E60 gas tank crack/leak

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jeffsofea

Hi there, really need some help here,my e60 gas tank was crack and heavy leak of petrol since I'm driving all the way from kl to kluang via plus highway last night,never hit anything since I bought this car 2 month before,no idea why can crack like this,luckily no fire kalau tidak Mati terbakar 1 family, asking if anyone know where I can get these used gas tank and how much the price? Please I got stuck here at kluang. Thanks a lot fans!

r u sure it is the gas tank that cracked and not some hoses that has split or cracked due to age?
a friends e39 which is 17 years old spewed petrol during fillup at the gas station but it turned out to be one of the rubber hoses that deteriorated due to age.the tank required to be removed for access to the hose.

sorry i donno the answer to your original query....

191.png

whoah......sorry for yr misfortune.....perhaps a temp patch repair wud do till you get back to KL?Assuming you live in KL that is.Find an epoxy that can withstand petrol.Or if you are not confident,,,,change the tank.Safety is always first....

Do you know where I can get the used parts gas tank? Anyway thanks for yours advise bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original e60 looks like the material was made from plastic and very thin,becarefull for those who owned e60, don't be hit anything via plus highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom