Enhancing e36 328

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lee36328

Club Guest
Ok, I know, I know.... :beaten: This is really asking for it.... like putting steak before hungry lions.....Am getting bored, and looking for something to do with my ride...It's a '97, e36, 328.Wanna improve the engine (hopefully improve the efficiency and smoothness of the engine as well...)Any ideas??? :dunno: Come-lah! :yes!:

Speedmaster,

Why not give this a go ???

Vortech Supercharger systems for BMW

All Vortech systems listed below comes with a Vortech V2SQ centrifugal Supercharger. These systems are recommended for normal road/light racing and heavy racing use. These supercharger systems are designed with maximum performance in mind.
World famous Vortech ultra efficient impeller design.
Up to 20PSI of boost, for extreme racing engines.
Gear driven, for bullet proof reliability under all conditions.
100% maintenance free.
Helical cut gear profile with SQ technology.
Near silent operation.

All kits are complete "bolt-on" kits, no modifications needs to be done to the sheet metal of the car. Returning the car to stock status is easy. All Vortech supercharger systems come with 2 years warranty.

I think you can get one fitted for less than RM 30K or so. Running it at 7PSI shud give you about 291 BHP ... a wee bit more than the ol 4.4 litre V8 as found on the old 5 and 7s but with a lot more torque. :nyehehe:

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 17 2005, 01:10 AM
I think you can get one fitted for less than RM 30K or so
now now Lee... you really have to ask for it, didn't you?

Cayalah, Van... kau kau punya... :eek:k:

Supercharging is not your cup of tea ??? No worries !!! A certain S engine might just do the trick. Remember to hook it up to its soulmate - the equally amazing rifle-bolt quick 6 speed manual tranny !!!

VaN.

Gheezz!

Yup, I really asked for it....

But thanks, Vanq! Certainly enlightening.....

errmmm,....

any other mod ideas out there? (and perhaps, some which does not require me to sell my house and my golf clubs?)

Aiya, here is an easy one... just change ur car to an M3 (be it E36 or E46). :D

http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-exec/prod.../category_id/43

Its about USD1.2k....

BMW uses the same intake manifold for all M52 engines. The displacement of these engines ranges from 2.0 liter to 3.2 liter. Although the smaller intake ports of the stock unit offer respectable low end torque, the top end performance on the larger displacement engines suffers greatly. This is in reference to any of the engines over 2.5 liter, or engines with performance modifications. The stock manifolds simply do not flow adequate air volume at engine speeds over 4000 R.P.M. Schrick GMBH, well known for their high performance camshafts, has developed an intake system that retains the important low-end torque qualities of the factory system, while increasing the port diameter to improve top end horse-power. Dyno tests on a 328i have shown an increase of 18.8 S.A.E. horsepower between 5600 and 5900 R.P.M. These tests were performed without camshaft or chip modification. The 2-part manifold design permits access to the back side of each intake runner for additional modifications. Legal in California only for racing vehicles.

A cheaper alternative to the Schrick manifold is to fit an M50 intake, but you need an adaptor. I think another US firm was marketing it together with adaptor for USD700 odd...you can't extrudehone or polish the M50 intake though...

Instead of playing with manifolds, go the whole hog...About USD2.6k.

The BMP design multi-throttle intake system is designed for maximum intake flow. This system upgrades the flow capacity of the U.S. M3 to that of its European counterpart. Rather than a single 100mm throttle body bolted to a plastic intake manifold, the BMP design multi-throttle body system features six individual 45 mm throttle plates. One for each cylinder. The manifolds and throttle bodies are high quality aluminum castings. The choice of aluminum versus composite permits further porting and polishing for additional performance gains. These pieces are not transplants from another model car. Over two years in development, this system is specifically designed for the M50 or M52 engines. For ordering please specify exact year, model, and E.C.U. number. Not for vehicles with traction control or cruise control. Not smog legal, for racing purposes only. May never be used on a California highway. Kit includes: High quality aluminum manifold, 45mm throttle bodies, cast aluminum intake plenum, custom intake boot, custom linkage assembly, connecting hoses and clamps. We recommend using the Split Second Air Fuel Ratio Calibrator and Mass Air Conversion. Adjustable fuel mixture or custom programming required.

gheez!

I kena racun kao kao liao...

woo, please pm me ur contact...

need to discuss this in more detail....

Hhhhmmm !!!

The ol Queen song comes to mind ... "Another one bites the dust " .. or in this case - THE BUG !!!

Lee, let me know if you're planning to sell your golf set cheap, cheap !!! :wink:

VaN.

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 17 2005, 02:59 PM
Supercharging is not your cup of tea ??? No worries !!! A certain S engine might just do the trick. Remember to hook it up to its soulmate - the equally amazing rifle-bolt quick 6 speed manual tranny !!!

VaN.
van, sori but dats not an s engine...dat is a turboed M52.....see the filter cumming out on the right????

this is the s

Hmmmm the S engine looks rather familiar. Wonder where i saw it b4 :D

Lee
Dun worry let me know budget & i can come up with nice list. Also better let me know your gains expectations. You got my number right!
If SC from ESS i can get discount from ESS USA.

My advice is 1st upgrade the handling.

Originally posted by mrhartge@Feb 17 2005, 05:09 PM

VaN.

van, sori but dats not an s engine...dat is a turboed M52.....see the filter cumming out on the right????

this is the s
[/quote]

Ya Bro !!! Damn! Nanti aku pi sue itu US site for misrepresentation ! They said that this is a turboed 3.2 litre M3 Evo engine.

Wei, lu ni ! Mau kasi poison orang, kasi la gambo besor sikit ! So small see what ??? :p

get the handling upgraded first... so much so that u'll find that you need more power... if your current handling setup hardly suffice with your stock M52 then no point getting more power...

And for other E36 328i owner ... DROOL !!!

Esp that fella laaa ... U know who u are ... pretend ony ... !

Originally posted by 535i@Feb 17 2005, 05:32 PM
And for other E36 328i owner ... DROOL !!!

Esp that fella laaa ... U know who u are ... pretend ony ... !
Lee, Lee, where art thou... :wink:

Top Bottom