For E30 OBX Racing Sports Helical Limited Slip Differential

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hotfoo36

Club Guest
Any one got any idea about this LSD? How about if we need to fix a 325i LSD into a 320i? Is it possible? Most of the E30 found in Malaysia does not fit with LSD, right? Just a normal open differencial. Please shade some light here. Thanks.

hotfoo36;348321 said:
Can a LSD from a automatic gearbox fix into a manual gearbox?

Can, provided the ratio is good for your set up. LSD is fitted at your rear diff so no issues with auto or manual box.

means if I currently come with manual open 3.91 diff, I replace it with a automatic LSD 3.91 or higher for better pick up, lower for better high speed, right?

u can also swap the LSD carrier to another set of crown and pinion.. the main issue is getting the right set of shims to get the precise clearance.. Did that before with my mechanic... Even changing the bearings requires a reshim after that...

hotfoo36;349113 said:
means if I currently come with manual open 3.91 diff, I replace it with a automatic LSD 3.91 or higher for better pick up, lower for better high speed, right?

Precisely:top:

fabianyee;349115 said:
u can also swap the LSD carrier to another set of crown and pinion.. the main issue is getting the right set of shims to get the precise clearance.. Did that before with my mechanic... Even changing the bearings requires a reshim after that...

You are right mate... LSD transferable with some minor issues

My E30 (320i) right now is using 325i semi LSD.
But almost give away due to high torque of turbo engine.
You can try to fix 325i LSD into yours.
Better ask mechanic first.

Top Bottom