Gearbox problem related to ECU

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

stan001

Club Guest
Hi all,Needed some advise about my prolong gearbox problem.Mine is a E46 2001 325i Japan recon specs.After much troubleshooting and doing a gearbox overhaul, my gearbox error icon still comes up after less than 1 week of driving..Has the following error messages when being plugged into the BMW diagnostic s/w :(049) 31 - Symptom Gear Monitoring plausibility(053) 35 - Gear monitoring 3 ( po733)(065) 41 - Gear monitoring 4 (limp home program )(033) 21 - Turbine speed sensor ( po715 )The mechanic told me that it was caused by the ECU faulty and sometimes not able to send signal to the gearbox and causes the problem to re-occur and can even mess up the gearbox.He also mention that the ECU had water inside it and causes it to be faulty.He also told me that the "design" of the BMW with the electronics & wiring on the left side of the bonnet always causes water to go into the ECU.. I do not think company like BMW can make such a flaw in their design... or he is just pulling my leg...Need some advise on what was being diagnosed.The car was still under warranty as I have not been driving it for more than 1 week max since I received the car due to the gearbox issues reoccuring.Any help or comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated.Thanks

Just Overhaul/Swap

Got same message with my e34 525vanos. My pomen, ex-bavauto, said physical of gb already out. So get ready for overhaul/swap. Me, I chosen swap recond one. Cheaper & less being coned I thought.

Top Bottom