E90 320i RM268K...!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yea...agree! paying for over 260K and dont even get a pair of those luxurious xenon projector headlamp isnt really worth the buck :blink:

Here's the comparison on the 320i & 325i models:
what's the difference?

Standard Equipment

320iA

Automatic Gearbox (including Steptronic)
Velour floor mats
Dynamic Stability Control (DSC III)
Tropical Specifications
Automatic Stability Control + T (ASC)
Leather Dakota
Park Distance Control (PDC) rear
Front passenger airbag
Runflat Indicator
Side airbags for front passenger
Rain Sensor
Adjustable steering column manual
Exterior parts in body colour
Multi function for steering wheel
Remote Control for Central Locking
Leather steering wheel
BMW Styling 156 Double Spoke 16“ Wheels
3rd Headrest rear
Foglights front
Manual adjustable headrest rear
Individual White side indicator lights
Elec Windows - front and rear
Interior mirrors with auto anti-dazzle function
Elec Adjustable seats with memory for driver’s seat
Interior trim finishers Titanium matt
Centre armrest front
Car Telephone Preparation CD Changer
Km/h speedometer
Radio BMW Professional (CD)
On Board Computer (low)
Warning triangle/first aid kit
Automatic Airconditioning
Cup Holder

325iA

Velour floor mats
Tropical Specifications
Leather Dakota
Front passenger airbag
Runflat Indicator
Rain Sensor
Navigation system Professional
Rear Roller Sunblind (Elec)
Sports leather steering wheel
BMW Styling 159 Star Spoke 17“ Wheels
3rd Headrest rear
Foglights front
Centre armrest front and rear
Km/h speedometer
Radio BMW Business (CD)
On Board Computer (low)
Cup Holder

E46F:
Notice they dont have the engine water temp? Its probably hidden in the OBC menu somewhere. Dont like that.

I dislike the power window switches on the door instead of the centre. Its like driving a Japanese car.

sigh....

Originally posted by 3er@Apr 28 2005, 01:32 PM
E46F:
Notice they dont have the engine water temp? Its probably hidden in the OBC menu somewhere. Dont like that.

I dislike the power window switches on the door instead of the centre. Its like driving a Japanese car.

sigh....
Yup, I hate those power window switches too!

Originally posted by Spaceman@Apr 28 2005, 09:06 PM
yea...agree! paying for over 260K and dont even get a pair of those luxurious xenon projector headlamp isnt really worth the buck :blink:

Here's the comparison on the 320i & 325i models:
what's the difference?

Standard Equipment

320iA

Velour floor mats
Tropical Specifications
Leather Dakota
Front passenger airbag
Runflat Indicator
Rain Sensor
Leather steering wheel
BMW Styling 156 Double Spoke 16“ Wheels
3rd Headrest rear
Foglights front
Centre armrest front
Km/h speedometer
Radio BMW Professional (CD)
On Board Computer (low)
Cup Holder

325iA

Velour floor mats
Tropical Specifications
Leather Dakota
Front passenger airbag
Runflat Indicator
Rain Sensor
Navigation system Professional
Rear Roller Sunblind (Elec)
Sports leather steering wheel
BMW Styling 159 Star Spoke 17“ Wheels
3rd Headrest rear
Foglights front
Centre armrest front and rear
Km/h speedometer
Radio BMW Business (CD)
On Board Computer (low)
Cup Holder
eii??? runflat indicator means that 320 and 325 got runflat tyres izit??? no point lah , if BMW malaysia is doing that just to justify the price,no point having navigation in 325 also, rather sub it for some M tec acessories or free service hahahahah

What about I-drive is it at least standard on the 325i ? Or is it only optional (and how much more for it ?) Or it's not even available in Malaysia ?

Sorry to sound like a typical Roundel reader, but electric window switches on the door?!!! Is the battery in the engine bay as well?! Tui!

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Apr 29 2005, 01:41 AM
Sorry to sound like a typical Roundel reader, but electric window switches on the door?!!! Is the battery in the engine bay as well?! Tui!
I guess I don't mind the switch being located at the door but in the E90's instance, it's located behind a plasticky door rest which is odd. Not as neat as the Merc's.

Originally posted by Spaceman@Apr 29 2005, 10:51 AM
so....gentlemen, the verdict is???

is the E90 good or not?
Ummm.... can't wait to test drive it first esp in 325i guise b4 really commenting. Initial impression tho is I feel less pressured to upgrade just on its looks alone. In fact, if the interior is gonna be significantly enhanced during facelift like how they did for C-Class, I might even wait that long or contemplate getting an E60. Yup, the present interior is way too minimalist and plasticky for my taste. No match for my bro's present generation Audi A4 1.8T.

is the E90 good or not?

Went to the public BMW event today. My first impression is exceedingly underwhelming.

I am sure it can sell because it is the newest car around but if within the next two years, Merc can come up with an improved and sportier c- class or Audi improves the body control of its A4 and sort out its image problem (at least here in Malaysia), I think they can take the rug from under BMW feet.

At this price bracket, I think the most important criteria is desirability and up to the 5 series, BMW has always been on top of this game. However, if you compare the 3 series against newer Merc models (CLS and M class), I think that is about to change.

You know, having the new 3 on my rear view mirror or streaking past just does not have the same effect as its big brother, the 5.

In short, I am pretty disappointed with the styling and for me, it is a big deal.

Originally posted by thinice@Apr 30 2005, 06:47 AM

is the E90 good or not?

Went to the public BMW event today. My first impression is exceedingly underwhelming.

I am sure it can sell because it is the newest car around but if within the next two years, Merc can come up with an improved and sportier c- class or Audi improves the body control of its A4 and sort out its image problem (at least here in Malaysia), I think they can take the rug from under BMW feet.

At this price bracket, I think the most important criteria is desirability and up to the 5 series, BMW has always been on top of this game. However, if you compare the 3 series against newer Merc models (CLS and M class), I think that is about to change.

You know, having the new 3 on my rear view mirror or streaking past just does not have the same effect as its big brother, the 5.

In short, I am pretty disappointed with the styling and for me, it is a big deal.
thinice, didcha test drive tho? I share your sentiments and concern too but BMW's key attribute has always been its driving capabilities and the road reviews so far from Europe has been vastly positive. So, I might settle for the apparent uninspiring styling if it drives better than my present 325i.

thinice, didcha test drive tho

I didn't cos there are too many people and I was there with my 2 small kids. I think I will try to get a proper test drive from AB some time later when things are not so hectic.

I understand that it should drive very well. Just that I think it is just as important to look the part. If you see an E46 (esc the coupes) driven in anger, then you know what I mean. I don't get the same feeling with the E90.

Just my personal speculation. Maybe only about 20% buyer really buys a Bimmer based on how they drive. The rest buys it because how it looks like it will drive. How else could you explain the percentage of those buying the 318s. (like myself).

If how it drives is above anything else, I would have gone for an Altezza or an Alfa or even an E36 328 rather than a 318.

Before this, a Bimmer is the ultimate car for me (discounting Porsche and above) but now, when the time comes for me to upgrade, I will definitely, seriously be checking out Mercs and Audi as well.

And another thing, you can change/upgrade the mechanicals but the styling stays until the next model roll out. There is only so much a facelift can do.

I spoke to my sales guy....He said that there will be no I-Drive for all the 3 series in Malaysia. Apparently, its a BMW Malaysia policy. I suspect there seems to be a change in trend in terms of strategy. They seem to prefer to cut down features that are available to maintain a competitive price. They are now less susceptible in decreasing their profit margin instead.

I think this will hurt the brand in the long run. This was what MBenz did in the last few years, and they are paying the price now

Originally posted by Toffeeman@Apr 30 2005, 05:13 AM
I spoke to my sales guy....He said that there will be no I-Drive for all the 3 series in Malaysia. Apparently, its a BMW Malaysia policy. I suspect there seems to be a change in trend in terms of strategy. They seem to prefer to cut down features that are available to maintain a competitive price. They are now less susceptible in decreasing their profit margin instead.

I think this will hurt the brand in the long run. This was what MBenz did in the last few years, and they are paying the price now
I suspect that the 330i might come with the iDrive option tho. Can't imagine what makes up the RM100k diff between the 325i and 330i (both CBU).

Yes no I Drive for Msian models......but I thought it is CBU so should be the same like in UK?

Did u notice there is no double hump on the dashboard of the showcar unlike in the brouchure and magazines.

Originally posted by thinice@Apr 30 2005, 09:43 AM
One more thing,

My kids (2 and 5) actually prefer to check out the E21 :D
ahahahaa, i m sure your kids thinks the e21 is cute :D

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Apr 30 2005, 05:17 AM
I suspect that the 330i might come with the iDrive option tho. Can't imagine what makes up the RM100k diff between the 325i and 330i (both CBU).
hi,

how much are they respectively? i gather 320i is 268k.. thanks!

Top Bottom