E46 Steering Rack

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
If the front tire was worn out, is it possible affect the steering and handling of the car and cause a free play?. Possible?

No la.bro...the tyre not couse the steering got free play.When u turn ur steering around 0.5~1.5inch.the tyre also no turn anymore...that call free play.Its dangerous when u cruising on highway.

Ibrahim Hanif;757745 said:
Ada bunyi "tak tak tak" tak time corner or mostly time nak parking. That might be the steering rack. Mine also encounter this sound. It's not a major actually and a common for e46. Need to know the cost also. Sifus, kindly advice us. Tq in advance.

My problem selesai..no more "ketak ketak" sound. When parking on lalu di jalan yg teruk also a bit freeplay...fuhhh... lega no need to change the steereng rack.

Mtigo;759420 said:
My problem selesai..no more "ketak ketak" sound. When parking on lalu di jalan yg teruk also a bit freeplay...fuhhh... lega no need to change the steereng rack.

Hi Mtigo,

Mine telling what do you do in solving your issues? Change or refurbish it, or others....

The problem came from steering coupeling..after my formen check the coupling he found out that my coupling skrew longgar so he tighten it back...and he said to me if my steering rack kaput 1st got oil liking if just buat tak tau than makan shaft than when make a turn your steering get stuck and hard to turn back. But if got free play check the coupling and teirod end first.

Mtigo;759909 said:
The problem came from steering coupeling..after my formen check the coupling he found out that my coupling skrew longgar so he tighten it back...and he said to me if my steering rack kaput 1st got oil liking if just buat tak tau than makan shaft than when make a turn your steering get stuck and hard to turn back. But if got free play check the coupling and teirod end first.

Bro,

Can you provide ur mechanic contact and location? I might want to gat a second opinion wrt my issues. I ve change both my tei-rod.
Just to confimed the same if what my mechanic told me that steering rack yang kaput.

Thanks in advance.

SBB;760037 said:
Bro,

Can you provide ur mechanic contact and location? I might want to gat a second opinion wrt my issues. I ve change both my tei-rod.
Just to confimed the same if what my mechanic told me that steering rack yang kaput.

Thanks in advance.

The wshop i go is only kedai papan bro...hot someore but if u don't mine the location is at kawasan perindustian kecil setapak jaya.

Hi there,
I have changed my steering rack together with the tie-rods. It cost me 4k. The foreman told me all the parts are original which he got from Germany. He showed me the shipping slip as well. I heard rebuild the steering rack will not resolve the issue for long term, not sure how true is that.

Regards,
GOpi

if any one need the steering rack can pm me,i got the used steering rack but the condition like new.thanks~

Top Bottom