..fuel price up to 3.1 RM..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tweiboon;639940 said:
The price of this car is about RM60k. if you asking about can they afford RM8k above for battery replacement then i need to ask you back can they afford to pay RM15k for Proton Savvy gearbox replacement ? And now a day alot of kampung folks that you mentioned bought Proton Waja and it already above the price to buy this Tango. And the another funny things is Tango runs faster than Proton Waja !!!!!!!!

Gen set is just for those who stay on the mountain. Or if you really want to drive this car for super long distance over 200 miles then gen set is the tool you need to bring. Or the worst case is you need to charge at home for 3 hours that is all you need to do.

If now we all need to pay RM3 per litre of Ron 95 then you can ask all the Malaysian if now got a 2 seater electric car which open for sell in Malaysia will they buy it ??? The answer already clearly stated !!!!!! Why i am say so ???? 2011 open selling the Toyota Prios and Honda Inside. From the sales figures of both models you already get the answer. The Camry 2.4 hybrid which not in sell in Malaysia but in Thailand. If Camry 2.4 hybrid can sell in Malaysia then you will see more Toyota on the road !!!!

And another fact is we can buy the electric motorbike in Malaysia but can you use it on the road or not ? The answer is cannot and i am sure you know why. Modenas already succeed to build the electric motor which max speed can up to 100km/h but until today still not yet approve to sell to market.

You are not answering the question. You are targetting a different set of demographics, the who could afford a Waja. I am asking about the uncles driving old Corollas. They could nof afford Wajas.

Even the guy who bought the Waja wouldnt buy the Tango. They have 4 kids. Where are you gonna put them? Where's the luggage gonna go? The answer is not clearly steted as you say.

Proton Savvy gearbox can be overhauled, a battery would need to be replaced bro.

The guy who bought the Waja also cannot afford either an Insight, Prius and definitely not the Camry hybrid 2.4.

..i always liked one of these..who knows, it might be a solution very soon.. :)

tandem_bike.gif

Again, it's just not feasible in the short-term to be taking up e-cars.

Lots of decent points raised by Haywire here. The lower-income just cannot afford those cars, and then again, how to charge the cars?

Then, what's next? Electricity theft?

Everyone will want to plug their cars to a 3 point plug then... Should we go the way of squatters and just tap power lines?

There's just so many things to consider here.

haywire;639836 said:
Singapore doesnt control their petrol oil prices. Its based on market price, so there will be price wars between the petrol brands. I have the same experience in the UK, driving around to see which petrol pumps is the cheapest.

In Malaysia, 97 petrol is floated on a monthly average basis. The government calculates the average of fuel price during the last month to get the next month's petrol price. Thats why its been reviewed on a monthly basis since end of last year. All these info has been published in the press if you like to read your papers/paultan.

Noted with thanks. Unfortunately, I dont read local newspapers anymore. Somewhat worth less that what they actually are. Better put the money for my rainy days fund.

stig;639944 said:
Pray, tell me why? Pretty clueless why electric motorbikes are not allowed in Malaysia as you claimed it to be :)

If everyone also using electric cars and motorbikes then less fuel will use and less money the get so now you know why ?

If everyone go for e-cars, they can easily raise the electricity tariffs and import duties of those cars.

Eggie86;639975 said:
If everyone go for e-cars, they can easily raise the electricity tariffs and import duties of those cars.

You have to know those kind of import duties are not available in other country only in Malaysia. Malaysia really BOLEH !!!!!!!

I think there are clearly many more considerations when trying to replace the current combustion engined cars with electric vehicles. The technology and infrastructure is at it's infancy at best, when looking at mass producing electric vehicles.

60,000 ringgit is a lot of money, in other countries where there are no crazy import duties, 60k ringgit can get you a brand new civic, which gives like what, 35 miles to the gallon? Or a diesel Jetta that gets in excess of 50 mpg. So tell me, why would someone wanna slum it out in a 2 seater electric car that can only go 320km at best, before it needs to be out of commission for a few hours to recharge?

We all know why electric cars can't be implemented for the masses, yet. But it is not for the reasons you stated.

A more practical solution is to go for hybrids and diesel. If you are in Europe, you will notice more than 50% of the vehicles there are running on diesel engines. I am afraid, sooner or later petrol engines will be a thing in the past. Given that natural resources are finite and diminishing, let's all hope the MRT project will take off and our public transport will be more efficient in the time to come.

2wenty6;639999 said:
I think there are clearly many more considerations when trying to replace the current combustion engined cars with electric vehicles. The technology and infrastructure is at it's infancy at best, when looking at mass producing electric vehicles.

60,000 ringgit is a lot of money, in other countries where there are no crazy import duties, 60k ringgit can get you a brand new civic, which gives like what, 35 miles to the gallon? Or a diesel Jetta that gets in excess of 50 mpg. So tell me, why would someone wanna slum it out in a 2 seater electric car that can only go 320km at best, before it needs to be out of commission for a few hours to recharge?

We all know why electric cars can't be implemented for the masses, yet. But it is not for the reasons you stated.

Accept or not accept the mass electric car at the end you also need to accept. As ALBundy said, is true that sure will have 1 day this world will end of petroleum. And please dont forget global warming is the most problem that we have to concern. If really can replace all the engine cars with electric cars then we really safe the world !!!!!!!!

tweiboon;640010 said:
Accept or not accept the mass electric car at the end you also need to accept. As ALBundy said, is true that sure will have 1 day this world will end of petroleum. And please dont forget global warming is the most problem that we have to concern. If really can replace all the engine cars with electric cars then we really safe the world !!!!!!!!

Bro actually, this thing about carbon emission from auto vehicles is a little hogwash and over exaggerated.

From statistics, only 6% of carbon emission is contributed by auto vehicles but this gets a lot of attention because it is something all of us can relate to, and also contributed as well.

Deforestation contributes 22% of carbon emission, so if we want to slow down global warming, stop cutting down the trees and preserve our forest :)

People buy savvy because its brand new, quite reasonably priced n no hassle in maintenance for first few years..they know when to throw the junks before the cars die on them..this is what i heard in kedai kopi in BP..

The use of e-cars is definitely not feasible in short term i must say..agree that not many can afford e-cars, the facilities infras need upgrading,i tell u, we already crack our heads with 1k 0r 2k repairs for our bimmers, what more if 8k for battery replacement,it is a really huge sum bro..they hike the price, we make our choice..

ermmm other nations have duties for cars too... Singapore and South Africa being one of the highest with Malaysia.

Top Bottom