BMW will make an exclusive invitation to purchase their year end clearance stock. To all the sifu out there, there are questions I need some answers... 1. What is the different between Pre-Owned and Pre-Reg? 2. Will I get to customise the Pre-Reg such as choosing the colors and leather? 3. Can I make an advance booking with the Pre-Reg? 4. Where can I get the information on the special event for clearance sale in AB? Anyone who have experience out there mind to share?:wink:

just want to say congratulations on being infected with the B1M1W1 virus. as for your questions, kevster is your man :)

Mizhan, the virus infected me real bad bro...whatever tamiflu or bimmerflu antivirul could not cure me. There is only one solution, to have one brand new 3-series in front of my house.

So, I rather sick for the next few months or more, until BMW will come out with special anti virul promotions.

kevster, any information??

benjovi.. the drugs you mentioned are the wrong prescription for what you contracted. you need to immediately apply these medication - E24, E30, E46, E38 or E92, administered orally or as suppository.. ha! ha!

1. What is the different between Pre-Owned and Pre-Reg?
~ Both also u will be 2nd owner. Pre-Owned mileage is higher, no less than 10k km, mostly demo car, trainer car and not qualify for new car interest rate. Unless I'm wrong.. :p

2. Will I get to customise the Pre-Reg such as choosing the colors and leather?
~ You will be presented a list of the pre-reg cars. So from the list, you can see the reg number, interior/exterior color. U only get to pick from the list. U don't get to decide which car to send for pre-reg, "they" decide. If your color choice is not in the list, just too bad lor.

3. Can I make an advance booking with the Pre-Reg?
~ Only the HQ know when to pre-reg their cars and they allocate the vehicle out to the outlets. So those more "influential" salesperson get to "lock in" first (I heard la).. :p

4. Where can I get the information on the special event for clearance sale in AB?
~ Through your salesperson. They should SMS u if any promo coming.

Thanks for the info Astroboy.

I am sure those that are considered as 'Pre-owned and Pre-Reg' are the models which are less demanding. I hope it is not as bad as those cloth selling at 'Outlet mall' though....

Since I am staying in Sarawak, the only authorized dealer here is AB Kuching and I am sure even the most influential salesperson could not get the better 'pre-reg' car for me. I might ended up with the ' left over' :20: For the guys for are staying in the Peninsular, you guys are really lucky, lots of event and really have a great choice of selections to choose.

I heard alot about good thing with Ingress Auto, what if I get to purchase the car from them and do the service in AB,will they give the same 'equally' same service and attitude? This whole 1-Malaysia thingy better be making it influence in car industries too...

Anyone has recommendation any of the SA from Ingress Auto or AB Glenmarie that can help me to get my 'Anti Virul'?? :1:

Thanks!

Benjovi, iBMW is correct. 'Pre-owned' is a politically correct way to say 'Used'. They can be dealer company cars for demo, driver training and exec use, but they can also be trade-in cars which the dealer resells with warranty. 'Pre-registered' is just a tactic used to lower the price of new cars. They would be brand new except you would be the 2nd owner. Both pre-owned and pre-reg cars are not cars in less demand. The only SAs who can pre-book cars are those who already have a customer waiting for it, and these SAs would tend to be the senior ones and have many prospects waiting to sign.

You can buy a new, pre-reg or pre-owned car from any of the authorised dealers in PM or EM, and any of the other dealers will service the car. That's the BMW Malaysia arrangement with all its dealers. ;)

if u can afford it, better to buy pre-reg as it is still 'brand new'. The pre owned cars have been driven before... and you really dont know how they were driven

iBMW: '' you can ask the SA to pre-reg new car for you mostly a year older car''??
Is that mean, a brand new 2009 BMW, will be pre-reg as 2008 model?

Guys, if I pre-book the car now and have it ' Pre-Reg', will this work then? Then again, I am waiting for the promotion when BMW credit will give special interest rates. The current interest rate really killing me.

Firstly, you can't ask an SA to pre-reg a car for you - that's a dealer decision to take a lower margin, usually made when the dealer has to meet their quota or wants to clear a batch. Secondly, they're not necessarily a year older - when there are pre-reg cars available, ask when they were manufactured. Thirdly, BMW Credit only applies to new cars because they are, once again, taking a lower margin by subsidising the interest.

These are all 'sales offer' tactics to move stocks. The best thing to do is to go to AB Kuching and make contact with a senior SA. He/she will look out for a car and deal that suits you. ;)

Noted Schwepps.

Now I felt guilty for needing to let go the nice petite sales advisor that entertaint me the other day. She is still very new in the car business, need not to say in BMW marketing. Not sure how to tell her though.....Blame on me for only go for nice looking lady the other day, as there are 3 SA and I choose her.

You are right Schepps, I need to get a senior SA, experience one especially, then can get more 'Kang Tau'.

By the way, anyone knows about the warranty and BSRI, will it be covered in foreign country? Brunei?

The nearest BMW service centre for me is Brunei as I am staying in Miri, north of Sarawak. Kuching is too far, it is like having to drive from Perlis down to Johor for a scheduled servicing.

benjovi;444546 said:
By the way, anyone knows about the warranty and BSRI, will it be covered in foreign country? Brunei?

The nearest BMW service centre for me is Brunei as I am staying in Miri, north of Sarawak. Kuching is too far, it is like having to drive from Perlis down to Johor for a scheduled servicing.

If the SC in Brunei is owned by BMW Malaysia, then yes. But I doubt Brunei is within BMW Malaysia's jurisdiction.

doesn't new BMW's come with international warranty? i wouldn't know as i only buy rustbuckets..

I will need to follow up on this. I think new BMW cars should come with internatinal warranty.

I would guess even BMW centre in Singapore and Brunei is getting their parts from Johor. As a global car manufacturer I don't see this as a problem. But if the warranty included especially Brunei I would be very much delighted!!

Guys,

For Pre-Reg BMW, they are registered. So is that mean I don't have to pay for the road tax and registration fee?

Since this is pre-reg, a car plate number has not been assigned or I will get a new number when it will under my name?

I was thinking if I get a Pre-Reg BMW in KL, and get it fully registered in Sarawak, then I will have my own state number plates. Definitely that will look better and have a better re-sale value. Somemore, the first few pre-reg BMWs will be definietely made available in KL before it arrives in Sarawak. Like I said before, I woudl ended up with left over. So I might shoose this route.

Benjovi,

Pre-Reg cars are brand new cars that are registered under the local dealer's name. For example auto bavaria.

So the plate number (registeration number) of the vehicle is assigned the day it was registered.

If you buy the pre-reg car, you still have to pay full road tax and insurance.

I am not sure how the dealer do it, but the pre reg car never leaves the showroom, and doesnt have a road tax. Only when they have a confirmed buyer, will they send the car for puspakom inspection and pay the road tax for the new owner.

You can still change your car registration number by exchanging it to a new motorbike. U need to spend some rm2-3k for this on top of the price of the number u intend to buy from jpj.

Pre- reg car need not necessary be a 1 year or older car, some are as new as 3 months old. Like bro swcheppes said, it is most likely a business strategy.

Pre-reg car have mileage clock less than 10km. I saw one at sapura auto white 325 sport pre reg, with mileage of 6km. So that mileage plus another 10-20km for the runner to send the car for puspakom. That should be the mileage of the car when u first get the key.

the BSRI and warranty starts from the day the car was registered, not from the day you gets the key.

You can only choose what ever pre reg car available at the dealer. U can;t customised.

Schwepps;444543 said:
Firstly, you can't ask an SA to pre-reg a car for you - that's a dealer decision to take a lower margin, usually made when the dealer has to meet their quota or wants to clear a batch. Secondly, they're not necessarily a year older - when there are pre-reg cars available, ask when they were manufactured. Thirdly, BMW Credit only applies to new cars because they are, once again, taking a lower margin by subsidising the interest.

These are all 'sales offer' tactics to move stocks. The best thing to do is to go to AB Kuching and make contact with a senior SA. He/she will look out for a car and deal that suits you. ;)

bro,
BMW Credit does not only gives special rates for new car..'pre-reg' cars too are enjoying some interest subsidy.

If want to get a good deal, just talk to the branch manager directly. Just tell him/ her that your fren got a deal in other dealers (so and so ) and ask him whether can match it or not.

ray123;444673 said:
bro,
BMW Credit does not only gives special rates for new car..'pre-reg' cars too are enjoying some interest subsidy.

If want to get a good deal, just talk to the branch manager directly. Just tell him/ her that your fren got a deal in other dealers (so and so ) and ask him whether can match it or not.

That is correct. Pre-Reg car does entitled for the BMW credit special interest rate.

There are some trick though. For example, if a pre reg 325 sport is price rm295k, u have a choice either to go for bmw credit with 1.88% rate or go for local bank loan but get further discount up to 275k.

u choose which one u prefer.

what a pity that i bought my 325i in 2006, otherwise i only need to pay RM275k + free IDrive, free sport kit, free ....

why not go for E60 at low rate too? This E60 is fully equipped with everything you can think of...if only you can fork out a bit more...kekekeke..poison a bit..

Top Bottom