First minor road accident - advise needed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
What is the best way to do if this unfortunate happens? Take the pictures of IC, car roadtax & car picture then go to the Police Station together with other party to lodge a police report? We dont need to call the police to come?

Sorry guys if this sound silly...

RH5;666455 said:
What is the best way to do if this unfortunate happens? Take the pictures of IC, car roadtax & car picture then go to the Police Station together with other party to lodge a police report? We dont need to call the police to come?

Sorry guys if this sound silly...

You don't have to call the police to go unless there's death involved. What you need to do is decide with the other party if he wants to make a police report and claim from insurance or the party at fault to pay/settle without reporting. Please note that the moment you report, the IO will listen to statements from both parties, inspect the condition of the cars and investigate. At the end of the investigation, he will decide who is at fault and the person will have to pay a summon issued by the police.

If either one party reported and the other does not, the police will eventually get him to the station to have his statement recorded. As such, it is best that both parties get a gentleman agreement on how to proceed and if both can go at the same time, it will be even better :)

Thanks for the reply Aoch..! Appreciate that...

Is it necessary to take pictures/videos on the place? pictures of IC, road tax etc..?

Actually it is not required legally but you can take photos of the place and condition of both cars in case dispute arises or for you to better justify the situation when you meet the IO in police station :) No worries and I'm glad to have helped. Last time when I was young I always rempit bike/car so end up reporting police few times, haha. Recently my wife was driving her car and some old Iswara tyre exploded, spin and stopped right in front of her path on the fast lane. She can't brake on time and bang onto it so end up report police again, lol.

RH5;666476 said:
Thanks for the reply Aoch..! Appreciate that...

Is it necessary to take pictures/videos on the place? pictures of IC, road tax etc..?

i would take those necessary items needed rather then waiting for the next cause of action which is to pay a visit to the balai ...for instance if you're being knocked by a drunk driver ... you think he is gonna tag along with you to the balai ?? he will just exercise his right that he's got 24 hours to go to the balai ...and without all those necessary evidence he may just end up accusing you by reversing the statement ...then it's gonna be a galla ding dong ...hence i would say it would be a great help if you've taken some pictures / videos on the place , pictures of Raod tax etc etc ....

my 2 cento as this matter happen to a family friend that had to undergo such ding dongs just over a fallen bumper .... therefore it would always be great if both the parties could solve the matter amicably accordingly ....for instance,some ppl think that they drive BMW and a small bump causing a hairline scratch into their bumper would lead them to create a hellava noise and running in and out to balai thnking that by doing so they would be able to get a spanking new bumper etc etc ...therefore it would be better to slow talk with a calm mind and problems like this can be solved ...

sometimes i just laugh away when i see a car that is being towed after an accident to the "shark yard" just for a fallen bumper ... well there goes the car, time and the agony waiting for a bumper which would take easily 3 months or so..and by the time the car is being repaired for a bumper damage you'll end up finding some of the other parts missing already or likely being replaced or likely being nicked by ppl who prone the shark yard .......

Hi All,

Though late to this thred, but never too late to share info lah...

I have MSIG Insurance for my E90. Was rammed by another car few days back. Made a police report and investigation under process. I called up MSIG to arrange for a runner who could help me get the Keputusan Kase & Salinan repot from Balai Police.

MSIG says Only their panel workshops have runners which means that if i take help from a runner then i have to get my dent repair work done from that panel workshop only. Also MSIG doesnt have any AB authorised panel workshop.

Cant trust any tom dick n harry workshop to do my BMW work lah..

Seems like i myself will have to make few rounds to Balai Police to get the KK & Salinan repot and once done will have to arrange for an Adjuster from MSIG to make an evaluation report.

BTW, Is Ingress Auto the only place that handles body works related to 3rd party claims?

Top Bottom