E60: Creeking noises from doors while driving - HELP and ADVICE needed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SpencerE60

Club Guest
Im experiencing some creeking noises while driving on uneven roads....now getting worse with 3 doors (initially only started with 1 door. Found out the problem (creeking noises) actually coming from the windows, i tried opening the windows a little when I hear those noises while driving, and it disappears, close it again and it came back. I wonder if it's the window rubber seals that are making the creeking noise? anyone familiar with this? Anyway to get rid of it? HELPPP!!!!!! cant stand those irritating noise anymore........:confused: :(

Hi SpencerE60, you can try to apply some rubber conditioner on the rubber bits which surrounds your windows. I believe AB has a similar conditioner called Gummy Fledge or something like that.

rookie;198928 said:
Hi SpencerE60, you can try to apply some rubber conditioner on the rubber bits which surrounds your windows. I believe AB has a similar conditioner called Gummy Fledge or something like that.

Thanks for your input, Rookie. I'll try that but can I use some other conditioner like "maguire's" trims and interior conditioner on the rubber? Hope this works, the noise is driving me nuts already!

Thanks again....I'll post some results tomorrow:) By the way, sure is great to have experience guys like you around; it helps a lot especially to Bimmer newbies like me:D

Best Regards.

wahhhhh, dun tell me E60 also have the common rattling problem like E46, bro spencer, do a search on rattling window maybe u can find some useful info

You can try Gummi Pflege as recommended by Rookie. Its actually the only thing you should put on your rubber lining.

Look, your car is still under warranty. Take it back to the dealer ask them to:

1) Lubricate the seals. They use some heavy duty stuff that works.

2) Re-torque door stiker plates, all 4 of them.

3) Wash your inner sills, there might be excess polish/wax

I had this problem with my E90, there actually was a TSB and they followed my instructions and fixed the problem.

Yes they do - if it is under warranty, send it back to the dealer. They know what to do as this is a common complain

SpencerE60;198933 said:
Thanks for your input, Rookie. I'll try that but can I use some other conditioner like "maguire's" trims and interior conditioner on the rubber? Hope this works, the noise is driving me nuts already!

Thanks again....I'll post some results tomorrow:) By the way, sure is great to have experience guys like you around; it helps a lot especially to Bimmer newbies like me:D

Best Regards.

I believe all those off-the-the-shelf products won't solve your problem permanently. The rattling sound may come back after about 1 month. The problem is that all the window rubber seals around the door and the car hardens fast in our hot and humid weather. If your car is still under warranty, I suggest you go back to AB (if you bought it from AB lah ;)) and get them to apply the Gummi Pflege grease for you. Not sure how much this product cost though.

Some of those 'cleaners' and 'conditioners' are actually harmful on our rubber bits. Gummi Pfledge is the best bet, its been the one to get for many decades.

I also use 303 aerospace protectant, but mostly for my plastic bits.

The easiest is to take it to the dealership. Don't forget the door striker plates!

chairoger;198973 said:
Oh man! Even new E60 also have this problem ah?! :eek:

You echoed my sentiment.

E36, e46, and now e60....

Man, when will BMW learn to make door panels correctly?

KL2DC;199057 said:
Some of those 'cleaners' and 'conditioners' are actually harmful on our rubber bits. Gummi Pfledge is the best bet, its been the one to get for many decades.

I also use 303 aerospace protectant, but mostly for my plastic bits.

The easiest is to take it to the dealership. Don't forget the door striker plates!

To all the Bimmer Sifus here, a BIG THANK YOU for the advices...really appreciate all the infos. i will be heading to AB to get the Gummy pflege now....hope this'll work. Asked my dealer (by the way, my E60 is a recon Jap spec unit, not from AB), they are not sure about it either......so, what to do? Have to find out myself laaa.....:( Definitely it's the rubber's fault...tried winding down the windows a little today and the noices just dissappears!

Well, lucky we have this BMW Club Malaysia Forum and guys like you around to help out newbies like me.

KL2DC, by the way what's the "Door Striker Plates" which you mention here? Sorry to ask but this is the first time I own a BMW:D

Thanks again everyone for the useful infos and I hope this thread can have more of these infos pertaining the "Creeking noises" in BMWs, maybe as a library for this particular problem since it's a regular occurance in Bimmers. Will keep you guys updated on my "problem" here.

Best Regards.

Not sure if AB would entertain grey imports. If they don't want to serve u, u may want to try your luck at Sapura Auto. They are quite helpful as shown during the Sapura Auto Open Day they organised for BMW Club Malaysia members in Jan.

I have the same problem with my E60 which is now 2 yrs old and the noise is still there despite me having sent it to AB no less than 6 times over the 2 years. So if anybody ask me if I will continue to send back to AB after my warranty is over, you know the answer.

Anyway, here's my experience with the creaking noises. I have driven a few other E60's and can tell you it is not all E60 that has that noise. Only happens to a few. There was a few kinds of noise. One made by the rubber seal which has been taken care of when AB changed all the rubber seal for me under warranty. But there is another loud creaking noise and I have traced it to the driver door side step plastic board (is that what you call stiker plates, the one with the BMW logo on it?). I have now been told by my friend in BMW Malaysia to bring it to Sapura Auto rather than AB to get it fixed. So that's what I'm planning to do soon.

What I will ask them to ddo is a series of things. Firstly is to remove one by one the door side step plate and drive the car. If there is no sound then it is confirmed that that is what is causing the noise. If the noise is till there than remove the rubber seals door by door. Simple common sense procedure which AB should have done.

I am also very irritated with the sound. Such nonsense should not be happening in luxury cars. I don't hear such things happening in MB.

So my advice to you is to have tons of patience and continue to bug them until they solve it.

Lee36328;199062 said:
You echoed my sentiment.

E36, e46, and now e60....

Man, when will BMW learn to make door panels correctly?

You forgot to add E90... man, at least my E34 does not squeek and rattle at the doors. Yup, was driven bonkers and to the point of despair by my ex-E36.:D

fabianyee;199098 said:
Not sure if AB would entertain grey imports. If they don't want to serve u, u may want to try your luck at Sapura Auto. They are quite helpful as shown during the Sapura Auto Open Day they organised for BMW Club Malaysia members in Jan.

Hi Fabian....Thanks for the tip! Errr.....can anyone tell me where's Sapura Auto's location and address? Contact no.? Thanks again.

Best Regards.

Jalan Tun Razak opposite Tabung Haji building, near to the junction with Jalan Ampang.

If you cannot find Gummi Pflege grease, try to use silicon grease. This grease is odurless and they can withstand high temperature. They are easily available in most reputable hardware store.

According to a service advisor from AB, this is a very common problem with the E60s and they are trying to rectify it.

johnchen;199120 said:
Jalan Tun Razak opposite Tabung Haji building, near to the junction with Jalan Ampang.

Thanks Johnchen, for the location tip :) Now I have another workshop option to send my bimmer to:D

I went to AB Glenmarie this afternoon and ask for the "Gummy Pflege" but they dont even know what is it, I said a friend recommended me to buy it there and they ask me what is it used for :eek: But then they recommended me "Carbaflo KSP105" which looks like a glue bottle with an application tip, Made in the UK for BMW AG Munich. it serves the same purpose as Gummy Pflege which is a High performance Lubricant for rubber. Havent use it yet but will do so tonight. Hope this works! It cost me RM180:eek: Will let you guys know the result tomorrow:)

Best Regards and thanx again for all the tips.

INNOVATOR;199169 said:
According to a service advisor from AB, this is a very common problem with the E60s and they are trying to rectify it.

"COMMON" with a price tag of over RM300K? Jeeezzz......How nice:mad:

Top Bottom