E90 325i or E60 530i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW9700

Club Guest
Bros and sistas,just havin a tough time deciding if it should be a n E90 or E60...the interior of the E90 looks so spartan and the interior of the E60 looks classy n with I drive as well....dunno which one to consider...at the moment drivin an E46...any input much appreciatedregards

I thought there is no basis for comparison..........530 is much more powerful and bigger than 325. If one is to compare between 523 and 325........I can understand cos of the dilemma between size and power. But 530 and 325..........I thot the choice was obvious. My 2 sens worth...

BMW9700;240064 said:
Bros and sistas,
just havin a tough time deciding if it should be a n E90 or E60...the interior of the E90 looks so spartan and the interior of the E60 looks classy n with I drive as well....dunno which one to consider...at the moment drivin an E46...any input much appreciated
regards

Bro bmw9700,

I actually had both cars together at one point in time, so i had a bit of experience with both. It depends of course on what your priorities are...

Agreed that the E60 has a bigger n more interesting interior with IDrive n all but you can still get IDrive in the E90 325i Sports right? The twin binnacles does make a big difference to the overall look of the interior. I dont have the sports version but i wish i did! However you will get some slight increase in size internally btwn the E90 n the E46.

As far as actual driving is concerned i always prefered to get behind the wheel of the E90 anyday! I think it has to do with the power to weight ratio as the E60 always felt a bit heavy and wasnt as nimble and exciting or 'chuckable' as the E90.

So if interior space is not an issue for you and you prefer the driving experience i would actually suggest you go for the E90 325i Sports! :top:

My small humble contribution......

bmrocket;240108 said:
Bro bmw9700,

I actually had both cars together at one point in time, so i had a bit of experience with both. It depends of course on what your priorities are...

Agreed that the E60 has a bigger n more interesting interior with IDrive n all but you can still get IDrive in the E90 325i Sports right? The twin binnacles does make a big difference to the overall look of the interior. I dont have the sports version but i wish i did! However you will get some slight increase in size internally btwn the E90 n the E46.

As far as actual driving is concerned i always prefered to get behind the wheel of the E90 anyday! I think it has to do with the power to weight ratio as the E60 always felt a bit heavy and wasnt as nimble and exciting or 'chuckable' as the E90.

So if interior space is not an issue for you and you prefer the driving experience i would actually suggest you go for the E90 325i Sports! :top:

My small humble contribution......

well said...that is my problem....i like the feel and fit (driving position for smaller framed persons) of the E90, but the interior is just too bland and no i drive for below 300k...now the E60 530i is large and comfy especially the ultra quiet cabin and the i drive...used units are around 250k plus..

regards

redbaron;240111 said:
Bmrocket when are you going to be an offical member la bro.

Redbaron,
Downloaded form already but still havent got around to filling it up yet la bro :turtle:

BMW9700;240114 said:
well said...that is my problem....i like the feel and fit (driving position for smaller framed persons) of the E90, but the interior is just too bland and no i drive for below 300k...now the E60 530i is large and comfy especially the ultra quiet cabin and the i drive...used units are around 250k plus..
regards

I envy your problem bro bmw9700....
Either way you cant really go wrong so its a good problem to have :rock:
How old are the used E60s you looking at?

I agree 100% with bmrocket. One is with a younger feel i.e. E90 and the other is with a classy feel i.e. E60. But if you are comparing an old E60 against a new E90, in my own opinion, I will go for a new car i.e. E90!

E90 rocks!!!:rock:

Seeing that a new E60 530i is hitting close to half a million ringgit, a used one for RM250k sounds like a steal... But a used car will come with its own sets of problems and history.. Also the ones for Rm250k might be based on the older M54 engine instead of the N52. Then again, worth saving a cool 1/4 million bucks over a new E60 530i!!

I am having the same problem you are facing last year. Let me share my 2cent here...

I am 30yrs old... I love the outlook, especially the front eye lid, so garang! Interior plus the I-Drive of E60, talking about 530i here... I really don't like the front (eye lid kind of look down, no sharp look) and rear eyes of E90... Plus my bodysize, the agent is right, E60 fits me better... Consmetic wise for the E90 really turns me down, compare to that of E60...

Next, test driving... Getting on the E60 with all the excitement... Feel so great in the cockpit... Auto adjust steering... On the road... Kind of feel weird... Where is the power... Feels very sluggish... Something is holding the car back... Realised the E60 is for comfy, not power... Put on downpayment for it...

Next day, accompany a friend to test on E90... Looking at the 90 & 60 paking side by side, wondering why would someone pick the 90 if financially is alright... Friend back from test driving... Gave all good comment, suggest me to give it a try... Get on the 90 reluctantly... WOW!!! Its so different from the 60!!! All the power is in!!! Push, it goes... Push again, it goes again... Yet, I am still in normal mode, not sport nor manual!!! The power is like no limit!!! INTERESTING!!! Immediately look at the 90 modification choices... Hmm... 90 has its potential!!! Change my order from 60 to 90... Agent keep pushing me to keep 60... HaHaHa...

End of the day... I am not a single bit regret on deciding the 90... Especially so many 60 got rob!!! HaHaHa...

So my friend, how old are you and what are you looking for? Power or Elegance? Power=90, Elegance=60, simple as that!

p/s: hope you will join us... E9x! HeeHee...

p/s: if the time got sport edition, sure I will get the 325i Sport! Darn the AB!!! Should let us know what package will be available at later stage... But will we be able to wait for them to come out with the package though... HaHaHa...

+1 on all comments made by the E90 crew...

I know a guy who traded up to an E60 but regretted it and he's trading in back for an E90. He missed the chuckability, as bmrocket stated. Its just a different animal. Of course everyone has different priorities.

To the OP, my advice is to reevaluate what is important to you and go with what you like. At the end of the day, it is you who is making the payments. GL.

if you have the budget, go for 2005 or newer 525i or 530i they have great engines compare with first batch of e60's. e90 325 sports you will feel like driving the same car as e46 if not more cramped

yeecher;240430 said:
if you have the budget, go for 2005 or newer 525i or 530i they have great engines compare with first batch of e60's. e90 325 sports you will feel like driving the same car as e46 if not more cramped

:laugh:

nice one...but seriously though.... :rolleyes:

BMW9700, it's been a while but as I recalled how your E46 looked, I would say you will enjoy the E90 Sports tremendously. It's a nice progression. Trust me, I've been there!

yeecher;240430 said:
e90 325 sports you will feel like driving the same car as e46 if not more cramped

You must be kidding right, E90=E46 :stupid:
E90 more cramped than E46 :eek:. What have you been smokin dude :rolleyes:

Dude... Have an crazy idea here... Go for E60... If don't like it, trade it back with AB with an E90... You will er... lose something around RM18k... Great idea?

ok guess i missed the point, overall the e90 is roomier than the e46 but i didn't like the 'bucket' seats in the 325i sports it really made me feel cramped. the regular e90 seats are good. anyways they are both great cars (e60 & e90) and my personal opinion is that unless u can afford a fast e90 (330i or above), you will appreciate the extras you find in an e60

Wow... do you know that even an E90 325i is a very nice and fun car to drive. You do not need to go until 330i. The way you comment is like you know very much about an E90 and E60. Mind sharing with us what's your ride yeecher ?

Top Bottom