E90 gear box oil change

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nathan

Club Guest
Hi Guys, i Drive a 2007 E90 325 m sprot.....millage is abt 55k now. Was at the service centre (sapura ) the other day for routine service and the SA verbally mentioned to me that a gear box oil change is recommneded at 60k. Wanted to know if any of you guys have done the change or any issues to llok out for. Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.

yeah actually i was wandering too if this should be covered under BSRI, some manufacturer have this change @ 40k service interval

BMW uses LifeTime transmission fluid.. supposedly defined as 160k km. After which, the entire gearbox I think can scrape lio.. :D

Dunno how much the SC charge for ATF job?! I am planning to do mine at 60k km oso, and get it done at SC if possible. Coz nobody know what ATF BMW uses.

my mechanic survey my E90 320 that day and told me the car fitted with a 6 speed GM gearbox. Oil change interval at 40k he says.

hi David,

thanks for your reply on the cost.....did you happen to do it at the authorised dealer too......if its ok can i know which one is it and at what millage did you do it.

thanks in advance...

hi all,according to SA at quill auto in puchong the atf oil will cost around rm125 for 1L and for E90 it needs around 7L and if i'm not mistaken la... recommended to change at 60k km.. the only thing i forgot to ask is whether the price coated inclusive the labour charge...

nathan;490604 said:
hi David,

thanks for your reply on the cost.....did you happen to do it at the authorised dealer too......if its ok can i know which one is it and at what millage did you do it.

thanks in advance...

Can get it done at Ingress Auto.

sunnypuan;490600 said:
my mechanic survey my E90 320 that day and told me the car fitted with a 6 speed GM gearbox. Oil change interval at 40k he says.

I thot E90 is running ZF 6HP19 transmission box?!

astroboy;490620 said:
I thot E90 is running ZF 6HP19 transmission box?!

the mechanic jack up my car the other day and found out it's a GM gearbox...:top:

Schwepps;490641 said:
Is it confirmed that this is not a BSRI item?

Its supposed to be LifeTime ATF fluid, so BSRI do what? LifeTime means no need to replace ma.. :D

Hi Guys,

thanks forthe feedback.....tot of doing it at quill since i might be sending the car there for some work.

Nop its not covered under BSRI. How i wish it was, ha ha ha

Wanted to do it at sapura but lately notice service level dropping

my car is due in march. by the time, the mileage is probably 48k. can i ask them to change the gear box oil instead of waiting till 60k?

Ab, can u also give me a check list to what to "ask" as my car 'expires' in march....better be kiasu n get everything done up..

Rach, I asked for the following in my last service at IA at 48K KM:

1. Change wiper blades
2. Update the OBC software to the latest
3. To check on my rattling sound near driver's air-con side (later they found a 20 sen coin)

The rest of it are standard, i.e oil filter etc.

Schwepps may have some more inputs....

racheltoh;492103 said:
my car is due in march. by the time, the mileage is probably 48k. can i ask them to change the gear box oil instead of waiting till 60k?

Ab, can u also give me a check list to what to "ask" as my car 'expires' in march....better be kiasu n get everything done up..

Warranty or BSRI?

Warranty, u can't do much. If oil leak, then change, no leak, no peel, can't do much. Unless u can extend it, the under table method... (talk offline). Your peeling steering cover can claim warranty. All peeling of upholstery can claim.. I had a friend that claim the entire central console because of ****, and 4 set of suspension because of ****. Promise my friend cannot tell.. :p buy my Teh Tarik in Official TT, I tell.. :wink:

BSRI, refer to: http://www.bmw.com.my/com/en/general/bmwowners/after_sales/bmw_serviceinclusive.html

The item listed there are:
- Change of engine oil (not including top-ups).
- Service / replacement of air filters, microfilters, spark plugs, brake fluid.
- Brake pads, front and rear.
- Brake disc, front and rear.
- Clutch (worn only)
- Windscreen wiper blades as part of routine maintenance.
- Vehicle check and standard services as set out in BMW service booklet in owner’s documentation (chapter : Maintenance summary, Vehicle check)
- Repairs beyond warranty covered during programme period.
- Valid at any BMW Authorised Service Workshop, provided it is still within the 3-year validity period, or 60,000km.
- Transferable to your car's next owner, provided it is still within the 3-year validity period, or 60,000 km.

MSport;492110 said:
Rach, I asked for the following in my last service at IA at 48K KM:

1. Change wiper blades
2. Update the OBC software to the latest
3. To check on my rattling sound near driver's air-con side (later they found a 20 sen coin)

The rest of it are standard, i.e oil filter etc.

Schwepps may have some more inputs....

Change wiper blades due to wear n tear?

astroboy;492116 said:
Warranty or BSRI?

Warranty, u can't do much. If oil leak, then change, no leak, no peel, can't do much. Unless u can extend it, the under table method... (talk offline). Your peeling steering cover can claim warranty. All peeling of upholstery can claim.. I had a friend that claim the entire central console because of ****, and 4 set of suspension because of ****. Promise my friend cannot tell.. :p buy my Teh Tarik in Official TT, I tell.. :wink:

BSRI, refer to: http://www.bmw.com.my/com/en/general/bmwowners/after_sales/bmw_serviceinclusive.html

The item listed there are:
- Change of engine oil (not including top-ups).
- Service / replacement of air filters, microfilters, spark plugs, brake fluid.
- Brake pads, front and rear.
- Brake disc, front and rear.
- Clutch (worn only)
- Windscreen wiper blades as part of routine maintenance.
- Vehicle check and standard services as set out in BMW service booklet in owner’s documentation (chapter : Maintenance summary, Vehicle check)
- Repairs beyond warranty covered during programme period.
- Valid at any BMW Authorised Service Workshop, provided it is still within the 3-year validity period, or 60,000km.
- Transferable to your car's next owner, provided it is still within the 3-year validity period, or 60,000 km.

BSRI is 3 yrs or 60k ma... My car is coming to 24 months old..so warranty..
So far I dont see any problem with the car. everything seems ok to me. I dont want after 24 months 1 day old..got this n that...like valve leakage, engine prob...............

strange but feel like we are being shortchanged if the gear oil change is not under BSRI. engine oil is under BSRI how come gear oil isnt?

Top Bottom