e90 shark fin antenna

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dikae

Club Guest
hi all,I'm looking for a shark fin antenna for e90, can anyone recommend where to get? I tried Stuttgart at taman mayang, called them on 1st july but still waiting for stock to arrive. I don't mind dummy or original (but i don't wanna drill any holes, was thinking of glue and paste with 3M thus not sure whether original is a good idea or not), budget not an issue - just want a ready stock, and looks exactly like the real 3 series shark fin (found some at Sunway but the design is pretty much for 5 series), please recommend.. thanks! :burnout:

Bought mine from Calvin sometime back.
210 bucks if I recall correctly. Original BMW dummy shark fin
Please note, The original placement is about a hand breadth away from the rubber seal of top windscreen.
My painter sticked it to the edge, Will need to get it re-fixed at " Original" site when I am back in KL.

Other than using for satellites communications, does the fin play any role in difusing the air flow over the roof and divert the flow to both sides rather than allowing the air to create drag after passing our boot lid? It works on the EVOs..

Please monitor your fuel consumption after installation.. it might improve.. and your top speed might improve too.. do share with us your finding. If can improve FC and top speed, I want to add too.. :4:

FC already out of questions! been stepping hard on the pedal after the sprint booster

ck318ci;761643 said:
Bought mine from Calvin sometime back.
210 bucks if I recall correctly. Original BMW dummy shark fin
Please note, The original placement is about a hand breadth away from the rubber seal of top windscreen.
My painter sticked it to the edge, Will need to get it re-fixed at " Original" site when I am back in KL.

hi ck, thanks a lot for reminding :)... yes actually i'll get it paint from my personal workshop, then bring it back to him to stick using 3M tape to exactly like the LCIs out there..just to be safe, i've attached a picture below.. let me know if it should be sticked like this:-

View attachment 25825

astroboy;761656 said:
Other than using for satellites communications, does the fin play any role in difusing the air flow over the roof and divert the flow to both sides rather than allowing the air to create drag after passing our boot lid? It works on the EVOs..

Please monitor your fuel consumption after installation.. it might improve.. and your top speed might improve too.. do share with us your finding. If can improve FC and top speed, I want to add too.. :4:

Hi astroboy... I've never heard of a shark fin especially a dummy one will help in fuel consumption... i put it on simply for the look :p especially its a dummy one, i never had any thoughts that it'll help in anything else besides the look :)....oh yah.. and the top speed improvements sounds interesting although im not sure if its even happening... can anyone else comment regarding this? thanks ya..

astroboy;761656 said:

If wanna improve FC keep your E90 in garage and drive avanza hehehe

initialM;764285 said:
If wanna improve FC keep your E90 in garage and drive avanza hehehe

No wor.. My 1.3 auto Avanza FC more worst because lack power, so most of the time full throttle and frequent flick of Off O/D switch, even pull down to D2.. :joyman:

Actually .. my 325 from 2005, the radio reception is not that good. I was actually thinking if I can enhance that by putting in a REAL antenna. Any idea where to find or how to get my Radio reception better?

sillycarx;764363 said:
Actually .. my 325 from 2005, the radio reception is not that good. I was actually thinking if I can enhance that by putting in a REAL antenna. Any idea where to find or how to get my Radio reception better?

Our radio antenna is embedded inside the rear window. Did you remove your rear window tinting before? Which can damage the antenna. Also there's a booster as I know since my E36 days, inside the left rear C-pillar. E90 or E46 dunno got or not.

BMW antenna is one of the best I have experienced because of the booster.

Top Bottom