E90 320i First Service

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Orion

Club Guest
Took my car in for its first service at 7800kms. Planning to travel next month, so might as well service it now than wait for the last minute rush.Nothing major, they just changed the micro filter and engine oil.I was expecting to be charged something e.g. labor or some parts or the other - to my surprise, I don't need to pay anything.Now that ... is real JOY! :)

I am about to do the same and called up AB today to find out more; apparently the first, 3rd and 5th services are free if under 3yr BSRI but those in betweens are chargeable...! This is in parallel and in addition to 24 months warranty! BSRI only covers labour cost and certain replacement parts but not all parts! This information might be helpful to some newbies like us.

Tips : if your service countdown indicator shows 5000km or less you are eligible for a free oil change already!
I myself had mine changed at every 10k km,all covered under BSRI.

namidub;761730 said:
Tips : if your service countdown indicator shows 5000km or less you are eligible for a free oil change already!
I myself had mine changed at every 10k km,all covered under BSRI.

Thank you so much, Namidub, for the useful tips! This helps a lot on BSRI enigma!

What else can we maximize this BSRI servicing? ;D

oh and early heads up,although this isn't covered by BSRI. do change the ATF at 40k (at your own cost).
bro jcjames,for maximizing BSRI servicing,u gotta have sweet tongue and a little luck with the SA.
our fellow friend got a lot of replacement components ,under BSRI because he complains a lot,plus the SA being helpful.
I'm not so lucky like him. :-D

namidub;761959 said:
oh and early heads up,although this isn't covered by BSRI. do change the ATF at 40k (at your own cost).
bro jcjames,for maximizing BSRI servicing,u gotta have sweet tongue and a little luck with the SA.
our fellow friend got a lot of replacement components ,under BSRI because he complains a lot,plus the SA being helpful.
I'm not so lucky like him. :-D

Thanks Bro Namidub, for all the good tips. Got my car back in this evening happily driving it away from SC but realised that the rear left signal light not working! :( Returned to the SC but told to return another day as their technicians were not available! Sigh.... talking about premium service quality... LOL

I am more like you, I need to get some sugar for my tongue... LOL

Thanks for the tips and guide.

You are right on the ATF part, I really do plan to change it before 40,000 kms.

I have been flooring the accelerator a lot just to rev up the engine and gear box, hitting 4500 rpms when exiting the toll gate. Just want to be sure that my car won't become sluggish, like my old Perdana V6.

3 days after I got my car back from the service center, the engine oil indicator dropped 1 notch. But this morning, it went back up to MAX level and afternoon it's down again. Weird.

Bro, pls forgive my ignorant, other than smoother drive with ATF change, what is the significant of changing it at 40k km?

Well, "conventional wisdom" and common practice is to change the ATF between 30K to 40K kms.

The ATF will start getting dirty after a while so it is advisable to flush and refill with new fluid to ensure the longevity of the gear box.

As you probably know gear box is one of the most expensive element of the car, so better to take gooooood care of it. If it fails due to clogged and dirty ATF, it will cost a bomb to replace.

Orion;762368 said:
Well, "conventional wisdom" and common practice is to change the ATF between 30K to 40K kms.

The ATF will start getting dirty after a while so it is advisable to flush and refill with new fluid to ensure the longevity of the gear box.

As you probably know gear box is one of the most expensive element of the car, so better to take gooooood care of it. If it fails due to clogged and dirty ATF, it will cost a bomb to replace.

Bro, that make sense... heard about the cost of the gear box! :(

Actually AB suggests to replace ATF at 40k km too.

Good tips! Thanks for sharing! Cheers

Bro Orion, do you feel that the engine is much smoother after the first service? :)

Orion;761178 said:
Took my car in for its first service at 7800kms. Planning to travel next month, so might as well service it now than wait for the last minute rush.
Nothing major, they just changed the micro filter and engine oil.
I was expecting to be charged something e.g. labor or some parts or the other - to my surprise, I don't need to pay anything.
Now that ... is real JOY! :)

My first service is due in 2000Km. Just wonder how long it'll take to do the first service. Do you wait at the SC or leave it there ? TQ

1. The engine smoother after the service ? Didn't really feel it ....

2. How long ? Mine is pretty standard stuff, not additional works - 1.5 hours and it was at Ingress Auto.

i didnt see much difference also after my 1st service. i did it on 11k.

Thanks Nand78 and Orion for the feedback! I left my car there in the morning for the first service and the car was ready for collection at noon.

Just to share information, in addition to normal servicing with oil and micro filter replacement, I had requested them to replace wipers, air cond coolant (aircond smell weird when powered up), and one set of rear signal LED lights as LHS was faulty after servicing, all 4 window glass were polished (with mild streak marks); all FOC! Happy with thier service!

Change wiper blades? How old is your car?

By the way, who was the service adivsor? I had Rishi and Liew for my last 2 visits to Ingress.

I did ask for a polish and it costs RM200 and 3-4 hours. I had to go back to office so cannot do.

Orion;763412 said:
Change wiper blades? How old is your car?

By the way, who was the service adivsor? I had Rishi and Liew for my last 2 visits to Ingress.

I did ask for a polish and it costs RM200 and 3-4 hours. I had to go back to office so cannot do.

Hey Orion, First service but AB changed wiper blades due to slight noise. Car polishing at RM200; it is cheaper than getting this done outside?

Top Bottom