Enhancing e36 328

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i reckon the most sensible and budget wise would be the bbtb, m50 intake manifold, chip remap amd us m3 s50 or 52 cams.

More or less decided on the m50 manifold... but i have a feeling it will not end there....

I guess it will not fit as is, where to get the modified brackets?

am concerned abt the enlarged intake throwing off the fuel map; will lose low end torque...

but do not want to remap for now, until i am 'done' w mod...

any experience out there to share please? thanks.

Enlarged intake will need a chip with its own maps to take advantage of it. Some even come with bigger injectors, so the duty-cycle would be adjusted accordingly. There is a modest increase in power and in about 2 weeks you would have got used to it. So you may be disappointed.

Go for turbo or supercharger, if you really want the power. But you need to be conservative becuase other parts like your clutch/tranny will break. Then the top-end and long block maybe strained and later things starts to break as well.

(Ask me why my Rotrex supercharger is still sitting in a box after 3 years!!!. Every time I am ready to install some others with turbo or sc had a major issue, scared the heck out of me, so put off , put off, dont sell. Recently, I got a E34 525 touring with manual tranny!. Whoa, things are begining to look better especially its S5D310Z getrag tranny (euro-dogleg?)!.

Lee, I have Superchip in my car. Well, I supposed its pretty good. The mid improves quite a bit and of course I increase the rev limiter, well on an auto there is not much use since you can possibly reach 7000rpm :blink: :beaten: .

I have a spare m50 manifold for sale. Interested? PM me.

That being said I think forget about the little mods, it does help but effectively the hp/$$$ returns is pretty low, basically you pay a lot but get little in return :dunno: :blink: :blink:

I would say, throw in a SC, US M3 cams and a proper ECU remap would be the best mods, and of course a manual tranny conversion as the dessert :nyehehe: :nyehehe:

Rgds

Top Bottom