..gear shift knob..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..is it suppose to glow ? Im asking because in my car, it doesnt, and top part of shift knob can relatively easy be turned left-right around vertical axis..I believe it shouldnt do that ??EDIT:It should glow..just found nice tutorial how to remove it and plug illumination back..Here it is..http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77000

Bro Ecc0, I'm also eyeing the ZHP knob. Definitely will jump on it when I find a bargain

And no, the knob shouldn't twist

Hey Ecc0. No part of the gear knob or the entire shifter should turn at all. The manual stick shifter should be tight.

My gear shift knob doesn't illuminate but you've got me curious now.

Thanks for posting the thread on the ZHP gear shift knob install. Cool mod! :top:

mine illuminates when the lights are on.

15751_165124752939_719597939_2708417_1957415_n.jpg

..just ordered this one, from bimmian, illuminated version..cant wait to see how it will look like installed..

ML_060.jpg

Ecco, did you order the whole set, looks good as a complete set on the car, if the accesosrries can fit.

..i have ordered only gear shift knob (beryllium, illuminated), in order to see how whole process goes..after that Ill order set, including microantenna, decals for doors and pedal titanium wrapping...accesories fit on to car as it was listed on their web site, so it should be no problems, and their officer confirmed trough email exchange we have had...

Bro, item B nice if with ///M logo even perfect ! Can i know how much ah ?

ansonsoo;740357 said:
Bro, item B nice if with ///M logo even perfect ! Can i know how much ah ?

..it cost me 104US$ .. actual price is 60US$, but international shipping kick additional 44US$...crazy..

Ecc0;740401 said:
..it cost me 104US$ .. actual price is 60US$, but international shipping kick additional 44US$...crazy..

Wow ! Shipping cost a boom ! What item you order bro ?

..i ordered Beryllium shift knob, with illumination..if all goes well, I wanna order full set..

Ecc0;740977 said:
..i ordered Beryllium shift knob, with illumination..if all goes well, I wanna order full set..

Cool, if you make next order please let me know.

..its just arrived .. looking really good, and quite massive..i like it..it also came entire set of glowing decals for gears (depending on gearbox)..happy to see one i need with M logo..and also, my M badge has arrived..after this, Ill order entire set, including engine oil cap, cover and carbon fibre antenna..already ordered full set of brake discs for all 4 wheels, including brake pads and sensors..yay..

Beryllium gear shift knob (top part glows orange)
004.jpg

Glowing decals for shift knob
003.jpg

M Badge
005.jpg

..aii..before I install it, i wanna test it on 'dry dock' ... I dont want to install whole thing, just to realize that it doesn't glow..need to get some DC 12V power supply for test.. :)

Ecc0;742842 said:
..aii..before I install it, i wanna test it on 'dry dock' ... I dont want to install whole thing, just to realize that it doesn't glow..need to get some DC 12V power supply for test.. :)

Ecc0 Bro, can you compare the height of this knob to the existing one.. Thanks.

I've been told that metal knobs are not recommended for use in the tropics, especially after our rides have been left parked under the hot sun for prolonged periods... another reason is that being metal, it conducts heat better than non metal knobs, thus imagine driving on long drives...

Don't know how true this is or then again it could just be an urban myth...

@aidilj
..bro..its significantly more massive (i like it), compared to same as current one installed (ori)

I've been told that metal knobs are not recommended for use in the tropics, especially after our rides have been left parked under the hot sun for prolonged periods... another reason is that being metal, it conducts heat better than non metal knobs, thus imagine driving on long drives...

Don't know how true this is or then again it could just be an urban myth...

..such concern sounds reasonable to me..to be honest, i didnt think about it at all..i guess, its left to be seen...either way, I need to change current one, as its easy turned around vertical axis, just by 2 fingers (no force required), so it has to go anyway..

Ecc0, I'm just looking for a replacement knob which is shorter than stock for less throw

My knob
DSC03864.jpg

Stock compared to ZHP
shifter10.jpg

Lghtd-ZHP_shift_knob2.jpg

Stock compared to performance
attachment.php

Top Bottom