E92 323i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wirelessjunkie

Club Guest
Any E92 owners here? I noticed that the engine pushes 190+ BHP and 230NM of torque. Given that there is no test unit available, I really wonder if it feels as flat as it's torque curve? We like the car displayed at AB except the equipment level looks a tad naked. Seems like good value at RM30k premium over the E90 325i Sports.

wirelessjunkie;195016 said:
Seems like good value at RM30k premium over the E90 325i Sports.

You'll sacrifice so much to get much less :eek:

I'd stick with the 325i Sports and spend the 30k on coilovers, splitters, blacklines and wheels.

But you're right though, I saw the specs, its pretty lean. Actually at about 100k difference the step up to 335i is (almost) good value with its turbo engine and comprehensive equipment (including sports suspension).

I agree that the specs looks kind of sad for the e92 323i i saw at glenmarie. Agree with KLDC to go for the 325i sports. 335i going for 468k right i think this car has so much potential to be a bmw cult car think about the power modification potential for the twin turbo yum!

My 2 sen...better get the 325i as it is fully kitted and you get 218bhp as well.

The E92 is definitely the one for you JPB...it's important to get more of what you want in life :)

Schwepps;196090 said:
The E92 is definitely the one for you JPB...it's important to get more of what you want in life :)

The E92 323i is truly compelling with great aesthetics and the white leather in AB showcars is a real turn-on. I'm willing to forgo the less specs. Besides, its distinctiveness on Malaysian roads does make the E92 look like it's worth more. It makes a lot of sense for a city dweller, party animal type. However, I'm still enticed by the extra 28 bhp in the 325i Sports Package! If I were to get the E92, I would still opt for M-Tech suspension and 18" wheels making the E92 an even costlier proposition i.e. RM50K more? Perhaps the 335i will beckon someday, while I still have lead on my pencil for such thrills. Judging by the way wirelessjunkie still racun here and there, I think can lah.

wirelessjunkie;196113 said:
The E46 M3 looks enticing falling snugly within the same price range. Life's full of temptations

Nah... it's still an E46 and I'm a bit bored of the looks. The E90 M3 out this year wor...!

Drove a new friend's E36 M3 the other day and it was...whoa! The E46 M3 must be great too. But the E90 is still a rarity on the roads, so the E92 would be soooo honking. For a today party animal like JPB, definitely E92! :p

Juan Powerblow;196115 said:
Nah... it's still an E46 and I'm a bit bored of the looks. The E90 M3 out this year wor...!

The E92 M3 will be in the next few months...deliveries in Europe will start in the 3rd quarter. This car is going to be awesome!

There is some speculation the M3 E90 will adopt E92-esque elements for the front clip.

wirelessjunkie;196135 said:
New M3 = RM650k Min
E46M3 = RM320k avg

Still not a fair comparison. One is brand new and one is used (and possibly abused)

i'd rather go for e46 m3 + turbocharger = 500-600whp
E46 M3 (rm 320k) + Turbo (rm 50-80k) > E92 M3 :)

Top Bottom