Engine Warning Light Flashing

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

TheEdge

Club Guest
Hi guys.. Need some help and advice from all you experienced 'sifu's' out there..My Engine Warning Light has been flashing ever since I floored the throttle in a fit of false machismo last night and I'm having trouble sleeping ever since. :sleep:It goes off when the engine is idling but flashes again when it's on the move. I suspect the car is misfiring as the engine vibrates unusually at the traffic lights. After a whole night of googling the problem, the only cheapest solution I can think of is to change the spark plugs.I hope... No.. I PRAY that it is not more than a simple solution of changing the spark plugs..Anyone here has experienced the same problems? Can you guys advise me on this one?Thanks in advance..

based on my experience, it can be MAF sensor or ignition coils or 02 sensors.

cheapest solution is clean the maf with its special cleaner.

what car u drive? to be more convinced i think it's better to get your car diagnosed.

Thanks for the prompt reply huskar3399..

I've sent my car to Optimum, Kayu Ara and they diagnosed it as a misfiring cylinder.. Changed the Ignition Coil at RM196 and thankfully the problem has been solved..

Will post the receipt and the address as soon as I have time.. It seems it's a common problem..

BTW, I drive an E53 4.6is..

Top Bottom