Front Absorbers

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ACU

Club Guest
My left front absorber is leaking oil.I guess I have to change the front pair.Questions:1. What OEM or original BMW absorbers should I look for? I have read Sachs and Boge here.2. How much does it cost to replace them? I have read here that some change the cover, damper, mounting, link road as well. Is this necessary?3. How long does your front absorbers last? I have read 3-4 years and up to 9 years for some here.4. Does anyone have experience with M1 in Kayu Ara? I spoke to one of the mechanics, many of them there, didn't manage to speak with the supervisor or boss.Thanks!

I might add its a 2009, e90 320i.

Do let me know which question you may answer.

Whats your current milleage?

1. Sach/Boge OEMs for BMW shocks. So getting either one is fine. Just make sure part number is correct and matches your original ones.
2. Per stick should be about RM300-400. Call up any of the BMW stockists to check ie. Bavarian Auto, First Division, Munich Auto etc.
3. Life expectancy of any shocks is highly dependable on your style of driving and the kind of roads you're driving on. However, having said that, average should last you around 4-5 years.
4. M1 Segambut is one of the more reputable BMW workshops. Some of the members here do service their cars there. You may check with jarence & the rest.

ACU;840923 said:
Thanks.

The mileage is currently 52k km.

Sounds like a premature failure to me. Shocks are normally replaced at 70-100k km, but again subjected to driving condition.

Same predicament here. My car has done 89.5k km. Right Rear Absorber leaking.

I need to decide b/w bilstein B4 vs B6. My concern is comfort as most of my driving is in pg town.

B4 costs about RM1.2k wherelse B6 is about double that.

Care to share your experiences.

anxious bro, if you spent most of your time in town B4 will do bro. I wont go for B6 or B8 if my car is a sedan and its main purpose is daily town commute between home and office or for school run, it can be too firm to be luxury sedan.

You will love B6 for high-speed run especially on roads to Genting, Bukit Tinggi or Cameron etcs. Often, after a long tiring day at work, I will make a long detour to DUKE then to Gotong Jaya for a cup of coffee before I go home. Music from my Rockford + DICE and the cold air with the roof down is therapeutic / best anti depressant for me.

Am on B6 with Original Sport Spring (sport setting as per VIN) plus BBS RK2 18" and GY F1 A2 235 45 18 all round.

anaksarawak;841038 said:
Often, after a long tiring day at work, I will make a long detour to DUKE then to Gotong Jaya for a cup of coffee before I go home. .
QUOTE]

thought I saw you driving "topless" the other day at Gotong Jaya with a SYT next to you.

I was quoted RM1.5k for original BMW absorber.

How does this compare to the B4 and OEM Boge? The OEM Boge was quoted RM400 from Bavarian Auto.

ACU;841066 said:
I was quoted RM1.5k for original BMW absorber.

How does this compare to the B4 and OEM Boge? The OEM Boge was quoted RM400 from Bavarian Auto.

OEM BOGE and ORI are quite similar except SACHS Advantage for M Sport setting which is very difficult to source.

B4 in my view offer the best value and some shops gave 6 months warranty.

Mine ove 160k and still working fine beside some degrading issue which is normal for wear and tear

wingzee;840939 said:
Sounds like a premature failure to me. Shocks are normally replaced at 70-100k km, but again subjected to driving condition.

Contact Rattlesnake la ... He's changed his MSport to Ohlins. His car is a mere 2 years old. Why not see if he's got them in the storeroom la.

I just got the OEM shocks from Bavarian Auto.

They told me over the phone its a Boge.

But when I went over, they passed me a pair of Sachs.

I guess I am too newbie at the moment to appreciate good shocks. I do mostly town driving, and non-aggressive driving style.

ACU;841137 said:
I just got the OEM shocks from Bavarian Auto.

They told me over the phone its a Boge.

But when I went over, they passed me a pair of Sachs.

I guess I am too newbie at the moment to appreciate good shocks. I do mostly town driving, and non-aggressive driving style.

Both Boge & Sachs are OEM parts for BMW...:rock:
I'm using Boge with H&R Sport Springs...:smokin:

Suan Huat quoted me last week RM 330/stick for 325i front abs ..thinking of replacing mine next week...same like urs leaking oil, but my mileage is already 180,000 km..second abs change..first one around 90k km

ACU;841208 said:
How much are the H&R Sport Springs and how's the ride?

Bought it second from our friend rm750++...

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

May need to look around for a replacement soon.
Anyone "migrate" from ori m-sport suspension set up to a better aftermarket settings? Better means not so stiff (as ori m sport) and not so soft as non- m sport...

Recommend/share plsssss :smile::smile::smile:

Thanks

Top Bottom