Free Meguiar Detailing Workshop - with discounts on products

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Lee,

Arigato, Thank you for making this happen. It's people like you who make things happen in a club like this. 3 CHEERS!!!!!

Oh, I must also say the lucky draw prizes was a really nice touch. I dunno about you guys but I felt inspired to NXT Tech waxed my car today and used the Meguiars application pad for the first, the one on sale for RM6 each. I must say even the applicator pad was brilliant. It had a fantastic absorbent function which allowed the wax to spread more evenly! Wow!!

A million thanks to Lee for organizing the workshop and Hypercoat for running it. The draw was also a very nice touch.

hehe, the clinic actually inspired me to wash my car!

so yesterday i washed with Meguiars Hyperwash with the 2 bucket method,

dried with the Chamois,

clayed using the Quik Detailer (lucky draw) as lubricant

and the layed the first coating of wax using NXT Tech Wax! my silver really pops now!

Lee36328;280083 said:
Astroboy,

Glad you found the workshop and the products useful. However, a bit saddened by your thinking that I made some commissions. Young man, not everyone is out to make money in everything one does... tsk tsk... :rolleyes:

Hahahaahaaa.. just testing u la.. since I don't recalled reading or hearing anything from u on the above so it kind of fueled the thought.. :D So I just be the bad guy who throw the million dollar question out to fish for some honest answer, which u didn't disappoint me.. ;) and I think the rest would be equally appreciative of it!

Really, not to mention the discount given by Meguiar, even if they charge full retail price, the margin I believe hardly enough to cover their cost for the food, venue, dedicated management and worker's time, goody bags, lucky draw..

I really would feel ashame of myself if I didn't bring back a Meguiar bill that day.

Am now considering organising the same thing for my other club. See what u have done! ;) Poison spread... :eek:

In fact I spent most of the time admiring ur E36 there, nice rim, nice H&R drop, nice camber setting, subtle soft baby blue but I believe the car must ride damn well and confirm can kiss some a** too!!

Bravo for the effort!! Even if u get commission, u deserve 3 claps from me, now you deserve 6 claps from me !!! :41: :41: :41: :41: :41: :41:

Russie;280100 said:
I hope we can get to see the group photo and also the individual photo of us receiving the lucky draw gift (together with the lovely Ms Esther) hehe.

The ones taking photo on the day were:

1) Lee36328
2) Albundy
3) Meguiar's own in-house photographer
4) Climenta's friend (sorry forgot his name)

Done. Photo thread is up, check it out.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16781&page=1

SarJeePekAi;280129 said:
Mr Lee, muchos gracias for organising this enlightening event and apologies for having to leave so early after arriving late....Young man should have his ears cleared from left to right with the pliable yellow rim brush to clear his narrow-mindedness!
Perhaps with your pix you could do a short article that we can feature in our auto magazine.... keen?
Many tanQs to Hypercoat for putting up with us.

Most welcome SarJeePekAi. No issue with time of joining or leaving, as long as you found it useful. Let me know how I can be of any further service.

ALBundy;280136 said:
Lee, excellent job in organising this. Kudos!

Only thing from my side, the Hypercoat sifu forgot to apply sealant after grinding my paint with Diamond Cut (85). Luckily I have the Mequiars' synthetic sealant :) hehehe...

Really? Alamak. Maybe that part was the homework... :laugh::laugh::laugh: Thanks for the use of your car as demo car bro.

danc;280166 said:
Lee,

Arigato, Thank you for making this happen. It's people like you who make things happen in a club like this. 3 CHEERS!!!!!

No problem. We all do what we can to share and spread the magnificent obsession that is our ride.

Juan Powerblow;280252 said:
Oh, I must also say the lucky draw prizes was a really nice touch. I dunno about you guys but I felt inspired to NXT Tech waxed my car today and used the Meguiars application pad for the first, the one on sale for RM6 each. I must say even the applicator pad was brilliant. It had a fantastic absorbent function which allowed the wax to spread more evenly! Wow!!

He he. Poison working already I see. Good, good.... :cool:

rookie;280262 said:
A million thanks to Lee for organizing the workshop and Hypercoat for running it. The draw was also a very nice touch.

Most welcome. Hope you had a good time.

AlexNg;280264 said:

dried with the Chamois,

and the layed the first coating of wax using NXT Tech Wax! my silver really pops now!

I see someone has been paying full attention!

astroboy;280292 said:
Hahahaahaaa.. just testing u la.. since I don't recalled reading or hearing anything from u on the above so it kind of fueled the thought.. :D So I just be the bad guy who throw the million dollar question out to fish for some honest answer, which u didn't disappoint me.. ;) and I think the rest would be equally appreciative of it!

Really, not to mention the discount given by Meguiar, even if they charge full retail price, the margin I believe hardly enough to cover their cost for the food, venue, dedicated management and worker's time, goody bags, lucky draw..

I really would feel ashame of myself if I didn't bring back a Meguiar bill that day.

Am now considering organising the same thing for my other club. See what u have done! ;) Poison spread... :eek:

In fact I spent most of the time admiring ur E36 there, nice rim, nice H&R drop, nice camber setting, subtle soft baby blue but I believe the car must ride damn well and confirm can kiss some a** too!!

Bravo for the effort!! Even if u get commission, u deserve 3 claps from me, now you deserve 6 claps from me !!! :41: :41: :41: :41: :41: :41:

You deserve a clap too... Thanks for participating despite your misgivings.

Juan Powerblow;280252 said:

AlexNg;280264 said:

dried with the Chamois,

Haha.... me too! The moment I arrived home I started to give the leather seats and interior a much-deserved rubbing and cleaning. Spent more than 2 hours!

And then on Sunday afternoon I spent 4 hours washing, claying, polishing and waxing the car! Phew.... exhausting... :eek:

Oh yeah the All Rims Cleaner + rim brush (the long brush that looks like you could clean ur toilet with) is REALLY effective and easy to use! Nearly 80% of the stains on my 21 spokes/rim are gone :D

Just to share.

Exhausted on Saturday workshop, I only start my DIY detailing on Sunday.

Wash with the lucky draw "Soft Gel Wash". Did the "Clay" with their "Quick Detailer", and follow up with the "Clear Wax" (All within the "Smooth Clay" package/box set). Spot on for the applicator pad as well, JPB! Only did the bonnet, roof & boot for my e39. Cos, wife is impressed, obliged to clay & wax her CRV front bonnet. The interior detailing & vacuum of the CRV took up all the time, guess will continue on both cars coming weekend.:love:

For both silver & grey (still don't know whats my e39 color name is), not expecting any improvement in depth and color improvement is spot on. Can only admire the smoothness and protection to the paint.:cool:

Btw, anyone have a copy of their product and price list page can scan and share with me. Need to budget and run through whats available/better alternatives. Already use it for the purchase.:top:

Cheers.

P.S. Anyone mind sharing tips in maintaining the clay & those applicator pads, or is there a thread already started on this?

Chai,

For me, just keep the clay in a sealed plastic bag. I have been able to keep my for 2 years. But if it's too dirty better throw away as you might start scratching the paint. For the pad just wash and dry. I have used about 8 of those pads each for different application, i.e. polish, wax, interior, tires.

Happy DIY everyone!!!

The only reason astroboy think that you made some commission is because i think that is what he does when he do things. There is only one thing you discribe people like Lee he is a car freak man. So to him it is the plesure to do things like this.

Kudos To You Lee.:top::top::top:

redbaron;280496 said:
The only reason astroboy think that you made some commission is because i think that is what he does when he do things. There is only one thing you discribe people like Lee he is a car freak man. So to him it is the plesure to do things like this.

Kudos To You Lee.:top::top::top:

hahahaa...takes one to know one?!:thefinger: :thefinger:

AlexNg;280264 said:

dried with the Chamois,

Hehehe... I missed out the claying bit and regret that cos I feel a bit of roughness using the cigarette BOPP film technique. Where can we get Meguiar's clay anyways cos the hardware shops don't seem to stock 'em adequately...

Can try go find out from a place call Hypercoat, I think they are selling the clay there.. ;)

ALBundy;280601 said:
Think you can get it at Eneos or Ace Hardware minus the discount.

Aiks... the discount is really nice to have lah. Eh, why don't the Club request for this discount for its members?! Can ah?

Juan Powerblow;280605 said:
Aiks... the discount is really nice to have lah. Eh, why don't the Club request for this discount for its members?! Can ah?

I think I overheard the Hypercoat representative telling someone that whenever members show their membership card, they will be entitled to discounts, even though there is no formal arrangement yet.

A nice gesture from Hypercoat :)

ALBundy;280609 said:
I think I overheard the Hypercoat representative telling someone that whenever members show their membership card, they will be entitled to discounts, even though there is no formal arrangement yet.

A nice gesture from Hypercoat :)

Yes, confirmed! I heard that too. Just flash your membership card and u will get discount from them.

Top Bottom