Fuel consumption e36 318?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
pardypeople;650305 said:
My 328i, RM100 RON95 gives 460KM Mix driving.

Ditto on this. But apparently yesterday was stuck in some massive jam in KL. The fuel indicator reached 3/4 tank and I only clocked about 70km. :banghead:

The car definitely didn't like the traffic. Or it could be because of the vanos. Already bought the replacement seal. But gonna wait till the car enters the workshop to do everything at once.

hi bros, i know this is not the right topics, but i had searched around seems like, no one asking about the fuel consumption on the M43 engine with 18" wheeler.. does anyone knows about it?.. i know that i'll will burden the engine, but, i think e36 deserve a good looking car is it?.:D can someone share with me?.

hows the fuel consumption?
how much does it will effect the engine?.
hows the performance?

azmi318;664941 said:
hi bros, i know this is not the right topics, but i had searched around seems like, no one asking about the fuel consumption on the M43 engine with 18" wheeler.. does anyone knows about it?.. i know that i'll will burden the engine, but, i think e36 deserve a good looking car is it?.:D can someone share with me?.

hows the performance?

its will effect the fuel cosumption

My M43 on 17" type 44,gets me 380km on a rm100 tank full. Plus I got a heavy right foot:rock:

azmi318;664941 said:

hows the performance?

larger diameter heavier tires take more energy to spin and will lower your MPG Imagine a tire on spindle and you have to turn it by hand, now imagine a tire twice as heavy, you would have to put a lot more effort into keeping it spinning at the same speed. It can have a significant effect on mileage both by increased weight and the fact that on a larger diameter tire the weight is farther from the center

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_rim_or_tire_size_change_mileage#ixzz1Xdwip1uc

my 318 (M42is) gets around 230km for RM50 (Ron95) on 70hiway:30fed.
Wheels r 18" ACS Type4

my E36 Year 97 318i with AC2 18' wheel as below

- urban/town drive rm50 aprox - 230 to 250km
- hiway drive rm50 approx 300 to 350km ( but still depend on speeding over 150 to 160 km/h constantly there about 300km only )

my E46 Year 2000 318i with M5 replica 18' wheel ( staggered ) as below

- exactly the same with E36 for urban/town or hiway drive but that was dulu after i go for top overhaul few months past the fuel consumption start my kepala pusing as below

- urban/town drive rm50 aprox - 170 to 200km only
- hiway drive rm50 approx 200 to 250km only ( but still depend on speeding over 150 to 160 km/h constantly there about 200km only )

if anyone have any idea with my E46 fuel consumption problem..mind sharing and big thanks in advance

mine is breathing through BMC drop in air filter element...
n i am seriously thinking of downgrading my rims...looking for 17" now..
anyone?

ezzo369;670951 said:
larger diameter heavier tires take more energy to spin and will lower your MPG Imagine a tire on spindle and you have to turn it by hand, now imagine a tire twice as heavy, you would have to put a lot more effort into keeping it spinning at the same speed. It can have a significant effect on mileage both by increased weight and the fact that on a larger diameter tire the weight is farther from the center

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_rim_or_tire_size_change_mileage#ixzz1Xdwip1uc

installed 18" already bro.. FC no bother.. driving slowly only and maintain the speed, increase stability. :top:
in the beginning want to install 17" but need to change the coil spring but afraid will not able to cross hump so decided to install 18".. hump no bother also anymore..

guys
i changed from ACS Type 4 18" (23kg each tyre) setup to M ori 17" (19kg each tyre) .... The difference in weight is approximately 4kg lighter on each tyre. so altogether, the car loses around 16+kg on the whole.
I have yet to determine if there is any diff in FC... i surely hope it does have an effect on FC... Will update later

now recording 150km for every rm30 (15liter more or less). Guess there is a slight reduce in FC, which is good news to me... Car feels lighter definitely

boyburhan;715775 said:
now recording 150km for every rm30 (15liter more or less). Guess there is a slight reduce in FC, which is good news to me... Car feels lighter definitely
Wats your cruising speed?

ezzo369;715829 said:
Wats your cruising speed?

I am travelling from gombak to Lembah Beringin on weekdays. My cruising speed is around 130 - 150 km/h.
Yeah, 17" ori BMW M rims setup, are definitely making the ride much lighter...

Top Bottom