Garmin Nuvi GPS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

guru

Club Guest
came across this Garmin Nuvi GPS...RM1400is this a good price? your feedback appreciated

which model? price range from model to model.

Yes cool gadget to have. Actually saw one in action during one of BMWCM drive.

but make sure that you have the latest map of the place that you want to navigate around. Most of the GPS gadget charge seperately for the map but I think Garmin in Malaysia include this in the package.

i can get the Nuvi 200 for RM1,380 with damn good after sales support. let me know if you are interested and i will PM you the guys contact.

I heard that kenwood is also tie up with garmin. any idea on the cost for that type of setup.

just buy the Garmin nuvi 200 it is good enough for malaysia which costs only RM1100 as the maps are not detail enough to warrant a higher end model. I have a Garmin C550 in Usa which has blue tooth and it mentions the name of the street but here in malaysia the pronounciation of the street sounds very funny so therefore do not need this function so just buy the basic model because the maps of malaysia also does not allow u to search by the house number, only the road name.

jarance;246622 said:
I heard that kenwood is also tie up with garmin. any idea on the cost for that type of setup.
Kenwood require deep pockets.... RM2600 for adaptor to run GPS, plus the Headset about the same price.

Hi all,

Some interest in the Garmin GPS, pretty handy gadget, and moreover higher end models come with bluetooth handfree kit function. If anyone interested, i can help to work out something.

Thanks. Sorry if i hijack the thread.

Regards

lamoo;247616 said:
just buy the Garmin nuvi 200 it is good enough for malaysia which costs only RM1100 as the maps are not detail enough to warrant a higher end model. I have a Garmin C550 in Usa which has blue tooth and it mentions the name of the street but here in malaysia the pronounciation of the street sounds very funny so therefore do not need this function so just buy the basic model because the maps of malaysia also does not allow u to search by the house number, only the road name.

The reason that "address search" function doesnt work, it is due to the use of the free map (mapsingmaps). If you are using the original garmin map, it will work. TTS function(Text to Speech) is really not necessary in Malaysia, due to the weird pronounciation.

If you are looking for better graphics and bigger/wider screen, check out the 200W and 610. The main difference beween the 2xx series and 3xx/6xx series in terms of features is the BT handfree bluetooth kit, which allows you to synchronise your phonebook entries, read/compose SMS messages and large virtual dial pad for dial-out on the Nuvi itself. Other than that, all of them has similar GPS capabilities. From my own testing, the 6xx series can lock/search for satellite at a quicker speed thus improve accuracy.

Cheers. Just my 0.0002cts. :rock:

BMWjb, i am going to buy a 610 tomorrow. The price quoted was 2699.00. Is your offer better?

kennytoo;248764 said:
Here is selling NUVI 610 original set for RM1,990.00

www.sltsb.com

its really worth paying the 2k to get the 610...i have the same unit and very happy with it...used it in singapore recently and was very accurate (using malsing maps) ...it has a bluetooth interface for your mobile phone and use handsfree, dial up on the touch screen, voice activated dialling etc. (works well with nokia)..it has a MP3 player included..can also have voice e books while u drive...the large screen is very useful..the only drawback is the volume level..find it a bit low even on max..highly recommended unit..i got it for RM2000 about a 2 months ago..should be able to get it less than 1.9k now..prices are dropping...good luck

If you are using British English as the voice navigation, change to American English, I found it is louder and clearer.

I actually find the American english voice more rough and rude compared to the British voice which is younger and more soothing heh. I just completed the firmware v3.3 update for the Nuvi 200 series, and an additional language - Thai is now on my unit as well. So far got mandarin, cantonese and lots of funky languages on the unit.

All Garmin GPS included with malsing last free maps, no charge for it, free preloaded for all customer, i saw a post for nuvi 610 over rm2k so i post info here only, not because business.. if you need any gps information can call me this number 012-6126699 Mr. Kenny Too, hear you soon and good luck.

Top Bottom