E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hmm.....seems like something that my car also has.....nnot so drastic (as yet) but whenever i slow down from about 80kmh or so, as the speed drops to 50-40kmh the idle meter fluctuates from about 700 to 900 rpm many times...can see the rev counter yoyo'ing between 700 to 900 rpm a few times.......but one the car has stopped....its stablises at 800rpm.......

Do you reckon that is also the knock sensor or something else? :blink:

Hola,

My car seems to idle badly and then the engine would die off especially if im caught in a jam. Having a hard time with this. I heard its due to the ignition coil problem. It is true? How much would it cost to replace and where? Need help. Been having this problem for quite some time now. Thanks.

Eds

Originally posted by eds7@Mar 12 2006, 01:18 AM
Hola,

My car seems to idle badly and then the engine would die off especially if im caught in a jam. Having a hard time with this. I heard its due to the ignition coil problem. It is true? How much would it cost to replace and where? Need help. Been having this problem for quite some time now. Thanks.

Eds
my fren just got the same prob.. it was a hose( forgotten the name). its somewhere near the engine.. we tot it was the ignition coil as i have encountered the same prob b4! the cost was like rm180 for the hose..

hola, its better to check with yr mechanics 1st whether its the hose or the ignition coil? ignition coil will cost ard rm200++ per piece.

at yr explanation, i think its the hose! if yr igniton coil kaput u will notice tat yr car will jerk once the engine is started.!

the w/shop is optimum in kayu ara, damansara.

thanks guys.... i also posted the same question in the UK BMW forum....anwsers were to check :
ignition coils
idle sensor
cam shaft sensor
will be sending my car in about 2 weeks due to time constraints and also that the problem on my car is not rendering the car difficult to drive (as yet!).......

am expecting about RM200 to RM600 bill repair cost......

Will keep you posted......

Thanks for the feedback guys. appreciate it. need to go back to the workshop again la. Optimum in kayu ara? ill try that la. if i can find it. cheers.

eds7

My service done at M-Power Rawang....

Front brake disc - RM790.00

Rear brake disc - RM790.00

Front brake pad - RM480.00

Rear brake pad - RM350.00

Lower arm bush - RM450.00

Brake Sensor - RM120.00

Engine Oil Top-up - RM38.00

Labour - RM100.00

TOTAL = RM3118.00

After Discount = RM3050.00

*All parts are original BMW

I think is a bit overprice... and funny the disc share the same price...

What do you think guys?

Thanks.

just change a front lower arm bush cost me rm320 for a pair(lemforder)...labour charge rm80...issit expensive???

Originally posted by stephen@Mar 5 2005, 12:14 PM
btw, i believe the oil charges was a genuine mistake. The service advisor was apologising many times to me.

anyway, oil change at M-speed was so much cheaper i.e. Shell Helix Ultra + bmw oil filter + labour only RM160 for this 2lt engine .... whilst at AB, RM43 for filter & RM223 for the so-called Shell Helix Ultra (BMW Longlife-01) & labour cost included elsewhere in the Inspection I labour cost!

what to do, trying to maintain with them since car less than 3yrs old ... in case any future "goodwill" warranty claims. Touch wood.
Yes, M-speed USJ provide good and cheap service.
Ah Meng managed to help me overcome the Vibration problem.

Airbag sensor light ON

repair :
driver site tensioner belt - RM530
labour + diagno - RM120

Got my brake pad change last week, front-EBC-RM170, rear-ATE-RM100, sensor RM30..........DIY at home, cheapest lah.......

ok. inspection 1 at AB today..

1. BMW Inspection 1 --> including body inspection and
old oil disposal(bullshit) RM 143.00

2. Replacing Fluid in ABS/ASC+T brake system. RM 44.00

3. Shell Helix Ultra AB 4.25L(BMW LongLife-01) RM 276.25

4. FIlter Element(OIL FILTER LA) RM48.96

5. Micro FIlter :getyourfactsright: RM 217.62-> cut throat price.

6. Cleaner RM 11.31

7. Brake Fluid rm56.88.

8. Car Wash FOC

total RM806.77 :cry:

front brake pad - Rm160 - EBC Black
rear brake pad - Rm 100 - ATE OEM

Sensor - RM30

labour - DIY

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum. I just got my BMW 318i 2000 model(recon). This is my 1st time owing a BMW. I don't know where and how much would the maintenance be. I hope to get some advice from you all. Where is the best place to go for a service with a reasonble price ? My mileage is 19450+. When shd my next service be ?

thanks.

'1st inspection' at AB 19/4

1. BMW Inseption 1 RM 143.00 ( I think this is labour charge )

2. To dispose old engine oil RM 44.00

3. Filter Element RM 53.37

4. Filter ' micro filter' RM 217.62

5. Cleaner RM 11.31

Service tax RM 9.35

Total RM478.65

with complimentary car wash.. :unsure:

'Engine oil' I bring my own..

hi. last month changed 2 ignition coils (#2 & #3 out of 6). after that ok. can get back the pick up. after 2 weeks, engine vibrate again and no pickup. send back to mechanic, diagnos, coil #3 error. after some cleaning and adjusting, ok back. after few kilometers, the ASC and EML lighted. diagnos, 'throttle output-stage shutoff after diagn error'. Anything to do with the 'throttle body'? ...

Top Bottom