E60 or E90?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Thanks guys...your advice helps me a lot in making up my mind and finally I am planning to go for e60 525..

is 520 under power?

My bro case I don't know what to say...he probably got a lemon as what you said..but he never regrets for his decision to purchase that car...he always think that it is the time for the car to have all this problem...and the time to do the repair..

initially i thought of going for Audi...but i still prefer e60...what you guys think of audi?

hehe...audi vs bmw...bro...why don't you test drive the audi too? then you could get a real-life driving feel and you could compare which suits you? I think different people have different preferences...

I did test audi...is quite good also...and i did test drive the 525 last year...of course cant compare to 525....:top:

DevilFan;478621 said:
I am still looking for diesel......or else i will go for the 520...Next year surely the best time to buy ..price will drop further...can afford the downpayment and installment ....my only worry is the repairs...as u know i am looking for the unregistered and most of them only give 6 months warranty and it depends what model you buy....of course second hand car will have a lot of problems and things to repair...if the normal wear and tear it is ok...

My bro is driving E36 1996 model i think or maybe older...and since he bought the car is a never ending problem...i think he spend more to repair than the value of the car....

I owned E60 530d for the last four years..very happy with the car .... can simply overtake any E60 on the road. I emmune to the black smoke on sudden acceleration.

Very happy with the car. however, the malaysian perception makes the car price drop deep deep to the drain. For the brand new price bought at RM440K, now the 2ns hand value is about RM180K..... I will keep it until end of his life.

On your selection, i strongly advice you to go for E60 bulky, fierce, beast but very sportier.

r37720;479895 said:
I owned E60 530d for the last four years..very happy with the car .... can simply overtake any E60 on the road. I emmune to the black smoke on sudden acceleration.

Very happy with the car. however, the malaysian perception makes the car price drop deep deep to the drain. For the brand new price bought at RM440K, now the 2ns hand value is about RM180K..... I will keep it until end of his life.

On your selection, i strongly advice you to go for E60 bulky, fierce, beast but very sportier.

Yes I agree with you...the 2nd value is very bad...thats why I am planning to go for 2nd hand.....I don;t think want to go for recon coz heard not that good....most of the cars I found...the number dont ngam...looking for no. 3....all add up is No. 3 and the 4th digit is 9. e.g 1029...taking my time to buy...surely next year the price some more lower...also looking for at least 1 year warranty......let me know if any good deal...with a good number....

DevilFan;479896 said:
Yes I agree with you...the 2nd value is very bad...thats why I am planning to go for 2nd hand.....I don;t think want to go for recon coz heard not that good....most of the cars I found...the number dont ngam...looking for no. 3....all add up is No. 3 and the 4th digit is 9. e.g 1029...taking my time to buy...surely next year the price some more lower...also looking for at least 1 year warranty......let me know if any good deal...with a good number....

Number can change it anytime. Most important to get a good unit.

I plunge myself on an E90 coz its still has the brand new look for another few oncoming years at least...remember that when F10 comes E60 wont be the newest model anymore...i feel E90 is more nimble when it comes to handling especially the sports..Also with all the gadgets on LCI its an addiction..Go for at least 2.5cc engines u will love the engine notes and power...

However if its gonna be a 2nd hand car makesure you have gone through all the proper checks and tests A-Z b4 you get one..

VKS;479916 said:
I plunge myself on an E90 coz its still has the brand new look for another few oncoming years at least...remember that when F10 comes E60 wont be the newest model anymore...i feel E90 is more nimble when it comes to handling especially the sports..Also with all the gadgets on LCI its an addiction..Go for at least 2.5cc engines u will love the engine notes and power...

However if its gonna be a 2nd hand car makesure you have gone through all the proper checks and tests A-Z b4 you get one..

F10 I think launching 2011...but for now still need to get something to move on...
I am still searching a good deal...

facelifted Head lamp, tail lamp... head up display... joystick-like gear stick... what else???

thule;479933 said:
facelifted Head lamp, tail lamp... head up display... joystick-like gear stick... what else???

The door trim also slightly different but in general see no difference unless you owned one

yup thats right...
There is one unit in mudah.com 2005 model for RM 140k and is a recon from Japan.
Not sure if the price is right or not..

too good to be true! I reckon that the car might be problematic... but what do i know? U have to check the car for yourself...
My friend has just bought E60 from Puchong after ransacking whole KL... Cheras, Old Klang Road, Ampang... took him 3 weeks but it was all worth it.. the car was in great conditin despite being year 2004 :top:

thule;478517 said:
if you are big sized guy, get yourself E60... E90 is too cramped!
Your friend obviously is not a BMW driver.. who said that E60's drivers are in 40s??? I'm 30 :D

ya lor ...im not in my 40's but still love my E60.....im 50+ ....:top::wink::wink::biggrin::24::24::24:

Just got myself a e90. I'm in my early 40s but opted for the e90 as i prefer the more nimble and smaller e90.

Many my age prefer the e60. Having owned a e30 & e36, i'm a 3 series man. Maybe will always be.

E60 still the best, sporty, powerful and guys.. It's really UDM... You can strike on the right lane at top speeds and never scare of (AES), just joking:rock:.... Careful and drive safety the most important, mine 2004 jap recon 525, hi line, car is very good condition... So far so good..worth for $..No regret owning the e60...

E60 or E90?

I owned a E46 and E90 before. Currently my ride is E60 525. My choice go for E60.....

Top Bottom