Gear box or aser problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

QME7555

Club Guest
I just bought my E46 320i last year and have been having problem.My problem is that when driving at 90-120 km/hr, i can hear something behind sound like aser a wierd sound, had changed all 3 pieces of the mounting around the aser. But the funny thing is that after driving anything above 120 kmhr, the sound is gone. Can anyone tell me what is the problem.

Yes that the right word axle. Thanks Zoggee. Have you ever came across or heard of this kind of problem with axle. I went to the BMW workshop in Brunei and one of the mechanic says it's nothing serious. It's just the vibration.

QME7555 said:
Yes that the right word axle. Thanks Zoggee. Have you ever came across or heard of this kind of problem with axle. I went to the BMW workshop in Brunei and one of the mechanic says it's nothing serious. It's just the vibration.

normal.....been having that noise for 4 years now........not got better and not got worse....e46's do naturally have a noisy diff............same....sounds the worst from 80kmh to about 120kmh....then all quiet........

Thanks bmwcar, if that the case, i'll just have to live with that noise then.

at between 80 -120 kmh and at the back right hand side. Zoggee, do you think these problem can be fix. I'm thinking if i can't a solution for this sound, think of getting a E90 or C230 compressor for a change.

sure it is the axle? maybe it is the exhaust...the "bullet" or something might be KO-ed or loose....

Possibilities lies in the things that rotate and the exhaust channel. Recommend you to check on your long shaft couplings, re pack exhaust or perhaps for the worst case still check the axle....n yea your wheel bearings. they tends to create that whinning sound at certain speed and dissapear after exceeding certain speeds.the mech. know how to check the bearing symptom.

regards
manjit

it could be ur...

feul pump...
drive shafts
bushes
wheel bearing
rear diff

I oso dunno...

I had change the axle mounting rubber, both the wheel bearing. I'll get the mechanic to check on the exhaust, feul pump, long shart coupling, rear diff.
Thanks guys, once I get back from China will go straight to that.

QME7555 said:
I had change the axle mounting rubber, both the wheel bearing. I'll get the mechanic to check on the exhaust, feul pump, long shart coupling, rear diff.
Thanks guys, once I get back from China will go straight to that.

off topis, china's chicken nice ah??

I might be wrong tho....

hmmm... if 1 year old car... take to AB ler.... go complaint complaint....sure can kau time... consumer rights mah...... instead cracking head over it

sesat88 said:
hmmm... if 1 year old car... take to AB ler.... go complaint complaint....sure can kau time... consumer rights mah...... instead cracking head over it

if his id is his car plate number..
then, he should be from sarawak..

ada ke AB kat sarawak..?
serius tak tau.. :p

Zoggee said:
off topis, china's chicken nice ah??

he he..
bukan banyak yang dah di-import masuk malaysia ke..? :D

your rite metalica. i'm from sarawak, a small city call miri. that is why i check my car in brunei and very expensive to have a check there. just finding out the problem cost me B$ 65 an hr. chicken in china are mostly white chicken. hehehe

B$65 for troubleshooting compared to changing to another model or brand..... I think I know now why I fail my maths..... ;)

/sesat

Top Bottom